IGNORED

Audirvana 2.2 with iOS remote

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21472[/ATTACH]

Maybe something like this.

Borrowed the original from page nine,. hope it's ok :-)

Looks pretty good!

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21472[/ATTACH]

Maybe something like this.

Borrowed the original from page nine,. hope it's ok :-)

less dark and more grey ?

like Damien's picture on his post.

the Qobuz background

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

less dark and more grey ?

like Damien's picture on his post.

the Qobuz background

If and when this would be, I would hope for a version as dark as possible.

All text and symbols white and all backgrounds black.

Whats blue or green remain as is.

Edit: Even better if there was a colour setting dialog for backgrounds and text.

Then everyone would get just what they like.

Maybe the Crossfade plugin for mac (A+) does not exist ?

sa

Hi,

i wanted to explain more clearly my request about the crossfader plugin i'm looking for since i ordered A+ and the remote IOS :

I'm looking for a plugin which can allow me to not to read the silence at the beginning of the song and the silence at the end of the songs.

I don't want to reedit my songs files, but when A+ is reading, i would like to get a mac os plugin which will jump up the silence between the tracks, before and at the end.

Regards,

Sit

DAPs : Astell&Kern AK380 - Cowon X9

IEM/Headphones : Shure SE846 - Denon AHD600 - Sony 1RNC

Amp. : Centrance HiFi-M8 LX XL4

Macbook Pro 2011 > Audirvana Plus 2 + Remote IOS App > Cable AudioQuest USB PEARL 1.5 > Speaker Sony SRS-X99

This feature does not exist for A+.

Hi,

i wanted to explain more clearly my request about the crossfader plugin i'm looking for since i ordered A+ and the remote IOS :

I'm looking for a plugin which can allow me to not to read the silence at the beginning of the song and the silence at the end of the songs.

I don't want to reedit my songs files, but when A+ is reading, i would like to get a mac os plugin which will jump up the silence between the tracks, before and at the end.

Regards,

Sit

This feature does not exist for A+.

If i got it just for mac os, i think maybe it can work with A+ ?

sit

Macbook Pro 2011 > Audirvana Plus 2 + Remote IOS App > Cable AudioQuest USB PEARL 1.5 > Speaker Sony SRS-X99

I'm sorry but this feature is not available for A+. If this is an important feature for you, I would recommend trying JRiver and see how you like it.

I don't like the SQ of Jriver.

I like only A+. Since i listened my music with A+ i like only A+ and it won't be true to say that i'm alone.

regards,

sit

I completely understand why some want Tidal or Qobuz integration with their favorite player, yet I can't help but wonder where it will end. Will Roon/Spotify/Pandora/TuneIn integration be next? What about video? Will A+ become another jack-of-all media but master-of-none? Curious is all. Care to weigh in Damien?

I don't like the SQ of Jriver.

I like only A+. Since i listened my music with A+ i like only A+ and it won't be true to say that i'm alone.

regards,

sit

I agree with you on the SQ, but you've been asking about crossfading so many times it started to sound like it was the most important feature for you.

I completely understand why some want Tidal or Qobuz integration with their favorite player, yet I can't help but wonder where it will end. Will Roon/Spotify/Pandora/TuneIn integration be next? What about video? Will A+ become another jack-of-all media but master-of-none? Curious is all. Care to weigh in Damien?

I completely understand your very valid point even though I requested Tidal support. I haven't even subscribed to it yet. I'm now thinking I'd rather have A+ how it is rather than complicate things and stretch Damien and his resources.

I completely understand your very valid point even though I requested Tidal support. I haven't even subscribed to it yet. I'm now thinking I'd rather have A+ how it is rather than complicate things and stretch Damien and his resources.

I see it a little different. In my view these steps with integration (Tidal, TuneIn, Qobuz, etc) going forward will be absolutely necessary as this is how things are moving towards.

Personally I'm using Roon now 80% of the time, I do feel A+ is better SQ, but not so much that not having Tidal and a superior interface and remote doesn't take precedence.

I see it a little different. In my view these steps with integration (Tidal, TuneIn, Qobuz, etc) going forward will be absolutely necessary as this is how things are moving towards.

Personally I'm using Roon now 80% of the time, I do feel A+ is better SQ, but not so much that not having Tidal and a superior interface and remote doesn't take precedence.

That's hardly a compelling argument. I found Roon less convenient because I prefer the simple elegance of A+ and the prioritisation of SQ. Maybe it's good sometimes to keep distinct from the way 'things are moving' (cf MP3, dynamic compression, etc).

I'm a Qobuz subscriber, so I'm curious to see how integration affects A+. But I hope there's a way of turning off the Qobuz element because I don't necessarily want my serious listening setup connected to the Internet, and the Qobuz element complicating the interface. (I use Qobuz mainly for sampling new releases and took out the subscription partly to give me discounts off high res downloads).

Refining the A+ remote (eg access to PDF album booklets) is far more important to me than streaming integration.

My two cents on this: the core capability of A+ is the playback engine. This is where it started and this will always remain its key USP.

Both the music database function that was added in 2.0 and the streaming integration are necessary tools are essential coming in 2.3 to feed this playback engine. If on top you add the remote control app which will then allow seamless switching from stream to local files and back without getting of the sofa, you combine excellent SQ with perfect convenience.

This is exactly how it should be IMHO, so I'm glad that Damien is going this way.

Now to which streaming service to integrate is a different question. Damien being a French company working with the local player first makes perfect sense (and I'm glad he did as I'm a Qobuz sublime subscriber) but he probably should tap as well into the much larger Tidal audience eventually.

Try finding a Crossfader Audio Unit plugin, and use it into A+. Or even with anything out of the Mac if using Audio Hijack to route the signal.

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

If on top you add the remote control app which will then allow seamless switching from stream to local files and back without getting of the sofa, you combine excellent SQ with perfect convenience.

Maybe, but not a priority for me until Qobuz allows me to stream higher than RedBook resolution (other than for files Ive already bought as downloads). Until then it seems to me something of a compromise of SQ for convenience. That's not to say it's not worthwhile, but I worry if it takes resources away from further SQ improvements (eg matching HQPlayer for on the fly conversion of PCM to DSD, which many are eager for), or refining the remote, which is urgently awaited. Obviously Damien (not me!!) is the best judge of these things, and A+ is a testament to that.

But I hope there's a way of turning off the Qobuz element because I don't necessarily want my serious listening setup connected to the Internet

+1!!!

even more: I really hope there will be a way to not even see there's Qobuz (or whatever service, eventually added in the future) integration

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

+1!!!

even more: I really hope there will be a way to not even see there's Qobuz (or whatever service, eventually added in the future) integration

You'll only see the Qobuz element when you're logged into the service. Otherwise you'll basically notice no change.

+1!!!

+1

You'll only see the Qobuz element when you're logged into the service. Otherwise you'll basically notice no change.

I hope so. If you remember back when JRMC was being developed for the Mac platform you and me were most vocal about keeping it lean, perhaps modular even.

Again, I understand the desire for everyone to achieve their audio bliss but please, be careful what you ask for. I ask Damien for restraint. Audirvana Plus is for audiophiles, not the masses. If Damien chooses to develop the program for the masses, so be it. I have iTunes for that, and it's quite good at all things media IMNSHO.

:)

I hope so.

I'm sure you can trust Musicophile ;)

And why is that if I may?

just because I'm not going to use it (for sure not in my main system. maybe, someday, on my iPhone only. maybe!!!) and I don't want distractions (... or tempations :P ) always present in the UI

:lol:

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

+1

I hope so. If you remember back when JRMC was being developed for the Mac platform you and me were most vocal about keeping it lean, perhaps modular even.

Again, I understand the desire for everyone to achieve their audio bliss but please, be careful what you ask for. I ask Damien for restraint. Audirvana Plus is for audiophiles, not the masses. If Damien chooses to develop the program for the masses, so be it. I have iTunes for that, and it's quite good at all things media IMNSHO.

I personally consider Qobuz, a lossless streaming service, as an essential source for audiophiles, and therefore appreciate the integration.

Streaming is here to stay if we like it or not (whether Qobuz is here to stay given their financial worries is a different topic).

A video integration like Jriver is a completely different story.

That said, while Damien is currently developing something close to the perfect product for my personal needs, I appreciate that others may have different priorities.

You'll probably never keep everybody happy!

Actually testing a beta version.

Qobuz intégration is wonderfull !

SQ is very good during streaming. Cannot ear a différence with the same tracks on my system.

Qobuz, Audirvana, Atoll, Davis.... French Touch 'o)

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

That's hardly a compelling argument. I found Roon less convenient because I prefer the simple elegance of A+ and the prioritisation of SQ. Maybe it's good sometimes to keep distinct from the way 'things are moving' (cf MP3, dynamic compression, etc).

I'm a Qobuz subscriber, so I'm curious to see how integration affects A+. But I hope there's a way of turning off the Qobuz element because I don't necessarily want my serious listening setup connected to the Internet, and the Qobuz element complicating the interface. (I use Qobuz mainly for sampling new releases and took out the subscription partly to give me discounts off high res downloads).

Refining the A+ remote (eg access to PDF album booklets) is far more important to me than streaming integration.

I'm sorry if you don't find it a compelling argument that I prefer to have a lossless streaming service included in my choice of music software player. You may personally not care, but that does not mean my position is less valid.

I do agree the A+ remote needs some refinements as does the desktop version, personally I can't stand that all artists that start with "The" are group together, I know I (and many others) brought this up before but I still find it really annoying that a simple 'ignore articles' preference can't be set up and with A+ I feel I still get the spinning beach ball of death way too often when navigating the program (I just have a dedicated MacMini late 2012 16GB with 4TB FW attached for music only)