IGNORED

How to improve Wifi control isolation

Hi,I didn't post previously cause my English is poor, but the problem is bugging me a lot. I am using Atom netbook with small internal hard drive as my music player and running JRMC 17. The audio outputs via usb cable > 1st Regen > supra usb > 2nd Regen > hard adaptor > MF M1 dac. My amp is MF M6 int amp and speakers are Revel F206. The remote control to the netbook is Samsung Android tablet running Gizmo. And all Regens and M1 are running on LPS. The problem is when I turn on the wifi service and using Gizmo to do remote control, the sound quality of music losses its richness and more glare and losses quietness and micro dynamic. Sibilance is more profound. If I disable the wifi service and also turn on the free Fidelizer to extreme setting, then the music is much much better and Regen also can work its magic. I am picky listener so is there a way to do wifi control correctly and doesn't degrade SQ?How about this weekend I am going to try external usb dongle wireless from BELKIN, and don't use netbook's own wifi service, will it perform better?Hope my question is clear. :)

Hmmm.........your English is poor but you've mastered enough to use contractions?......and slang such as 'bugging' as well as audiophile slingo 'glare', richness, micro-dynamics?

Interesting that you should have two Regens in your system. I wonder if the combination of two Regens isn't actually responsible for your SQ problems and not the wifi activation? I'd try removing the Regens and seeing if the 'magic' which might be black isn't working against the white magic of wifi which is very powerful and omnipotent.

I am sure both Regens are not the limiting factor here. First I put in the Regen green to listen and the SQ improvement was quite decent, not until I switched to LPS then it really shined. After I got the Regen amber and chained them up in series and also all this while I got 1 piece of Supra usb cable which I bought online from UK retailer long time ago, the SQ was very great that I can't believe the modest Atom netbook running XP os can be so good and beat a cd player. I also put the netbook on 15V LPS which did help a lot also. All this while I didn't turn on the wifi service and I walked to the pc to select/switch songs.

Now I switch on the wifi and using Gizmo, and Fidelizer is using Audiophile setting (Extreme setting will disable wifi) I find the SQ degraded in loud volume. If I play in lower volume, the difference is not that obvious. So I guess maybe by turning on wifi service, more cpu processes need to run and this would affect SQ.

Side note is since pc playback is so good after using Regen, I also have ordered 3 Audioquest Jitterbugs to further improve the playback. I am cracking my head how to set up one ultimate Win 10 music server for playback. I just don't want this wifi remote control issue to be the Achilles heel of my system.

Trust me if my English is that good, then I don't have to blabber so long just to get the point across and I will participate actively in discussion.

Is the netbook hard wired into your network or are you using wifi? If using wifi on the netbook you may want to get a long ethernet cable and test a hard wire connection back to a switch or your router, then have the tablet communicate through the wifi port on the router. In some cases (probably depending on the layout of the motherboard and the components used) enabling wifi on the computer creates enough EMI/RFI, or even circuit noise, that it interferes with the quality of the sound.

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

I am sure both Regens are not the limiting factor here. First I put in the Regen green to listen and the SQ improvement was quite decent, not until I switched to LPS then it really shined. After I got the Regen amber and chained them up in series and also all this while I got 1 piece of Supra usb cable which I bought online from UK retailer long time ago, the SQ was very great that I can't believe the modest Atom netbook running XP os can be so good and beat a cd player. I also put the netbook on 15V LPS which did help a lot also. All this while I didn't turn on the wifi service and I walked to the pc to select/switch songs.

Now I switch on the wifi and using Gizmo, and Fidelizer is using Audiophile setting (Extreme setting will disable wifi) I find the SQ degraded in loud volume. If I play in lower volume, the difference is not that obvious. So I guess maybe by turning on wifi service, more cpu processes need to run and this would affect SQ.

Side note is since pc playback is so good after using Regen, I also have ordered 3 Audioquest Jitterbugs to further improve the playback. I am cracking my head how to set up one ultimate Win 10 music server for playback. I just don't want this wifi remote control issue to be the Achilles heel of my system.

Trust me if my English is that good, then I don't have to blabber so long just to get the point across and I will participate actively in discussion.

To get the full benefit of the Extreme setting in Fidelizer, check the box that says "Networking".

Wifi will then work, and the difference is substantial in the SQ.

John Withem

Proprietor

JW Audio.

http://www.jwaudio.net/default.html

I have tested the option of hard wire to a rounter (TP-LINK TL-MR3020) and SQ was indeed much better and less harsh. Thank you for the solution and I am indeed reliefed. I powered the router with LPS (I know I am paranoid)However, this may not what you like but in the end the actual best sound qualify achieved was using highly moded MF CDT cd transport running on LPS and output rca spdif signal to MF M1 DAC which was also running on LPS. Vibration isolation are roller blocks and marble tiles. All the LPS were connected to regenerative power supply which itself connected to balanced power supply. The int amp MF M6 was direct powered from the balanced power supply. Surprisingly, even I used Bryston BDP-2 running on regenerative power and output usb audio to 2 regens connected in series with 12V LPS, it still can't beat cd transport. If BDP-2 outputs signal via AES spdif using Wywires GOLD cable, then it can come close to 90% of cd transport performance in terms of SQ.I heard Bryston just release a new audio card to improve BDP-2's spdif output. I am going to order one to test. Hopefully it can beat the humble cd transport. This really is unexpected and give me something to think about computer audio.