IGNORED

Power board required Australia

I can recommend this company from Hong Kong. Very well made.

SINE

Agreed, very well made, I like the Schuko distributor with the spring caps over the outlet. The Royal 2S bulk Power cable looks good, but I wish it come with a silver PTFE combo. Recently, I reduced the length on power cables, and reused the Oyaide P series plugs. When re-fitting the Furutech AG (silver plated copper) cable, the stripped ends of the cables were as shiny as when they were new about 2 years ago now.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Recently, I reduced the length on power cables, and reused the Oyaide P series plugs. When re-fitting the Furutech AG (silver plated copper) cable, the stripped ends of the cables were as shiny as when they were new about 2 years ago now.

Oyaide is a very good company. Metallurgy in cables especially in Japan is next level.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Australian products that you could consider are Thor, Thoroughbred and Cawsey to name a few. You could also look at Belkin and Monster products which are more mainstream. I have a Furman product. Other products you could look at are Isotek.

Australian plugs in my opinion is of a poor design as other posters here have mentioned. Whilst there are a lot of debate on Australian forums regarding the legal and insurance implications thereof, overseas power cords and plugs are used. I for example am using Chinese and US made cords with a variety of plugs. For that purpose I use power boards made in China - of good quality - that are designed to take plugs of many countries: Check out Consonance. They are available in Australia from 2 dealers.

The best site I have found relating to Australian power boards can be found by googling: rkcable

snip
I can recommend this company from Hong Kong. Very well made.

SINE

Thanks for trying guys but please, random names of brands and companies or links to an index with no actual recommendation is not helpful.

I'm not pretending to know anything about how or why these work but I have given a basic overview of what I'm trying to achieve.

Quoting myself unfortunately,

The next answer needs to be what brand and model power board :)

Easy is always nice. Knowing others are having no issues with particular units helps one buy with confidence.

Recapping the goals, tidy the tangle (easy). Reduce noise from smps's etc. back into the chain (no idea how to achieve this). And with advice from One and a half

If you can, try and find a power protector board like the Monster, which has a time delay in case of AC failure. Last thing you want is your gear energising again on a reclose which may not work. The time delay ensures the AC is stable before it switches the rest of the outlets on.

All under 3-400aud all up (preferable two units so I can clean up the smps in the office on the same circuit.

Additionally, atm I use DIY power leads using martin Kaiser iec/type I's with Belden 19364 cable.

Most Power boards only have rudimentary RF/EMI filtering and are unlikely to replace a good mains filter for reducing SMPS rubbish back into the mains. Their main use is for protection by "clamping" high voltage surges and providing multiple outlets, with the better ones also having on/off switches for each outlet. Do the Master and Slave types, which have a slightly lower output voltage to the Slave sockets sound quite as good as those without the auto electronic switching ?

1 1/2 would be likely to be able to make a suitable recommendation here for one with superior RF/EMI filtering, if he hasn't already done so.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

The UPS suggestion sounds like a great idea! ??

For surge protection that doesn't limit normal power flow, I use one of these MOVs:

Yula Bulala http://www.bluecircle.com/page95.html (was ~A$30)

They'll die, so your gear won't. (Others will correct me there, I'm sure!!)

Probably not so relevant now... But...

For EMI/RFI, I use Blue Circle's parallel x6 Sillycone filter

http://www.bluecircle.com/page26.html

This works well for me.

Gilbert was very accommodating - both on price and knew all about Australia's freakish 250+voltage spikes. But shipping did cost a bit.

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Hi

Monster products have been mentioned in this thread. Barry Diament of Soundkeeper Recordings uses the HTS models (or did) and this is a great endorsement.

Does anybody know if these higher model HTS 1650 or 2000 or 5100 etc are available in Australia with aussie plugs etc?

The HTS 800 is available but looks more like a power strip. RKCables sells the HDP1750G and lesser models but not sure how HDP compares with HTS models.

To the OP Monster HDP1100G . Many of these are within your budget but as said above I am unsure of their quality.

David

Sound Minds Mind Sound