IGNORED

Fuse replacement in an Aurender

I should clarify that the pic you refer to is not my Aurender, mine doesn't have the fuse details depicted on the chassis as with that image.

That specific image was provided to me by Aurender when I was enquiring about fuse orientation. (The fuses I purchased are directional so I needed to understand the direction of current flow.)

I should clarify that the pic you refer to is not my Aurender, mine doesn't have the fuse details depicted on the chassis as with that image.

That specific image was provided to me by Aurender when I was enquiring about fuse orientation. (The fuses I purchased are directional so I needed to understand the direction of current flow.)

Can you share the fuse size and type?.

thanks,

Russ

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

I'd highly encourage taking the fuses out of yours to confirm what type you require (as they may not be the same as my model).

With that recommendation aside, I checked my Cableco orders from the time frame of my earlier posts and I believe two of the following were ordered for this application: Supreme Small (20mm/.75) Slow Blow (T) Type from HIFi-Tuning

- Small Fuse [5x20mm] 2A.

Again, I'd recommend comparing these details to the fuses in your model before replacement of your originals.

I'd highly encourage taking the fuses out of yours to confirm what type you require (as they may not be the same as my model).

With that recommendation aside, I checked my Cableco orders from the time frame of my earlier posts and I believe two of the following were ordered for this application: Supreme Small (20mm/.75) Slow Blow (T) Type from HIFi-Tuning

- Small Fuse [5x20mm] 2A.

Again, I'd recommend comparing these details to the fuses in your model before replacement of your originals.

Thanks much!!

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Just opened mine up ( N100S) and only 1 fuse in the lower compartment. Works fine and sounds great. I have a email into Aurender support.

Just opened mine up ( N100S) and only 1 fuse in the lower compartment. Works fine and sounds great. I have a email into Aurender support.

There is a jumper in the upper compartment on the N100S ( would think it is the same way for all the N series) You can replace the jumper with a fuse but it is not necessary. Per Roy Kim Aurender support.

Installed Synergistic Red in the Player. Will reserve comment for a few days.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a N10 and there are two fuses just like in the picture from what I can see this unit needs both but not completely sure. Yes they are both the small version of fuse, 2A and slow blow. I got the same picture from Aurender I assume the arrows show the current direction is that right? I just ordered the new Synergistic Research black fuses should have them for the weekend and will give them a try. I would be interested in russellbobby comments on the red fuses.

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

I tried replacing fuses on other equipment and I don't know if the changes in sound were worth the expense. Perhaps when I have more time after the semester as there is always that itch to better the sound. :)

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

• 1 year later...

Old conversation, new question: I tried to replace the fuses on my Aurender A10. I can slide the fuse holder out only partially, and then it is stuck. Is t not possible to pull it out completely? Or  do I have to replace the fuses like that? It is not easy to get them out in this way, only with a little screwdriver. 

Yes just pop the exposed side out and gently pull out. 

Just slide the tray out till it stops. Take a small screwdriver and gently pry the exposed fuse end and the fuse will release from the one side. Pull the fuse out.  Slide in the new fuse and snap back into place. Once you do it you will see how easy it is.

I went from a SR Red to SR Black in an N100s and noticed a small bump in SQ

I went from a SR Black to SR Blue in my A10 and again a noticeable but slight bump.  It take two fuses so it can be a little costly.

I would probably take the 250.00-300.00 or so spent  on 2 boutique fuses and spend it on a upgraded power cord or isolation . Seems like a bigger bang for the buck. Stillpoints  Ultra Minis was a huge upgrade and for some reason power cords have a larger affect on the A10 than I have experienced with my other equipment.

Good luck with your A10. I just upgraded to Audience Au 24 SX cable line and it is amazing how good the A10 can sound. 

• 2 years later...