IGNORED

Amarra sQ+ with iRC Present and Future

I just received my last "get it now at a discount" email from Sonic Studio and unless sQ+ is fixed (or at least addressed by the powers that be) before the offer runs out on the 15th, I will not be upgrading. How can they expect us to upgrade to a broken product? The very least they could do at this point is end their silence.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd add to the collective. After Ralph's most welcome post yesterday I received a timely email from Sonic Studio with another upgrade offer (seems the original sQ has reached "end of life"). So, I paid for the upgrade and downloaded the program via the link Ralph provided.

As an aside, I used an iRC filter previously created for ASwiRC and I'm happy to say sQ+ is working great with said filter. YMMV as Ralph already mentioned the need to create filters anew. Yes, the filter I'm using was created in iRC Measure 1.0.4 (I remeasured/recreated fairly recently).

Cheers.

Hello Melvin,

Thank you for confirming with your results. I, too, used 1.0.4 to "recreate" my Gain Filters for AsQ+ and A4THIFI originally created with ASwiRC 2.6 back in September 2013. My experience was favorable and without impediments. I made slight adjustments to the positioning of my XTZ microphone. Unlike some members who a position of the mic that faces their speakers, I followed another strategy where the XTZ mic is aimed perpendicular at 90 degrees. Back when the ASwiRC thread was started and members were questioning what the best position for the mic was, Flavio of Dirac SE, responded with the 90 degree position as opposed to the point to the speakers. Ironically, my first filters back then were made pointing to and I didn't like them. I just intuited to change the position to 90 degrees and remade the first filters for ASwiRC using the 90 degree position. Those filters were much better and the filters I used up until the latest redo. Other members indicate the 90 degree position is intended for multi-channel vs two-channel. I am not disputing what "they" choose based on what Dirac Live may or may not advise. I don't use multi-channel filters. And the filters I created worked very well. I believe I am in good company as "most" members making filters for ASwiRC used the 90 degree position.

Your confirmation mirrors my results; and that is valuable feedback.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

PS

If anyone doubts my assertions, you can visit the ASwiRC thread and find Flavio's post recommending the 90 degree position for the mic.

Hi Richard,

I also use the 90 degree approach and did so after Flavio made the recommendation back when. It made a big difference to say the least. In recent months and after tweaking the settings on both of my subwoofers I decided to remeasure and create a new iRC filter. Boy I'm glad I did. My system now has a certain "rightness" (for lack of better descriptor) that I've not experienced before. The addition of iRC to Amarra has been worth every cent and am very happy I can now use this technology with sQ+. I was only waiting for Sonic Studio to squash the bugs and yes, it was worth the wait.

Peace and good listening.

• 4 weeks later...
We appreciate all your feedback, it helps to continue to make our products better. I wanted to just provide an update that we are hard at work on a remote for Amarra sQ+ and expect to have it available in early October. An image of the EQ window on an iPhone is below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20397[/ATTACH]

Updated information can always be found at our News page at:

Amarra News & Reviews

If you need specific technical assistance, please contact us at [email protected]

Here we are on the last day of October and the iOS app has not made an appearance in the App Store. Curiously, on the News page there is a reference to the upcoming remote for TIDAL but nothing else about a remote for sQ+ since Ralph's post.

"...The Amarra for TIDAL Remote is an iOS application for iPhone and iPad allowing complete remote control of Amarra for TIDAL. The iOS Remote provides access to tracks, albums, artists, genres, now playing, and access to remote playlists with its clean and simple user interface. The integrated EQ window allows control of all settings including, boost, frequency, Q, EQ presets, volume control (meters), and output device control. The Amarra for TIDAL iOS remote is slated for release in November 2015."

Just wondering if an sQ+ remote is still going to happen.