IGNORED

Help deciding the correct Monitors

Hello I'm new in this forum. The reason im making this thread is because i cant decide between 2 pair of speakers. Maybe you can help me with this.

What i want is a pair of active speakers for general use(music, movies, games) for my PC i was thinking about the Mackie CR4s or Cerwin Vega XD4. I don't know which one would fit better my needs.

What im looking is primary sound quality(detail, clarity and not over-exagered bass) I've heard that the Mackies have better sound quality but they surfer of low power. but i don't know if it is true or just people wanting 120dBs on their ears...

So, which one you think would be better for me? or maybe another option i haven't considered yet. (bugged of 150 bucks)

I know it is all too easy to tell someone spend more than their desired budget. In this case, that is what I am going to do. If it is at all possible, get some JBL LSR305's. It is a rare instance where spending twice as much will sound actually twice as good.

You will see the LSR 305's for $150 a piece ($300/pr) with free shipping a number of places. Look on ebay or just search in Google and quite often someone somewhere will have a sale on them for about $130 each. Also if you have a Guitar center in your area you can go hear them in person.

These have a very smooth response, nice sound, and genuinely work down to the mid-40hz range (I have measured them with mics and it is true). They might not work as well as something with a sub for game explosions below 80 hz. For pretty much anything else they will do fine. These are far better than they have any right to be for this money.

Though not huge they are a bit larger than what you are listed in your post. If you have the room, and can swing the extra money you will not regret it.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

• 2 months later...
I know it is all too easy to tell someone spend more than their desired budget. In this case, that is what I am going to do. If it is at all possible, get some JBL LSR305's. It is a rare instance where spending twice as much will sound actually twice as good.

You will see the LSR 305's for $150 a piece ($300/pr) with free shipping a number of places. Look on ebay or just search in Google and quite often someone somewhere will have a sale on them for about $130 each. Also if you have a Guitar center in your area you can go hear them in person.

These have a very smooth response, nice sound, and genuinely work down to the mid-40hz range (I have measured them with mics and it is true). They might not work as well as something with a sub for game explosions below 80 hz. For pretty much anything else they will do fine. These are far better than they have any right to be for this money.

Though not huge they are a bit larger than what you are listed in your post. If you have the room, and can swing the extra money you will not regret it.

He speaketh the truth.