IGNORED

New VAD DAC

1-edit close-up.jpgHi All,I am finalizing working on a new VAD DAC which I am very excited about.

Main features of whats coming:

• Super optimized signal path for CD lovers - designed to 'lift the bar' for what can be sonically enjoyed and perceived from good old CDs; thus no Hi-Rez from SPDIF just 44.1/48kHz Red Book taken 'to 11!'
  • 16/24/32bit/ 44.1 to 384kHz sample rate PCM playback from USB input, this based on hybrid current segment architecture with custom programmed DSP
  • Separate - DSD64,128, DSD256, DSD512 and likely above; from shared USB input - pure, native, 1bit sound reconstruction based on shift registers and analogue filters (no DAC chip, no DSP, ASIO Direct; no 'demand' for DoP, KS)
  • DSD input can be also specified as 'raw' DSD in: Left ch, R ch, bit clk
  • new, innovative valve stage topology with extremely high dynamic range, S/N ratio
  • auto-mode selection for incoming formats and 'rates' for both PCM and DSD
  • VAD staple chassis to complement the circuitry
  • future proof design and very good pricing (sale will be direct from us in the UK and likely EU)

PS; the image is of the older DAC, will share the new images as soon as all is ready.

Gregor Szymczyk

Looks interesting ?

How much will it cost?

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20013[/ATTACH]Hi All,I am finalizing working on a new VAD DAC which I am very excited about.

Gregor Szymczyk

Separate PCM and DSD, high-rate DSD, chipless with pure analogue filtering and followed by tubes.

Solid design and engineering, Gregor.

I think some people will like ding some listening comparisons to Lukasz's chipless DSD Lampizator DACs.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Separate PCM and DSD, high-rate DSD, chipless with pure analogue filtering and followed by tubes.

Solid design and engineering, Gregor.

I think some people will like ding some listening comparisons to Lukasz's chipless DSD Lampizator DACs.

Hi,

Thanks for nice comment

My DSD DAC wouldn`t 'qualify' for 'chipless competition' as I actually use 16 integrated shift registers and these are 16 'legged' chips, so no chipless here, although it does not use any sort of DAC chip nor Digital Sound Processing.

My DSD design since 2012 is similar in concept to excellent work of Jussi Laako:

Signalyst

Which BDW is an open source project to DIY for interested people.

My DSD differs in circuit topology, implementations and components to be genuine, yet is still based on shift registers and LPF.

Re; 'comparisons':

I am just a guy who makes things - It would make me happy if some people would use my DAC to listen to the music.

Some may also like to do listening comparisons to many other DSD DACs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...qQTNfVUE#gid=0 (courtesy of T.Brady)

Just for humor :), (however it actually would work on certain sound quality level)- here is a 'chipless' DSD taken to the max: Amanero Combo384+CR LPF DSD256 unnecessary DSD DAC

All the best

Gregor

Gregor, Hi. Email me when it's ready to ship. I am waiting. :) As good as the prototype sounded (when playing correctly) I can't wait to hear this.

Ted Hi,

This one is properly 'sorted' compared to the prototype and better

Sure I will email

:)

B RGDS

G

Ted Hi,

This one is properly 'sorted' compared to the prototype and better

Sure I will email

:)

B RGDS

G

Gregor, I main a list of devices that support i2s/DSD input. Can you share the connector type, corresponding pin assignment, and other pertinent data such has CMOS level or LVDS, signal voltage, and mater clock rate?

http://www.i2s.sonore.us

Jesus R

My DSD DAC wouldn`t 'qualify' for 'chipless competition' as I actually use 16 integrated shift registers and these are 16 'legged' chips, so no chipless here, although it does not use any sort of DAC chip nor Digital Sound Processing.

Totally OK because in these cases we mean DSD DAC chip-less.

My DSD design since 2012 is similar in concept to excellent work of Jussi Laako:

Signalyst

Which BDW is an open source project to DIY for interested people.

Very cool, and we're waiting for his next iteration too.

Just for humor :), (however it actually would work on certain sound quality level)- here is a 'chipless' DSD taken to the max: Amanero Combo384+CR LPF DSD256 unnecessary DSD DAC

Yes, that's a very good one, and there's one from Italy as well as as one by a diyaudio member and another diyaudio member built a more recent one. I've been planning to build mine for more than a year now.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Gregor, I main a list of devices that support i2s/DSD input. Can you share the connector type, corresponding pin assignment, and other pertinent data such has CMOS level or LVDS, signal voltage, and mater clock rate?

www.i2s.sonore.us

Jesus R

Jesus, Hi

We exchanged some info about this some time ago

The DSD in this does not use i2s bus (bit clock, word clock, data and if needed master clk)

Used are DSD L ch data stream, DSD R ch data stream, DSD Bit clock

DSD converter is made to work correctly with standard LVCMOS 3.3V signals (L ch, R ch, bit clk)

As for now the USB adapter is used to fed these three lines to the DAC

Although it could have 'raw' DSD inputs (L,R ch data stream, DSD bit clk) accepting DSD data from other interfaces.

B RGDS

Gregor

You are both from Poland, both make chipless dsd DACs, so how is your work different from what Łukasz at Lampizator is doing ?

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

You are both from Poland, both make chipless dsd DACs, so how is your work different from what Łukasz at Lampizator is doing ?

All human beings are different, Polish people are human beings, therefore all Polish people are different.