IGNORED

Finally! Amused to Death...

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Damn! Just bought the SACD a couple of days ago because I didn't see the download available and didn't know when it would be.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Damn! Just bought the SACD a couple of days ago because I didn't see the download available and didn't know when it would be.

Can you not PS3-it?

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

Can you not PS3-it?

Yep - but would've been cheaper, easier and I would've had it quicker had I simply waited a couple of days.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Yep - but would've been cheaper, easier and I would've had it quicker had I simply waited a couple of days.

Trudat... I already have it - but haven't had the chance to listen yet - damn this job.

system pics

Also, though I have no personal experience with this, some say that DSD downloads sound slightly better than the same DSD remaster ripped from SACD...

This was an annoyance for me, but fortunately I waited. I kept looking for the download over the last couple weeks and never saw it, but assumed it would eventually be there.

There is a PCM version also available. Does anyone know how the DSD and PCM versions were created? Was one generated from the other?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I'm listening to it via TIDAL right now. I was unaware this new release was a different mix. In the track Perfect Sense, Pt. I the voices at the beginning are clearly different (not just sound different quality-wise).

Cool. I have both the CD version of yore - which is actually excellently mastered with Q-sound and whatnot - and just bought this one. Will listen over the weekend.

system pics

I had the same reaction, except in my case I bought the iTunes download 4 or 5 years ago.

iTunes? CA police! Here! ;)

Well, actually this is all new mixing/mastering... Fun!

system pics

There is a PCM version also available. Does anyone know how the DSD and PCM versions were created? Was one generated from the other?

+1

system pics

You missed our whole 'Roger Waters is worse than Klaus Barbie' thread.

Point me please... If anything to introduce a Klaus Nomi disruption to it...

system pics

Point me please... If anything to introduce a Klaus Nomi disruption to it...

Klaus_Nomi.jpg

Nomi was considerably more entertaining than anything that went on in the "Barbie" thread.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19919[/ATTACH]

Nomi was considerably more entertaining than anything that went on in the "Barbie" thread.

Nomi was a first in the genre. Amazing. And yes, a bit whack.

system pics

The DSD download label is Analogue Productions and the FLAC download label is Columbia. I wonder if Analogue Productions created the DSD version and Columbia created the PCM version?

If I had to venture a guess it would be that the analog tapes were ADC'd into 192/24, mixed and mastered here, and the DSD file is sourced from the 192/24 master. I'm guessing DSD all the way is just too much effort. Would love to know the actual story though.

system pics

If I had to venture a guess it would be that the analog tapes were ADC'd into 192/24, mixed and mastered here, and the DSD file is sourced from the 192/24 master. I'm guessing DSD all the way is just too much effort. Would love to know the actual story though.

It would be fascinating if the mix was done in analog and masterings were done separately for PCM and DSD... That would just be soooo fecking amazing...

Methinks I'm just going to have to buy the vinyl as well, even though I don't have a tt setup yet.

system pics

Some dogs are best left sleeping...

Read a few snippets... Steering away from that thread at warp speed...

system pics