IGNORED

4 US and 1 European balanced power transformers for sale at $450 each + shipping and handling

As luck would have it, I recently stumbled into a cache of 4 US and and 1 European balanced power units. The factory is allowing me to offer them for sale as a service to CA members. This is a group buy opportunity for a few of us to get a high-end audio component delivering increased sound quality at a great price.

This is a new 120 or 240 volt BP-30 balanced power supply from Bridgeport Magnetics, a US manufacturer of toroidal transformers.

- symmetric and isolated AC power supply

- black audiophile grade casing

- one power switch

- one fuse and holder

- one ground terminal

- 8 outlets

- 1000 VA unit

- UL and CE compliant.

- 10 years warranty

- standard female IEC power input connector

- fully tested prior to shipping.

- $450 USD + shipping

- shipped direct from the factory

BP30 image.jpg

My system has been powered by one of these for 2 weeks. I am not giving it up. Highly recommended!

This is a good deal as the BP30 sold for $900 when first released.

Please PM me with any questions.

To order, just PM me your delivery address and email address. With your delivery address, I'll have the factory quote shipping costs and delivery date. Once you have approved the total price with shipping and handling, I'll send an invoice via Paypal. You pay me, and I instruct the factory to ship. All sales final.

Do please realize that the transformer weighs 40 lbs, so a rush delivery is going to be expensive. If you like, I will ask the factory to quote shipping cost at various shipping speeds.

You are going to love what balanced power does to noise in your system!

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Hi Larry,

Some Qs before I commit:

How much does it hum?

What are the dimensions of the unit?

Are there feet? Height with feet?

Does the large flat area next to the outlets (the trans is underneath that obviously) get warm at all?

What does the face look like?

Sure looks like a gray unit at a terrific price.

Thanks,

ALEX C.

Hi Alex,

Here are the answers to your questions about the BP-30 unit:

How much does it hum? - There is no percievable hum from this unit. I suspect that the toroid is resin potted, and will verify with the factory.

What are the dimensions of the unit? - Dimensions are L 14.5”x D 9”x H 3.5”, it quite small, but heavy.

Are there feet? Height with feet? - Yes, there are four feet. The feet are about half an inch tall. Height with feet is 3.5 inches.

Does the large flat area next to the outlets (the trans is underneath that obviously) get warm at all? - Temperature measures at 90 degree F. after 2 weeks of up-time.

What does the face look like? - It's a plain black aluminum slab.

The buy is going well. Currently, two 120 volt units are reserved for CA buyers. I should have a picture of the 240 volt European unit today.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. Many thanks for your interest.

Larry

I'm excited to be getting the last one. Thanks Larry!

Hi Alex,

Yes, the US models are all reserved. If a deal falls through I will post here about any additional availability.

There is still one 240 volt European model left, if any of our friends across the pond are interested!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the SQ benefits of balanced power.

Larry

I would like the 240V if the shipping to HK is not miserably high?

Incidentally HK supply Voltage is 220V, please shout if there is any issue.

Thanks

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

I would like the 240V if the shipping to HK is not miserably high?

Incidentally HK supply Voltage is 220V, please shout if there is any issue.

Thanks

Hi Zerung,

Attached please find a picture of the 240 Volt 1000VA transformer. It will work with 240, 220 volt, or even 110 volt mains. The impact of the voltage drop is reduced current (VAs) in direct proportion to the supply voltage. So at 110 volts the maximum current supplied is 500 VA.

Also, as you can see, the outputs are male IEC sockets. This means you will need female IEC to male IEC power cords, or adapters to whatever type of power cord you are using. These cords and adapters are obtainable from a large variety of sources.

Please see my PM for shipping details.

Thanks,

Larry

240 Volt Transformer.jpg

Update - All four 120 volt US units have been sold. The 240 volt BP-30 unit is still available.

There is another wall mount style of both isolation and balanced power transformers at 120 and 240 volts available. Sizes include 350VA, 650 VA and 1000 VA. If anyone is interested let me know, I can inquire about pricing, specifications and lead times. These will be made to order.

Larry

Hi Zerung,

Attached please find a picture of the 240 Volt 1000VA transformer. It will work with 240, 220 volt, or even 110 volt mains. The impact of the voltage drop is reduced current (VAs) in direct proportion to the supply voltage. So at 110 volts the maximum current supplied is 500 VA.

Also, as you can see, the outputs are male IEC sockets. This means you will need female IEC to male IEC power cords, or adapters to whatever type of power cord you are using. These cords and adapters are obtainable from a large variety of sources.

Please see my PM for shipping details.

Thanks,

Larry

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20149[/ATTACH]

Given the use of male IEC sockets on this device, to connect your equipment you could use one or more of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2815335...lpid=82&chn=ps

or this something like this:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta...FYEYHwodG2gIpg

combined with this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAQIN-ML-1100-EUR-8way-Hi-End-EURO-TYPE-Power-Filter-Socket-Conditioner-Block-US-/290821775099?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b6541efb

or this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAQIN-ML-1300-8-way-Hi-End-Universal-Power-Filter-Conditioner-Block-Socket-C-/261905511595?hash=item3cfac8f4ab

I hope this is helpful,

Larry

Does anyone know what happened to a company called Balanced Power Technologies? They sold balanced power supplies with Plitron transformers at quite reasonable prices.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 3 weeks later...

I would be interested in the wall mount BPS in 120 volt. Have you been able to get pricing and pictures of these

Update - All four 120 volt US units have been sold. The 240 volt BP-30 unit is still available.

There is another wall mount style of both isolation and balanced power transformers at 120 and 240 volts available. Sizes include 350VA, 650 VA and 1000 VA. If anyone is interested let me know, I can inquire about pricing, specifications and lead times. These will be made to order.

Larry

EtherRegen powered by Sonore UltraCap LPS1.2 -> Optical Cable ->OpticalRendu powered by SGC 50w LPS -> Ghent silver plated ->star quad USB (JSSG360)->Denafrips Hermes DDC -> i2S HDMI (Clocked by Terminator Dac via BNC)->Denafrips Terminator II Dac->Linear Tube Audio Preamplifier->Melody 845M Monoblocks -> Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cables->Pure Audio Project Trio15 Coaxial Open Baffle Speakers->2X SVS 4000 Subwoofers->All connected to PSAudio P10 Power Plant

240v BP-30 delivered about an hour ago: thanks Larry :)

unfortunately I'm still fighting a nasty AC cold: my hears are "obstructed" and can't appreciate the benefits (on an already pretty quiet system) just yet :(

for sure it didn't do any harm :P

would love hearing from Alex (Superdad) ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

btw: the unit has been running for 3 hours so far, powering no stop both a pre and power amplifier, and it doesn't heat at all: chassis is at room temperature

and even placing my ear right on the chassis, I can't hear any humming

:)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones