IGNORED

Too Funny - Portlandia Custom Installer Video

Ah, that brings back memories of when custom install was beginning its more widespread boom. I remember some of those early days installers and other stores dipping their toes in, often quite incompetently. It was reminiscent of when high-dollar after market car audio went through the same explosion years before---some installers really were comedic caricatures (of both skilled and terminally unskilled variety) with some of the incompetent ones not much exaggerated by that clip. And some of course were amazing craftsman of very diverse talents, often learning as the demands grew. Great clip! (and fun show/great city)

Pretty funny. I'll have to remember the phrase so that when I hear a tinny system, I can pronounce it as having the Chinese kitchen cacophony coloration. Maybe it will be common enough we can just call it the CKCC sound. Loved the way to pro mic at the end resulted in so much more volume, bass and treble in the voice too. :)

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.