IGNORED

DAC disappeared from windows playback devices??

Not sure what happened here, all I did was uninstall and reinstall the playback software I use, should really not have anything to do with the playback devices listed in windows.

I have the thesyscon XMOS drivers installed for my meitner dac, windows also has the drivers from the motherboard onboard HD audio installed. Sound, video and game controllers in device manager lists both these devices and shows them functioning fine, yet when I go to playback devices all I have listed is "Remote Audio". I even have it set to show hidden and disconnected devices but nothing else is there, so now any music playback software only shows "remote audio" as the only device. I have even tried uninstalled and reinstalling the thesycon drivers with no luck.

Do you have an image of the disc from before the problem? Or is there a recovery file in Windows System Restore from a date before the uninstall and reinstall of the playback software?

I had a similar situation with my Desktop computer. The only way I solved it was to do a complete clean re-install of the system- that started with reformatting the disc.

Not sure what happened here, all I did was uninstall and reinstall the playback software I use, should really not have anything to do with the playback devices listed in windows.

I have the thesyscon XMOS drivers installed for my meitner dac, windows also has the drivers from the motherboard onboard HD audio installed. Sound, video and game controllers in device manager lists both these devices and shows them functioning fine, yet when I go to playback devices all I have listed is "Remote Audio". I even have it set to show hidden and disconnected devices but nothing else is there, so now any music playback software only shows "remote audio" as the only device. I have even tried uninstalled and reinstalling the thesycon drivers with no luck.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Have you tried re-installing the THESYCON driver? This driver finds the path to the DAC (what port is used, any hubs etc) when you install the driver, it caches the path and uses that from then on. If anything changes it won't find the DAC. The only way to get it to find the DAC again is to re-install the driver.

John S.