IGNORED

Lampizator Big 7 Gen. 5 With DSD - Selling to move to Golden Gate

I am selling my Big 7 Gen 5 with 128 DSD to move up to a Golden Gate. I am the first owner. These DACs are $11,500 with DSD and Jupiter caps. I am selling at $8000 or best offer. I will include the stock rectifier (Chinese 274b), an RCA JAN 5u4G NOS, an RCA JAN 5R4GY (tests and looks NOS), a pair of globe 45 output tubes (Cunninghams from the 1920s), and a pair of GE 6A3s. If you want to take the sound up a notch, I can sell some Western Electric tubes with the deal (I have a pair of 275As, a pair of VT-52s, and a 422A rectifier that I could part with for additional cost). Let me know if you are interested.

This is the North American version (works with 117v)

No pets, only two kids in my home. We are non smokers... Paypal fees and shipping is on the buyer. Pictures added below.

Located in NYC. Will deliver within 2 hours of NYC.

I have decided that I would like to get this done before the weekend if I can. I will toss in a pair of VT-52 Western Electric tubes if we come to agreement in the next two days. These are used, but in pretty good condition for tubes from the 40s. They have engraved bases. They test well. On the bay, these are $500+ a pair.

Shawn

Have you considered posting this on Audiogon? I have not had much luck selling items posted here on CA. Just the opposite experience on Audiogon.

Killer DAC and your Concert Fidelity preamp is an amazing piece of gear as well. GLWS.

A very big +1 to what ericuco wrote. For some reason, this forum is an absolutely dreadful place to sell, but hey, it is free to list, so.... Hardly anyone buys here. Audiogon, USA Audiomart (or even the Canadian counterpart, Canuckaudiomart), Head-Fi, standing on a street corner with a trenchcoat (pssst.... hey bud, you want to buy some audio gear?), basically anyplace is better than this forum.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

standing on a street corner with a trenchcoat (pssst.... hey bud, you want to buy some audio gear?), basically anyplace is better than this forum.

Haha, that made me LOL.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Does your Lampi have the internal volume control?

No, I didn't want to have another variable gain stage. I prefer to have the Concert Fidelity preamp do all the gain to limit the variability. Well, not with phono stuff.

I have had a very bad transaction on Audiogon where I was burned by a buyer and avoid it as they take your money, but will be of no help to you if a deal goes south. I have listed it a few places and will see what happens. I am ordering the GG one way or the other. I am sure I will get an acceptable amount, or I will work it out another way.

Shawn

Have had two requests on package offers on the Preamp and the Lampizator Dac. Here goes:

Big 7 DAC and Concert Fidelity without any tubes in the DAC: $11,500

DAC and Concert Fidelity without any tubes in the DAC without any tubes in the DAC and a Thorens TD-160Bmkii restored (with new plinth) by Vinyl Nirvana, SME m2-9 tonearm and an Ortofon 2M black: $12,750.

DAC and Concert Fidelity with tubes for the DAC and the two Sablon Robusto Cables: $12,000.

DAC and Concert Fidelity with Tubes, a Thorens TD-160Bmkii restored (with new plinth) by Vinyl Nirvana, SME m2-9 tonearm and an Ortofon 2M black and the two Sablon Robusto Cables: $13,250.