IGNORED

Audirvana 2.2 with iOS remote

So it means Damien developed the INT mode for the USB driver and not the Optical, right?

The point is that I have a strong preference for the optical out of the Hugo but on the other side it would be a shame not to take advantage of the INT mode in Audirvana...

Yes, or to be a little more specific, the OS X USB Audio driver had the capacity to be used in integer mode, and Damien developed his player to take advantage of it.

I guess it's just a matter of your own listening preference which you eventually decide you like, integer/direct mode or optical.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I VERY well aware of Mr. Hansen’s attitude towards DSD...

It must be a small bug in A+. Anyway – anyone know the differerance between DoP 1.0 and 1.1?

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

I VERY well aware of Mr. Hansen’s attitude towards DSD...

It must be a small bug in A+. Anyway – anyone know the differerance between DoP 1.0 and 1.1?

My understanding is DoP 1.1 allows packaging DSD128 within the 24/192 transfer rate.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Very interesting!

I can’t test it since I don’t have any DSD128 file and HQP does not support 1.1.

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

Very interesting!

I can’t test it since I don’t have any DSD128 file and HQP does not support 1.1.

I would expect your DAC would need to support DoP 1.1 as well.

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

I would expect your DAC would need to support DoP 1.1 as well.

Actually I just tried. I can confirm my DAC does not understand DoP 1.1: I played a DSD128 file and no luck. I would like, however, for EmmLabs to enable this.

system pics

Seems so. A DSD128 file plays, but i get no sound. Just faint static. Oh, well.

Seems so. A DSD128 file plays, but i get no sound. Just faint static. Oh, well.

Same.

system pics

I don't know what difference is between DoP 1.0 and 1.1 but put mine at 1.1 and nothing as changed...

all DSD64 and DSD128 plays fine :-)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I don't know what difference is between DoP 1.0 and 1.1 but put mine at 1.1 and nothing as changed...

all DSD64 and DSD128 plays fine :-)

Well, the packaging of the DSD128 stream might be different and your DAC might be able to decode the new packaging, or possibly when in DoP 1.1 mode Audirvana detects your DAC could use the default encoding and uses that.

system pics

Hi,

I'm looking for a mac plugin (free or to be paid) which can allow me to get Crossfade with Audirvana.

Need Help, please send me a link !!!

thx in advance

Sa

DAPs : Astell&Kern AK380 - Cowon X9

IEM/Headphones : Shure SE846 - Denon AHD600 - Sony 1RNC

Amp. : Centrance HiFi-M8 LX XL4

Macbook Pro 2011 > Audirvana Plus 2 + Remote IOS App > Cable AudioQuest USB PEARL 1.5 > Speaker Sony SRS-X99

Yes, or to be a little more specific, the OS X USB Audio driver had the capacity to be used in integer mode, and Damien developed his player to take advantage of it.

I guess it's just a matter of your own listening preference which you eventually decide you like, integer/direct mode or optical.

thanks, clear!

NUC10i7 Roon ROCK > EtherREGEN > Lumin U1 Mini > Chord DAVE > Focal Utopia 

You would need a USB-SPDIF converter like the SOtM unit I mentioned. The SOtM is XMOS based, thus, integer-mode compatible and coverts USB to optical (or other), including 24/192. Of course this may not be preferable to you (or anyone for that matter) but is a solution nonetheless if you want both optical and integer mode.

Thanks, in fact I'm not a fan of adaptors and converters, for many reasons I always prefer a lean solution so I don't think I will go down that road.

I might keep two cables, optical and USB. I will use the first for Spotify/Tidal, the second to play hig res files with Audirvana.

In this second case I am still testing if I prefer Amarra through optical without INT mode ore through USB in INT mode.

NUC10i7 Roon ROCK > EtherREGEN > Lumin U1 Mini > Chord DAVE > Focal Utopia 

Hi,

I'm looking for a mac plugin (free or to be paid) which can allow me to get Crossfade with Audirvana.

Need Help, please send me a link !!!

thx in advance

Sa

Maybe the Crossfade plugin for mac (A+) does not exist ?

sa

DAPs : Astell&Kern AK380 - Cowon X9

IEM/Headphones : Shure SE846 - Denon AHD600 - Sony 1RNC

Amp. : Centrance HiFi-M8 LX XL4

Macbook Pro 2011 > Audirvana Plus 2 + Remote IOS App > Cable AudioQuest USB PEARL 1.5 > Speaker Sony SRS-X99

Hi,

I am new to A+ (v2.2) and I am trying to decide between multichannel DSF and DFF (DSDIFF) for my hi-res A+ library. I have heard that DFF does not support ID3 tagging. However, I have been able to make changes to the information of DFF file in both A+ and Yate, and those changes stuck with the files when viewed by the alternative application. How is it then that DFF files do not support metadata? The reason I ask is because I would prefer to have the much smaller DFF files instead. The other option would be to convert the DSF files to flac (24/88.2), but that would require some decisions about the gain and filtering between DSD and PCM.

Thanks for the help.

Aris.

Hi, first post from me. Apologies if this has been covered.

Can anyone help me with this problem with Remote. I get the same result with iPad Mini 1 and with iPad Air2.

I see only a narrow column of album art in Albums view. The rest of the screen is filled with the tracks'information of any album selected, and is covered and obscured by this narrow column (see attachment).

IMG_0217.jpg

In the attachment, Lang Lang's Mozart album is selected.

Hi,

I am new to A+ (v2.2) and I am trying to decide between multichannel DSF and DFF (DSDIFF) for my hi-res A+ library. I have heard that DFF does not support ID3 tagging. However, I have been able to make changes to the information of DFF file in both A+ and Yate, and those changes stuck with the files when viewed by the alternative application. How is it then that DFF files do not support metadata? The reason I ask is because I would prefer to have the much smaller DFF files instead. The other option would be to convert the DSF files to flac (24/88.2), but that would require some decisions about the gain and filtering between DSD and PCM.

Thanks for the help.

Aris.

DFF tagging in A+ is a convention, not a standard. It may work in some other apps that adhere to the same convention, but not with any certainty, and may not work going forward. For example I was able to pass some information from A+ tagged DFF files during an XLD conversion process, but the Date field did not pass through and had to be redone on the new files.

DSF use standard ID3 tags which is part of the file standard so should be universally recognized going forward no matter what.

Since my DAC doesn't accept DSD natively (only PCM), I converted all my DFF SACD rips to 24/176.4 PCM FLAC, as I find it slightly better than the real-time DSD->PCM conversion that A+ does on-the-fly. Files are slightly larger, but there is less processor load on playback which I find beneficial. I used +6dB gain and highest quality options to go from DSD->PCM.

Some may pooh-pooh on this approach, but while I was at it I moved the originals to DSF to avoid any future ID3 tag buggery should I upgrade my DAC to one that accepts native DSD in the future. I know that the DSD->PCM process is not totally lossless...

Hope this helps!

DE.

2011 Mac Mini (16GB RAM) --> Audirvana Plus --> M2Tech HiFace2 --> Emotiva XDA-1 DAC --> B&K Reference 31 --> B&K 2140 (2-channel) + B&K 3140 (3-channel) --> Energy RC-30 Reference Connoisseur (Mains) + Energy RC-10 (Surrounds)

Hi, first post from me. Apologies if this has been covered.

Can anyone help me with this problem with Remote. I get the same result with iPad Mini 1 and with iPad Air2.

I see only a narrow column of album art in Albums view. The rest of the screen is filled with the tracks'information of any album selected, and is covered and obscured by this narrow column (see attachment).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21356[/ATTACH]

In the attachment, Lang Lang's Mozart album is selected.

I have solved this problem.

In Audirvana Plus - Preferences - General - Remote control

"Use keyboard media keys" was checked.

I have unchecked this and Audirvana Remote is working as is should in Albums view.

Hope this may help anyone seeing the same problem.

Can you run me through this again? This is the view I get all the time with the remote, even with 'use media keys' option unchecked. I thought it was standard behaviour.

I may have spoken too soon !

If I open the Remote App in landscape view, and keep it in landscape view, all seems to be well.

If I turn the iPad into portrait view the narrow album art column returns.

If I then turn it back to landscape it persists with the narrow column.

If I stop the App from running (double click home button - swipe up ) then open it again in landscape view

then all is well.

So....... get it going in landscape ...... and keep it in landscape !

I may be missing something, but it looks like a bug.

works fine here

I'm getting, only *in portrait view*, what's in your picture if I "swipe in" albums pane

try, while in portrait view, to "swipe out" album's pane before turning your iPad to landscape (there's a small lag, on my iPad Air, before the view auto adjusts if I don't)

also: in landscape mode I get the opposite of what's in your pic: a large "album pane" and a small "tracks list" column (whilst, in portrait, it's the other way around)

looks your iPad is showing, in landscape mode, what it should in portrait =:-0

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

right, same happens here: bug found!

never noticed it because I always open the app in landscape

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

works fine here

I'm getting, only *in portrait view*, what's in your picture if I "swipe in" albums pane

try, while in portrait view, to "swipe out" album's pane before turning your iPad to landscape (there's a small lag, on my iPad Air, before the view auto adjusts if I don't)

also: in landscape mode I get the opposite of what's in your pic: a large "album pane" and a small "tracks list" column (whilst, in portrait, it's the other way around)

looks your iPad is showing, in landscape mode, what it should in portrait =:-0

At the moment I am going from portrait (tracks obscured) to landscape (large album pane) whether or not I swipe out the album pane in portrait. (There is a bigger lag if I don't swipe out the album pane in portrait.)

It does not seem to be consistent over time and might be giving me a different response tomorrow.