IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

@Cornan - I believe that this is in reference to using the ARIES ( including LE edition ), not the Aries Mini. I know several people who have powered their standard ARIES with the JS-2 and were quite pleased with the sound quality. Some preferred it to the linear power supply provided with the high end Aries.

Regardless, let us know how you fair with your battery power supply.

Thanks baddog! Good point! I actually thought Aries (incl LE edition) had the exact same voltage specs...but after checking on Auralic support page there is probably a difference since it can actually be used with 12v. I wonder if it is due to the internally HDD? Anyway I better be careful and will report back when I have tested my battery pack with Aries Mini. :)

🎛️  Audio System  

I've been thinking about buying a Mini as an inexpensive way to experience both MQA and Tidal. Like many I was frustrated by the sudden withdrawal of MQA at CES, but hope to see this issue resolved. Does anyone have news about Auralic and MQA that can be shared? It seems to me that this news blackout has extended a long time, especially given that other manufacturers are now providing MQA support. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I guess I am just tired of being an involuntary beta tester of products being released too early, but this is beside the point.

Yes, we're all tired, but refreshingly, this is an opt in program, not an opt out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this has been asked but instead of reading 45 pages I'll ask again in hopes I can get an answer. I just bought a used AAM and am wondering what you would recommend for an internal HDD? Thanks!

Mac Mini w/4TB external HD(minimserver)>NaimUniti 2b w/Naim Power-line>Scansonic MB 2.5>w/Naim NACA5 Speaker Cable

Auralic Aries Mini>Dynaudio XEO 3

I'm sure this has been asked but instead of reading 45 pages I'll ask again in hopes I can get an answer. I just bought a used AAM and am wondering what you would recommend for an internal HDD? Thanks!

I put a 500 gig Samsung 850 EVO SSD in mine and it operates flawlessly - fast and quiet as expected.

Mark

Main: Roon->Auralic Polaris ->Chord Silver Carnival ->Martin Logan EM-ESL

Office: Roon->iMac 2017->Auralic Aries Mini->Chord Mojo->PS Audio Sprout->Harbeth P3ESR or Stax SR-L500

Thanks for the replies. I'm really just wanting to use this as a way to keep one of my backups of my files. Can I use an external HD to connect to one of the USB inputs to play files?

Mac Mini w/4TB external HD(minimserver)>NaimUniti 2b w/Naim Power-line>Scansonic MB 2.5>w/Naim NACA5 Speaker Cable

Turns out minimserver had crashed I guess. Restarted that and it works. Haven't setup Lighting DS yet but will at some point. So far I'm liking the mini.

I'm setting up Lighting Server to use finally and it's taking forever to scan my files. Going on 24hrs but getting close to being done. I do have over 140,000 files stored on an external HD connected to my Mac mini and I don't think Auralic recommends this because of slow scan times. Think I'll make a copy to another external HD and connect to the AAM.

I'm setting up Lighting Server to use finally and it's taking forever to scan my files. Going on 24hrs but getting close to being done. I do have over 140,000 files stored on an external HD connected to my Mac mini and I don't think Auralic recommends this because of slow scan times. Think I'll make a copy to another external HD and connect to the AAM.

I believe that when lightning DS server is used it stores an index file on the source music drive and that you want the fastest means to read/write when scanning large library. If the external drive is USB 2.0 connected that will be pretty slow (~10mbps). USB 3.0 or Ethernet to internal SATA connected drive will be much faster (60-100 mbps).

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

I believe that when lightning DS server is used it stores an index file on the source music drive and that you want the fastest means to read/write when scanning large library. If the external drive is USB 2.0 connected that will be pretty slow (~10mbps). USB 3.0 or Ethernet to internal SATA connected drive will be much faster (60-100 mbps).

Are you talking about external HD connected to Mac mini, AAM, or either?

Are you talking about external HD connected to Mac mini, AAM, or either?

External HD connected to Mac mini... believe it needs to be scanned through the device advertising the drive for a music library. If you have the Mac wirelessly attached to router and it has a gigabit Ethernet port, you may also want to temporarily use a wired Ethernet connection with the Mac mini to help speed thing up. Slowest point between Aries and HD in pulling data from the drive will be your choke point for scan speed.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Hopefully someone can help me out. I have scanned my files with Lighting Server and can see them in the Lighting DS app but I can't play them on my AAM. It says library is offline. I can play the files on my Uniti 2 while using Lighting a Server as my upnp. What am I doing wrong?

Choose Lighting DS and not UPnP

Hopefully someone can help me out. I have scanned my files with Lighting Server and can see them in the Lighting DS app but I can't play them on my AAM. It says library is offline. I can play the files on my Uniti 2 while using Lighting a Server as my upnp. What am I doing wrong?