IGNORED

Aurender N10 Review

The thing I could not get a straight answer on totally was moving to update a DAC to MQA compatible will it require a new DAC or just an update like most have done for DSD? The Meridian people seemed to indicate that not necessarily with a firmware update but...... I know one of the requirements for MQA is a light or some indication on the DAC that in fact it is being "Authenticated". I think most DAC's would have a hard time with that but maybe not. I hope its just some type of upgrade to my Bricasti as its just new. I had thought of waiting but jumped the gun so to speak. The other thing also is that even if you don't have the decode even without it the audio quality is supposed to be better then without

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

• 7 months later...

Hi guys,

A new N10 owner here. I should be here next week. It will replace a Mac Mini server I have been using for some time now. The rest of my equipment is my old trusty pair of B&W 801 Materix Series 3 connected to a pair of Bricasti M28 monoblocks driven directly from a Bricasti M1 SE. The two sources are a Wadia 20 CD transport and the Mac Mini server running JRiver 21 or Audirvana 2. All my cables are WireWorld.

So as a new member of the Aurender family I am sure I will have some questions as I start playing with it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi guys,

A new N10 owner here. I should be here next week. It will replace a Mac Mini server I have been using for some time now. The rest of my equipment is my old trusty pair of B&W 801 Materix Series 3 connected to a pair of Bricasti M28 monoblocks driven directly from a Bricasti M1 SE. The two sources are a Wadia 20 CD transport and the Mac Mini server running JRiver 21 or Audirvana 2. All my cables are WireWorld.

So as a new member of the Aurender family I am sure I will have some questions as I start playing with it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nice! I think the M1SE and the N10 are a perfect match for each other and together I could not be happier. Because of lack of room I can't even thing about the M28's wish they made them in a more conventional form. But nice choice I think its even better with the M1 and M28 working together is my guess.

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

The pairing is fantastic. I used to have a McIntosh C2300 and a pair MC601 before the M28. I had the chance to perform and A/B between the MC601 and the M28 both driven by my M1 and the M28 blew away the MC601.

My system has never sound this good ever before. I can only imagine when I add the N10.

I just read that the N10 is now available with 8TB of storage for $8,500 (US).

Not shown on Aurender web site yet.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

I just read that the N10 is now available with 8TB of storage for $8,500 (US).

Data point: my 2500 albums, all PCM, mainly ALAC with about 10% as AIFF, take up just a little bit more than one-quarter of my Aurender N10's internal 4TB.

That is to say, while 8TB will be needed by some people, the current 4TB is probably enough for most of us.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

I can confirm that the N100H is now available in both 2TB and 4TB versions. The N10 can be ordered with either 4TB or 8TB storage.

The new server/streamer/DAC A10 which is MQA certified (one of the very first on the market) is also coming in Aug/Sep which is a very exciting and promising product!

/ Marcus

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | [email protected] | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Marcus,

Slightly off topic.

I was looking at the N10 to go with my Playback Designs MPS-5/USB-X but seeing Andreas has released his Syrah server, I was wondering seeing you are a dealer for both units if you have tried each units into a MPS-5. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Rg Mark

Marcus,

Slightly off topic.

I was looking at the N10 to go with my Playback Designs MPS-5/USB-X but seeing Andreas has released his Syrah server, I was wondering seeing you are a dealer for both units if you have tried each units into a MPS-5. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Rg Mark

Mark,

I don't have access to the MPS-5 unfortunately, and haven't yet compared the Aurender N10 to the Playback Designs Syrah. There are differences in specs. and functionality in between these units that might influence the choice before you consider and compare the sonic differences though. The N10 offers more storage space than the Syrah. It also have a full setup of digital inputs, where the Syrah is USB only. The Syrah on the other hand comes with an external DVD-R unit which rips CD/SACD directly to the server, which is a very valuable feature for many users. The N10 is Linux based, where the Syrah runs on Windows 10. The user experience of the Aurender app vs. the JRiver that comes with the Syrah is also different. Some might prefer one over the other. Finally, the N10 is approx. 20% more expensive, at least in the EU.

I hope that helps.

/ Marcus

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | [email protected] | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Not shown on Aurender web site yet.

The updated price list was just sent to dealers a few days ago.

N100H 2TB is $2700, 4TB version is $3000.

X100L 6TB is $3500, 12TB version is $4000.

N10 4TB is $8000, 8TB version is $8500.

W20 12TB is $17,600.

A10 4TB is $5500, available in September.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

I take back my data point posted above. For only $500 more (suggested retail) to double memory, I'd buy the 8TB version of the N10 if I were starting all over again.

But for now, I just love that machine as my main (basically only) source...rich sound quality from all of the outputs, although I prefer BNC and USB; great interface with the iPad app; solid and stable, with rarely a glitch...it just plays beautiful music.

The updated price list was just sent to dealers a few days ago.

N100H 2TB is $2700, 4TB version is $3000.

X100L 6TB is $3500, 12TB version is $4000.

N10 4TB is $8000, 8TB version is $8500.

W20 12TB is $17,600.

A10 4TB is $5500, available in September.

Music is love, made audible.

My CAPS PC has crushed for the 3rd time!!!! I am ready to move onto something else......I am considering a used N10 or a new N100H. My only concerns are:- I use Acourate DSP and was wondering if anyone is using DSP and how they have implemented it while using an Aurender product. Also does the warranty and service support pass to a new owner when purchasing used? Thanks.

Data point: my 2500 albums, all PCM, mainly ALAC with about 10% as AIFF, take up just a little bit more than one-quarter of my Aurender N10's internal 4TB.

That is to say, while 8TB will be needed by some people, the current 4TB is probably enough for most of us.

Yup, my 2TB N100H is half full with about 40,000 tracks. I don't think that I'll be adding a NAS for quite some time.

Music Server(s): Aurender N100H, Digital to Analog Converter(s): Audio Research DAC 8, Digital to Digital Converter: Bryston BUC-1, Preamplifier: Ayre K-5xeMP, Amplifier(s): Ayre V-5xe, Loudspeakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Interconnects: Kimber PBJ, Cardas Clear, Bryston AES/EBU, Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber PR8, Miscellaneous: Oppo BDP 95 disk player, CJ Walker turntable Jelco SA-750D tone arm, Ortofon 2M black cartridge, Magnum Dynalab tuner, Dream System: I've got it!, Headphones: Sennheiser HD600, Grado PS500e, Headphone Amplifier(s):Graham Slee Novo

• 5 weeks later...

No, Aurender equipment is not yet Roon ready - that I know of.

Music Server(s): Aurender N100H, Digital to Analog Converter(s): Audio Research DAC 8, Digital to Digital Converter: Bryston BUC-1, Preamplifier: Ayre K-5xeMP, Amplifier(s): Ayre V-5xe, Loudspeakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Interconnects: Kimber PBJ, Cardas Clear, Bryston AES/EBU, Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber PR8, Miscellaneous: Oppo BDP 95 disk player, CJ Walker turntable Jelco SA-750D tone arm, Ortofon 2M black cartridge, Magnum Dynalab tuner, Dream System: I've got it!, Headphones: Sennheiser HD600, Grado PS500e, Headphone Amplifier(s):Graham Slee Novo