IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

The problem I have is during playback a song will play 49-50seconds and then goes to the next song. It is like you are only previewing thesong. On the playback screen it shows the entire song times….it just neverfinishes a song. I am trying to recover these files without the labor ofreripping the entire collection.

I would advise to connect this harddisk to a pc as external or internal harddisk. See if the pc can play the songs as they should. If you get the same problem with a pc you know the files are corrupt.

For setting a fixed IP you need your internet browser to log on to your router. In the router settings you assign a fixed IP to the iPad and Aries. See your router manual how to do this.

I tried the playback with a pc and had the same problem....guess I will try and get another backup from the NAS and hope the files on the NAS are not corrupt as well...if so...I will be spending some quality time reripping. I just find it weird all the files are corrupt with the same issue.

Thanks for all that replied.

I tried the playback with a pc and had the same problem....guess I will try and get another backup from the NAS and hope the files on the NAS are not corrupt as well...if so...I will be spending some quality time reripping. I just find it weird all the files are corrupt with the same issue.

I think a harddisk in a NAS is still a harddisk. I would remove it from the NAS and hook it up to a pc as external harddisk. I'm not an expert on this (I would just try). So you could ask for help on a NAS forum. Good luck retreiving your files!

• 2 weeks later...

After some searching I have found a LiFePO4 battery pack charger that I suspect could work with the Aurelic Aries Mini:

5 cell 2.0A lithium iron phosphate (LFP) battery charger for 5-cell 16V li-iron battery packs, charges at 18V, compact design and removable AC cord, LiFePO4

g60-c8.jpg

However, I feel a bit uncertain about the nominal output vs charge output. Nominal battery volate are 16v/2A which is spot-on what I wanted. Looking at the charge voltage output it shows 18,25v which I pressume is too much for Aries Mini. If anyone with greater knowledge than me with battery power knows if this would work for the Aries Mini I would appreciate advice. It costs USD 37,95/pc, uses LiFePO4 battery pack and are isolated from the mains. Could be a good option to these two eyes....but I would rather know...than pressume! ;-)

🎛️  Audio System  

After some searching I have found a LiFePO4 battery pack charger that I suspect could work with the Aurelic Aries Mini:

5 cell 2.0A lithium iron phosphate (LFP) battery charger for 5-cell 16V li-iron battery packs, charges at 18V, compact design and removable AC cord, LiFePO4

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26053[/ATTACH]

However, I feel a bit uncertain about the nominal output vs charge output. Nominal battery volate are 16v/2A which is spot-on what I wanted. Looking at the charge voltage output it shows 18,25v which I pressume is too much for Aries Mini. If anyone with greater knowledge than me with battery power knows if this would work for the Aries Mini I would appreciate advice. It costs USD 37,95/pc, uses LiFePO4 battery pack and are isolated from the mains. Could be a good option to these two eyes....but I would rather know...than pressume! ;-)

I just realised that this is only the charger for LiFePO4 batteries and not both charger and battery pack in one box. I will need to get a battery pack for this as well to make it work! :-D No need for further advices! ;-)

🎛️  Audio System  

@mecani - Hello and welcome. Hola y beinvenido.

One user has verified the Aries with the M2Tech Young DAC.

Additional information for Auralic Support:

[h=1]Does My DAC Work With ARIES MINI USB Output?[/h]The operating system of ARIES MINI is based on Linux kernel with UAC 2.0 driver included. If your DAC does not require a driver to work under Mac OS X system and it is an USB Audio Class 2 version (support sampling rate above 96Khz), it will most likely be compatible with ARIES MINI.

The Mytek DSD192 and those using 1st generation of M2Tech USB module are also supported by 3rd party driver integration for firmware V1.11 and above. NOTE: 3rd party driver integration are AS IS, AURALiC will not be able to provide any additional support for the functionality.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

With Qobuz Premium subscribtion (mp3) I can select tracks but they won't play. However if I select a 'purchased' song (Flac) it does play. Thinking it could be something with the account. I logged out on all devices and logged in with Bubble DS Next. Still only the 'purchased' songs do play.

News:

On Facebook Auralic informs us Qobuz has fixed the streaming issued from server side for track seek and bitrate display problem:

dYMkz68.png

This does indeed solve my problem. Finaly I can stream tracks using Bubbleupnp with my Qobuz Premium (mp3) account and Aries Mini in Lightning mode. (before this only worked in upnp mode). Great!

Does the Mini really not have Roon support??

Is this a design/price point decision or is this support planned for sometime in the future? I have an Aries with the LPS and love it, but I'd like to add some more "zones" and would like them to have Roon support for the future.... I'd really like to NOT spend 1200 bucks on each of these since they aren't my main system.

Can anyone shed some light here? If the hardware is capable, maybe this feature can be added or made to be an "pay to unlock" feature in the future?

Does the Mini really not have Roon support??

Is this a design/price point decision or is this support planned for sometime in the future? I have an Aries with the LPS and love it, but I'd like to add some more "zones" and would like them to have Roon support for the future.... I'd really like to NOT spend 1200 bucks on each of these since they aren't my main system.

Can anyone shed some light here? If the hardware is capable, maybe this feature can be added or made to be an "pay to unlock" feature in the future?

As for now Aries Mini does'nt have a planned Roon support. However, that does'nt mean that it is impossible to acheive. AFAIK you can buy a Sonictransporter http://microjukebox.com/products/sonictransporter for $375 to add Roon support. Check it out! :-)

🎛️  Audio System  

Auralic made the decision not to offer RoonReady for the Aries Mini. It is one of several differentiators across the various products in the line up. So I would not expect that support any time soon.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

• 2 weeks later...
Auralic made the decision not to offer RoonReady for the Aries Mini. It is one of several differentiators across the various products in the line up. So I would not expect that support any time soon.

I do not understand how you scan the library with the mini. I think I am just confused but since most of my music is streaming then I still need to choose what album ot track or playlist to play. Help me with a solution to the device not being roon ready?

Mac Book Pro, HiFace, Cary Exiter Dac, Focal speakers, JL Audio sub,plus cable and cords from Audio Art and Shunyata, Hydra powered by Cambridge Audio

I do not understand how you scan the library with the mini. I think I am just confused but since most of my music is streaming then I still need to choose what album ot track or playlist to play. Help me with a solution to the device not being roon ready?

Where is your music library stored?

Are you using the Auralic Lightning application on an iPad? Or some other music player such as Roon?

Do you already have an Aries Mini?

Do anyone by any chance know how Aries Mini reacts if the power falls down to 12v? I am interested in a 14,8v battery supply but the specs says 16,8-12v (ie 16,8 v while charging, 14,8 nominal voltage and 12v cut-off voltage). The battery supply have 3A charge discharge current and 12000mAh capasity. It will probably last quite a while before dropping below 14v...but just in case I wanted to know if someone knows if 12v will harm the Aries Mini (with no HDD installed)?

🎛️  Audio System  

Do anyone by any chance know how Aries Mini reacts if the power falls down to 12v? I am interested in a 14,8v battery supply but the specs says 16,8-12v (ie 16,8 v while charging, 14,8 nominal voltage and 12v cut-off voltage). The battery supply have 3A charge discharge current and 12000mAh capasity. It will probably last quite a while before dropping below 14v...but just in case I wanted to know if someone knows if 12v will harm the Aries Mini (with no HDD installed)?

I think I actually found what I was looking for: Auralic Aries Mini - Page 2

Quote from aswilliam:

"The Aries powered the Hydra through its USB but I also used a linear PSU to power both (HD Plex). Interestingly ( and I did confirm on via Auralic) the Aries Mini can be powered by a 12V supply. The HD Plex PSU is a hefty bit of kit mind you and is really well built. It has good reviews on Computer Audiophile and several outputs including an adjustable one. It weighs a ton though."

Looking promising! :)

🎛️  Audio System  

I was advised not to use a 12V power supply with the Aries Mini. Jason has details on this, but I need to dig up his comments.

I was advised not to use a 12V power supply with the Aries Mini. Jason has details on this, but I need to dig up his comments.

This just info from one person on another forum. I do not take this info for granted. Just promising info. I have a pendant answer from Auralic regarding if 12v drop will harm anything if powering Aries Mini with a 14,8v battery supply that cuts off the voltage at 12v. Normally it would'nt surprice me if 12v would be possible since 14-18v is the recommended voltage. If Aurelic does'nt answer I guess I just might take a look inside the Mini to see what is written on the regulator.

🎛️  Audio System  

In any case it is a difference supplying constant 12v power from a SPMS or LPS and in my case where I justwant to know if it will not make any harm with 12v. I would'nt even expect to drain my battery pack to 12v since I normally charge it after each use. However, if something goes wrong (forgot to charge or battery cell failure) I'll want to know what to expect. Ofcourse I just hope nothing will happend...and it will just be powerless! :)

🎛️  Audio System  

This just info from one person on another forum. I do not take this info for granted. Just promising info. I have a pendant answer from Auralic regarding if 12v drop will harm anything if powering Aries Mini with a 14,8v battery supply that cuts off the voltage at 12v. Normally it would'nt surprice me if 12v would be possible since 14-18v is the recommended voltage. If Aurelic does'nt answer I guess I just might take a look inside the Mini to see what is written on the regulator.

Ok then. Good luck!

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Well that is probably why Auralic has this posted on their website in their FAQs.

[h=1]What is the Specificaion of ARIES MINI Power Input[/h]It is 16V in 1A as standard.

The lowest acceptable input voltage is 14V(1.2A) and the maximum is 18V(1A).

Well that is probably why Auralic has this posted on their website in their FAQs.

[h=1]What is the Specificaion of ARIES MINI Power Input[/h]It is 16V in 1A as standard.

The lowest acceptable input voltage is 14V(1.2A) and the maximum is 18V(1A).

I have seen it before...but hoped that it could handle 12v anyway since there is a difference between recommended voltage and possible voltage. Anyway, I have ordered the 14,8v battery supply. I just need to be careful and make sure not to forget to charge it before it drops down to 14v (from 16,8v fully charged). :)

🎛️  Audio System  

I have a pair of Dynaudio XEO 3 and I'm thinking about adding a mini to it. Is there another device that will work better for my setup? I have about 2TB of files on a macmini and I run minimserver, I use this for my NaimUniti 2 and it works well, and I stream Tidal HiFi.

Mac Mini w/4TB external HD(minimserver)>NaimUniti 2b w/Naim Power-line>Scansonic MB 2.5>w/Naim NACA5 Speaker Cable

Auralic Aries Mini>Dynaudio XEO 3

I have seen it before...but hoped that it could handle 12v anyway since there is a difference between recommended voltage and possible voltage. Anyway, I have ordered the 14,8v battery supply. I just need to be careful and make sure not to forget to charge it before it drops down to 14v (from 16,8v fully charged). :)

Well, I have contacted Aurelic support several times and got the same consistant answer. Auralic Aries Mini requires minimum 14v. Despite this I have got confirmed that the Aries can actually be powered by 12v here http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f27-uptone-audio-sponsored/uptone-audio-regen-22803/index144.html and apparently several people is already powering their Aries with Uptone JS-2 (12v) and even simultaniously powering a Mac Mini with the same LPS. I am sure that my 16,8v-12v/3A Li-ion battery will power the Aries Mini just fine without the need of monitor the voltage. I am happy! :)

🎛️  Audio System  

@Cornan - I believe that this is in reference to using the ARIES ( including LE edition ), not the Aries Mini. I know several people who have powered their standard ARIES with the JS-2 and were quite pleased with the sound quality. Some preferred it to the linear power supply provided with the high end Aries.

Regardless, let us know how you fair with your battery power supply.