IGNORED

CAPS Intel DN2800 Windows 10

I have a Intel DN2800mt motherboard for my CAPS music server. Wanting to download Win 10 but getting an "incompatible graphics driver" error.

Anyone getting Windows 10 to download with this Intel board? Read about some laptop issues using Intel graphics and Win 10.

Holo Spring Kitsume Level 3, Singxer SU-1

Supposedly the board uses Intel 3600 series graphics driver and isnt supported for Windows 10. Intel support said they were updating a driver but then said no. Geez only purchased the board a year or so ago.

Is there a cheap hardware fix I wonder?

Supposedly the board uses Intel 3600 series graphics driver and isnt supported for Windows 10. Intel support said they were updating a driver but then said no. Geez only purchased the board a year or so ago.

Is there a cheap hardware fix I wonder?

You're probably already using the pcie slot, otherwise just add budget fan less graphics card.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

You're probably already using the pcie slot, otherwise just add budget fan less graphics card.

I think you minght be right, I have a PPA card. I assume its one or the other?? Thanks.....

I think you minght be right, I have a PPA card. I assume its one or the other?? Thanks.....

A long shot... But you could try a USB to VGA type adaptor such as StarTech.com USB to VGA Multi Monitor External Video Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Not sure if that would allow Windows 10 to install.

You might find you could put a PCIe card in, install windows and remove it after and it work.

Or use a Mini PCIe to PCIe adaptor to connect a graphics card.

Please note I've not tried any of these just some thoughts.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Hopefully Intel or Microsoft come through with a new driver soon. Arnt there a lot of DN2800 users out there?

Ive heard Windows 10 is a nice jump in sonics, surprised this isnt a bigger topic??

I downloaded Win 10 on my Caps 3 using the same board with out a hitch. Up graded from Win 8.1 64 bit. Everything works great, and sounds really good.

C.A.P. Pipeline, windows pro 10 > Roon > SOtM USB > Keces power supply > HDplex power supply > 4x2 HD Mini DSP > Ayre DSD QB-9 > Naim CDX > ModWright 9 S.E. Preamp > A21 Parasound Amplifier > Magnepan .7 > Augie's Dipole sub, ML sub, DIY sub > Dedicated room with acoustical treatment.

I downloaded Win 10 on my Caps 3 using the same board with out a hitch. Up graded from Win 8.1 64 bit. Everything works great, and sounds really good.

So did Sig8, an audio buddy of mine who is convincing me to try it (he responded on NAA thread). Keith, I think it must be something else in your setup. Maybe graphics card fan in Bios setting?

I have a Intel DN2800mt motherboard for my CAPS music server. Wanting to download Win 10 but getting an "incompatible graphics driver" error.

Anyone getting Windows 10 to download with this Intel board? Read about some laptop issues using Intel graphics and Win 10.

That is not a motherboard issue, but a CPU issue as the integrated GPU sits in the Intel CPU, not on the motherboard.

If you Google you will find many explanations of the problem. Google on "Intel 3600 Windows 10". In effect the GPU works only under 32-bit software and it is time to either update your CPU to one with a different GPU or upgrade your mobo + CPU altogether. Or...don't upgrade the OS. This GPu was launched in Nov 2011. It is old.

What is your current OS? As per Intel, this GPU was only certified against Win7 32-bit.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Pepsican, thanks but then this doesn't explain how users here have taken that exact cpu (unless DN2800MT versions have different cpus, I thought not) and moved to Win 10 effortlessly (like 2 posts above you).

Pepsican, thanks but then this doesn't explain how users here have taken that exact cpu (unless DN2800MT versions have different cpus, I thought not) and moved to Win 10 effortlessly (like 2 posts above you).

Possibly by running the drivers in compatibility mode or not using the integrated CPU but an add-on card? That said, Intel clearly states on its website that the Mobo is certified only for 32-bit OS Windows 7 and XP. And Microsoft has clearly stated in its own support forums that the driver for this GPU is not part of the Windows 10 installation. For an official fix only Intel can offer a solution here. As they haven't issued drivers for Windows 8/8.1, I don't think they would do now.

Another point to check is the BIOS version. Perhaps the latest BIOS version allows for more "leniancy" and Windows 10 can use a generic driver?

Btw, this is not uncommon as typically you only get driver support for 18-24 months, with a few exceptions, such as nVidia and AMD cards. As the driver model for Windows 10 is similar to Windows 8.1, most people should be okay, but especially those on Windows 7 with hardware older than 2 years should be cautious and make a good back up and keep their installation ISO handy for a rollback.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

I decided to use the media creation tool again despite warnings of graphic driver issue when clicking on win 10 icon at bottom of my computer, and this time it worked. I downloaded and installed Win 10 on my Intel DN2800mt board from Win7. Everything worked fine but had a little video ghosting going on at first but seems to be gone now.

Also just downloaded Jriver 21 on Win 10 and all working and sounding great! :)