IGNORED

The Doors Perception 24/96 PCM Vs Infinite DSD box sets

Has anyone compared these 2 versions?

I have. I feel although some warmth and fuzziness was added with the Infinite, details and dynamics were lost.

Anyone else listen to both?

There is also the new Best of the Doors Multichannel SACD on Audio Fidelity. Some nice warm and Multichannel sounds there.

https://audiofidelity.net/product/doorsthe-best-doors

The Doors The Best of The Doors Numbered Limited Edition SACD-Elusive Disc

There is also the new Best of the Doors Multichannel SACD on Audio Fidelity. Some nice warm and Multichannel sounds there.

https://audiofidelity.net/product/doorsthe-best-doors

The Doors The Best of The Doors Numbered Limited Edition SACD-Elusive Disc

Do you know if this is direct from the master tapes to DSD?

They aren't super clear on these details.

If you have the 24/96 PCM perception set, HQ player, and a DSD capable DAC,I have a experiment to try.

Upsample on the fly to double DSD then compare to DSD infinite version played natively.

The perception sounds an awful lot like the Infinite using that method!

If you like The Doors, the new Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD is definitely worth getting. In Surround Sound SACD, it's even better. :)

I probably will. Unfortunately I currently don't have a multichannel audio setup. I'm working on it though, hopefully by Xmas it will be up and running :)

The system I'm working on is 4 way and fully active. It will take 20 synced channels for my 5 channel setup :)

I probably will. Unfortunately I currently don't have a multichannel audio setup. I'm working on it though, hopefully by Xmas it will be up and running :)

The system I'm working on is 4 way and fully active. It will take 20 synced channels for my 5 channel setup :)

Nice. I'm only using 5.1 channels here - not 20. But it sounds very nice. :)

Nice. I'm only using 5.1 channels here - not 20. But it sounds very nice. :)

Yep 20 drivers, 20 DAC channels, 20 amp channels and 20 cabinets just for 5 channel audio! Fully active using 64 bit floating point DSP. Will definitely be a first to my knowledge :)

Hello -

I recently purchased the Analog Productions of The Doors Infinite SACD box set as I had not purchased their music in any other format. I am very happy with these SACDs and feel it is worth getting. One potential negative for some folks may be the choice to use the Super Jewel case instead of mini LPs. This got me to thinking about the packaging of these types of releases - especially those that have an emphasis on the vinyl version. This came in a box the size of LPs but with a plastic tray to hold the discs.

Why not simply use the LP packaging with an addition of an insert to hold the CD/SACD inside the LP sleeve? This way we get the benefit of all the large artwork and inserts produced for the vinyl release while still getting the SACD or something similar - a Blu-Ray disc with 24/96 or DSD files on it. Obviously we could simply download these but I still like and appreciate nice packaging - it is part of the overall experience.

The sound of these SACDs is quite nice and works well in my tube based system. I have not warmed up to The Soft Parade album as it is quite different than the other albums. The Doors and L.A. Women are the ones I am most familiar with. Riders on the Storm differently has parts in the mix I have never heard before and enhance rather than detract. Overall worth the purchase that I believe I was destined to get as a few strange coincidences came from my order.

1. Decided on a Tuesday to order the SACD box set

2. Arrived July 3rd

3. Reading about the band as I listened to the music I learned Jim Morrison died in 1971 after the release of L.A. Women. (Knew about death but not year)

4. Forgot the box set was numbered and looked on the spine to see it is number 1971.

5. Looked up day of death and it is July 3rd.

So on July 3rd I received Door Infinite box set number 1971.

My System: McIntosh C47, McIntosh MC152, McIntosh MCT450, Prima Luna Dialogue Premium Tube Integrated, Dynaudio Special 25's, Transparent Super Interconnects and Speaker Cables

Hello -

I recently purchased the Analog Productions of The Doors Infinite SACD box set as I had not purchased their music in any other format. I am very happy with these SACDs and feel it is worth getting. One potential negative for some folks may be the choice to use the Super Jewel case instead of mini LPs. This got me to thinking about the packaging of these types of releases - especially those that have an emphasis on the vinyl version. This came in a box the size of LPs but with a plastic tray to hold the discs.

Why not simply use the LP packaging with an addition of an insert to hold the CD/SACD inside the LP sleeve? This way we get the benefit of all the large artwork and inserts produced for the vinyl release while still getting the SACD or something similar - a Blu-Ray disc with 24/96 or DSD files on it. Obviously we could simply download these but I still like and appreciate nice packaging - it is part of the overall experience.

The sound of these SACDs is quite nice and works well in my tube based system. I have not warmed up to The Soft Parade album as it is quite different than the other albums. The Doors and L.A. Women are the ones I am most familiar with. Riders on the Storm differently has parts in the mix I have never heard before and enhance rather than detract. Overall worth the purchase that I believe I was destined to get as a few strange coincidences came from my order.

1. Decided on a Tuesday to order the SACD box set

2. Arrived July 3rd

3. Reading about the band as I listened to the music I learned Jim Morrison died in 1971 after the release of L.A. Women. (Knew about death but not year)

4. Forgot the box set was numbered and looked on the spine to see it is number 1971.

5. Looked up day of death and it is July 3rd.

So on July 3rd I received Door Infinite box set number 1971.

Glad you like it! It's good but I think I prefer the Perception box set.