IGNORED

Humbly a simple question: Do I hear distorted or honest music?

I don't have any high-resolution samples to listen with my newly purchased vmoda m-100 headphone yet. (still traveling) I noticed a very interesting thing:

I can distinctively 'hear' a guitar sound switching from left to right, back and forth twice in my favorite song, which I never notice it before (same Youtube streaming).

Then I discuss it with my hubby, he asks me if I know there are supposed to have two different guitar players or not? If not, then I'm listening to something created by v-Moda.... hmmm... He scared me. But I like to ask you all if you have experienced such things in your listenings. Could he be right? This question is quite isolated to how much distortion a headphone can give where there is no DAC, amplifier, or software to adjust... only steaming from Youtube. Thanks a lot!! <3

d(- -)b

Cadela swims/moves/hears like an Olive Ridley turtle. She can't complain much, but can still audit audiophile equipments in her turtle speed.

https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/olive-ridley-turtle

I don't have any high-resolution samples to listen with my newly purchased vmoda m-100 headphone yet. (still traveling) I noticed a very interesting thing:

I can distinctively 'hear' a guitar sound switching from left to right, back and forth twice in my favorite song, which I never notice it before (same Youtube streaming).

Then I discuss it with my hubby, he asks me if I know there are supposed to have two different guitar players or not? If not, then I'm listening to something created by v-Moda.... hmmm... He scared me. But I like to ask you all if you have experienced such things in your listenings. Could he be right? This question is quite isolated to how much distortion a headphone can give where there is no DAC, amplifier, or software to adjust... only steaming from Youtube. Thanks a lot!! <3

d(- -)b

While no headphone, even my Hd800, is distortion free, I wouldn't do any judgment based on YouTube listening. The quality of YouTube is rather bad even if the source material is good, and you have no idea what has happened to the source material before somebody uploaded it in the first place.

Get a decent track that you know well, at least in redbook quality, and judge again. Anything else would just have to many variables to be meaningful in any way.

While no headphone, even my Hd800, is distortion free, I wouldn't do any judgment based on YouTube listening. The quality of YouTube is rather bad even if the source material is good, and you have no idea what has happened to the source material before somebody uploaded it in the first place. Get a decent track that you know well, at least in redbook quality, and judge again. Anything else would just have to many variables to be meaningful in any way.

Yes, good suggestion. I am waiting for a high-definition piece of the same song to reach to me by the end of this August. snail speed traveling CD from Asia). This song is a very old Chinese song. I heard that the singer has released an HD quality CD. Felt like that my question is probably never going to have answer(s) because if I pick up the guitar sound changing from left to right back and forth only through v-moda on a same crapy (or altered?) youtube song. Then the possibilities could be:

1) there weren't two players <<< very likely

2) there were two players <<< very unlikely

3) there was only 1 player but he switches his position while recording in a 4-5 seconds of prelude. <<< very unlikely, :(

4) my head is hallucinating, and it only happens when I use vModa. <<< kind of likely. :D

And, whoever has done things to that piece of Youtube song really got me!

Cadela swims/moves/hears like an Olive Ridley turtle. She can't complain much, but can still audit audiophile equipments in her turtle speed.

https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/olive-ridley-turtle