IGNORED

Windows 10

Nikhil

I've been thinking of trying out Win 10 for my next Audio PC. A google search brings up the Preview version which I am assuming is not what others are using on here. Could someone share what one needs to do to get a full version of Win 10? At least a version that is functional for Audio.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

The Win 10 Technical Preview (10041) and later have the very good sound quality. you will need to wait until the end of the month for the first consumer release of Win 10.

However the full release may have features which will make optimizing the OS more difficult. An example is that in releases later than (10041) it is much more complicated to turn off Window's Defender

AudioPhil has a beta of AO for Win 10, which I have been told sounds great :-)

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

The Win 10 Technical Preview (10041) and later have the very good sound quality. you will need to wait until the end of the month for the first consumer release of Win 10.

Thanks EuroDriver. So you are using the Technical Preview version.

Will download and install it on my test machine and see what happens.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Thought this was interesting--not in either of the windows 10 threads but might have been noted elsewhere on CA---the quote is from post #63 in the thread linked below, from late yesterday.

With the release of Windows 10 planned for the end of this month, I downloaded the latest 'slow ring' version (build 10162).

Changes:

- WMP can now rip CDs to FLAC or ALAC!

- DATE tag is now recognized, listed as 'Release Date' (in File Browser/Explorer, not in WMP)

- YEAR tag is now recognized, listed as 'Year' (both File Browser/Explorer and WMP)

- Bitrate is now correctly displayed

- Tags can now be changed (in File Browser/Explorer, not in WMP)

- FLAC files are now opened in the Music app instead of WMP, like all other music file formats

- Embedded album art works in WMP, not in Music App

That means that:

- Multi-disc albums are still not supported

- Artists are not recognized if an albumartist is present

I'll soon take a look at the ripping feature, this might be very interesting, especially the vendor string.

Native FLAC support in Windows 10? - Hydrogenaudio Forums

[TABLE=class: ipbtable, width: 1233]

[TR]

[TD=class: post_head][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]