IGNORED

Just set-up my first dedicated 2 channel system. Now questions.

The Seaagate will work with Mac or PC. The advanatage of the Mini is the separation of the ethernet from the USB. I don't know if that's true for the Macbook, and the Air only has one port for everrything, IIRC. Pluse with the portables you're paying for things you don't need, like sccreens and stuff.

gotcha, Mac Mini is on my shortlist for sure. Quick question on the Seagate. I noticed when my PC goes to sleep the Seagate will disconnect after so long of non use. I tried to correct for this after searching around and tried entering a CMD prompt to disable disconnect but it did not work, even tried to enter the maximum amount of time in minutes before a disconnect, something like 65,535 but nothing. It's something to do with Windows/Microsoft with shared drive paths. Your Mac doesn't do this I'm sure, another reason for me to head toward the Mini. I may bring my Mac desktop up the listening room and experiment.

Marantz PM8004

Oppo BDP-105D

Music Hall MMF 5.1

iFi iPhono

Pioneer SP-BS22LR

Gateway PC W10 JRiver Media Center

gotcha, Mac Mini is on my shortlist for sure. Quick question on the Seagate. I noticed when my PC goes to sleep the Seagate will disconnect after so long of non use. I tried to correct for this after searching around and tried entering a CMD prompt to disable disconnect but it did not work, even tried to enter the maximum amount of time in minutes before a disconnect, something like 65,535 but nothing. It's something to do with Windows/Microsoft with shared drive paths. Your Mac doesn't do this I'm sure, another reason for me to head toward the Mini. I may bring my Mac desktop up the listening room and experiment.

You might be able to keep the Seagate from going to sleep via the Seagate setup utility. I think the easiest way to do that is to find the IP address of the Seagate (look in your Ethernet properties or get a network scanning app) and eneter the address in your web browser. Otherwise, adjust your computer's power options to keep it from going to sleep for however long a period you might be listening to music, and then shut it down for the night, or whatever.

You might also want to look into Fidelizer, which will prevent unneccessary operations like sleeping or hard-drive spin-down. For optimal music listeneing, you should reduce such background operations anyway.

You might also want to look into Fidelizer, which will prevent unneccessary operations like sleeping or hard-drive spin-down. For optimal music listeneing, you should reduce such background operations anyway.

i just downloaded the free Fidelizer, I'm using audiophile mode and noticed after optimization of windows I needed to select Jriver as my music application and relaunch it, almost like a reinstall. What version do you have if you are using it?

Marantz PM8004

Oppo BDP-105D

Music Hall MMF 5.1

iFi iPhono

Pioneer SP-BS22LR

Gateway PC W10 JRiver Media Center

i just downloaded the free Fidelizer, I'm using audiophile mode and noticed after optimization of windows I needed to select Jriver as my music application and relaunch it, almost like a reinstall. What version do you have if you are using it?

I'm not sure why it does that. Sometimes JRiver will automatically update itself and reinstall. If it keeps doing that, just click "cancel" when it asks you to choose the audio application. It won't hurt anything. It just means it won't prioritize JRiver.

BTW, In the PersonalCloud public folder there's a .url link that opens the drive in your browser so you can adjust the settings.