IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

It's not really about specs - it's more about coverage of the area and making sure the transfer speed is there once setup. Most routers will work today and there are many that people use successfully. Of course the latest technology is great but as long as it has 'ac" capability and the placement of it isn't too far and not too many walls between it and the ARIES you should be fine.

Thanks for the clarification. My router is one provided by my telco and it is a L7 Corporation Router, 802.11n. The channel I'm on says 20/40 MHz. What is ac technology?

It is placed in an adjoining room with 2 walls between it and where I will put the Aries. It is no more than 50 feet away.

I am in an apartment and there are other units around albeit few.

Thanks for the clarification. My router is one provided by my telco and it is a L7 Corporation Router, 802.11n. The channel I'm on says 20/40 MHz. What is ac technology?

It is placed in an adjoining room with 2 walls between it and where I will put the Aries. It is no more than 50 feet away.

I am in an apartment and there are other units around albeit few.

I would recommend to keep the router, but dive into the channel thing if you keep getting hick-ups. Frequency spectrum is 20/40 MHz, that's not a channel. ;)

Given the fact that your SB Touch is working your router is in Mixed Mode, so it will do both 802.11b, g and n (all different wireless protocols, ac is the latest, but you won't need it for streaming wireless music).

But, to go back on topic (Aries Mini :)): SB Touch is pushed to its limits with HiRes material. The Aries Mini will process these songs far more easily and with a faster WiFi you're good to go!

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

UpTone Audio REGEN is powered by Meanwell SMPS with SBooster Ultra for REGEN

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V

Just got confirmation: Aries Mini's will arrive at German distributor next week (44) and are then send to dealers (arrival week 44/45) and customers (week 45).

It's almost showtime! :D

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V

Btw, Jason, can you share the full Mini user guide with us?

Audio

~ and ~

Powerline

Can the Aries mini upsample PCM in internal/external HDD to DSD?

From

What is the difference between ARIES, ARIES LE and ARIES MINI? – AURALIC LIMITED

Both ARIES and ARIES LE, sharing exactly same software structure with same DSP engine, will accommodate future software upgrades such as DSD upsampling and Room Correction functions available in the future. The ARIES MINI, due to hardware limitation, will not be upgradable with those audiophile features

And now Chris C.

Add Michael Lavorgna to the list.

Landed: The AURALiC Aries mini | AudioStream

From my somewhat narrow perspective, if the Auralic app (or some other third party app) does not let you sort by the "album artist" tag, which is key for large collections that include soundtracks and compilation albums, I'm keeping my SB Touch. It is connected by an Ethernet cable to a Wireless Access Point, and I output to a Wyred Remedy Reclocker and then on to my DAC. I guess that I will be able to ask about this when more people get their hands on the Mini.

Joe

I cant' wait to grab one of these. I am wishing to use a LPS but I was wondering if I could use something like this.

Talema Transformer External Linear Power Supply PSU for DAC with Digital Display | eBay

I would need to have it on the 15v setting and use a 2.1 to 2.5 adapter on the end but for $80 it seems like it would work?

Am I correct about this or off in lala land.

Yes, minimum voltage requirement is a regulated 14Vdc for the ARIES MINI.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

that only puts out about 1 amp at that voltage though. Is that enough?

I bought a similar chinese power supply off ebay just a couple of weeks ago and it was DOA. So, good luck!

Yikes. I'm not trying to be a cheapie, but $300 for a LPS just seemed a bit high. That said, I would pay for it if that option is the best one. I wonder if anyone else has had one of these DOA or explode on them? Thanks for the cautionary tale.

Yikes. I'm not trying to be a cheapie, but $300 for a LPS just seemed a bit high. That said, I would pay for it if that option is the best one. I wonder if anyone else has had one of these DOA or explode on them? Thanks for the cautionary tale.

I would recommend having a look at keces dc-116

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDIQFjAFahUKEwiF3s3TpdfIAhXE2D4KHcLwClk&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.positive-feedback.com%2FIssue65%2Fkeces.htm&usg=AFQjCNF5SwYm8-l8n9WuDVDOABchMA8Eqw&sig2=KqdmDAp6BLdOl2pjzIgvGw

:

KECES DC Regulated Power Supply DC-116

Regulator Type: Linear Regulator with Output Current Limit Protection

Output Voltage: DC5V or 9V / 12V or 15V / 19V or 20V

(Special Specification can be Customized)

Output Current: Dual Output 3A or Single Output 6A

(5.5 / 2.1mm DC Power Jack)

Rated Voltage: 115V / 230V / 60 Hz (Switchable)

Power Consumption: 100 Watts (Full Load Output)

Dimensions: 220 x 220 x 80mm (W x D x H)

Weight: 3.5 KG

I paid 350$ delivered to USA.

It's not cheap, but it works very well and having 2 outputs it is not too expensive.

I bought one from Taiwan, asking to have one output 12v for my dac and the second 5v for my raspberry.

You could have one output set for 15v instead of 12v.

you could also look into the ham radio power supplies. the astron 11a puts out 13.8 volts and i believe is internally adjustable. have seen it recommended by some for audio use.

Thanks for all the info and options on LPS. I appreciate it. I do not want to pivot this thread into a discussion on different LPS, but would like to generally know if I would see a performance difference between the Auralic LPS and one of these aftermarket options which seem to be plentiful. I am sure Auralic would like me to purchase their LPS and maybe that is the best move, I just want to make a prudent decision. That aside, I will be purchasing the mini and look forward to having an easy way to stream my music economically.

From

What is the difference between ARIES, ARIES LE and ARIES MINI? – AURALIC LIMITED

Both ARIES and ARIES LE, sharing exactly same software structure with same DSP engine, will accommodate future software upgrades such as DSD upsampling and Room Correction functions available in the future. The ARIES MINI, due to hardware limitation, will not be upgradable with those audiophile features

Thanks for link and quote.

Looking to replace my work laptop and Foobar with something "economical" (and better SQ) to upsample PCM to DSD.

Yes, minimum voltage requirement is a regulated 14Vdc for the ARIES MINI.

Is the LPS voltage switchable by the user? I'm in a country that runs on 240V. If I purchased a used Auralic LPS from a country running on 110V, can I switch it to 240V by myself or is much complex work needed?

Thanks

Is the LPS voltage switchable by the user? I'm in a country that runs on 240V. If I purchased a used Auralic LPS from a country running on 110V, can I switch it to 240V by myself or is much complex work needed?

Thanks

Jumper inside but you're on your own on how to do it...

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos