IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

I am thinking og buying a LPS for the Aries Mini. This comes to mind http://www.ebay.com/itm/100VA-15V-5-3A-Ultra-Low-Noise-LPS-HI-END-Linear-Power-Supply-for-Audio/141931279079?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D36499%26meid%3D0f6109be3d8947dc8f7277317da148f6%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D121931525894.

d688bbaaa9e7fd0f097904734ed33bf7.jpg

I have somewhat limited knowledge in siutable PSU for the Aries Mini and would appreciate if someone could comment if this will be a good choise or not? It looks very well made to these eyes. Also, is 15v/5.3A a good voltage/current choise?

/Micael

🎛️  Audio System  

so i am planning on getting one of these with an internal SSD in it. i have one question for you guys that have it... is it possible to download music from my mac directly to the aries mini? i just don't want to have the music stored in my mac. i saw on auralic support page they simply state to drag music to the folder on the shared network that shows up in the mac but i want to know if for example i buy a cd from HDtracks, can i get it to download directly to the aries mini with SSD?

Pure Power Solution to Audio System

This guys Signature Edition (SE) LPS's use top end components for a very good price, he makes whatever you want. I have 2 of them, not using one on my Aries Mini yet, but will get one for that at some point.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

I am thinking og buying a LPS for the Aries Mini. This comes to mind http://www.ebay.com/itm/100VA-15V-5-3A-Ultra-Low-Noise-LPS-HI-END-Linear-Power-Supply-for-Audio/141931279079?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D36499%26meid%3D0f6109be3d8947dc8f7277317da148f6%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D121931525894.

d688bbaaa9e7fd0f097904734ed33bf7.jpg

I have somewhat limited knowledge in siutable PSU for the Aries Mini and would appreciate if someone could comment if this will be a good choise or not? It looks very well made to these eyes. Also, is 15v/5.3A a good voltage/current choise?

/Micael

This is based on sigma 11 psu by AMB.

so i am planning on getting one of these with an internal SSD in it. i have one question for you guys that have it... is it possible to download music from my mac directly to the aries mini? i just don't want to have the music stored in my mac. i saw on auralic support page they simply state to drag music to the folder on the shared network that shows up in the mac but i want to know if for example i buy a cd from HDtracks, can i get it to download directly to the aries mini with SSD?

Yes, this is possible. You just direct the HDtracks download manager to place the files on the Aries Mini.

P.S. I'm guessing you already know you should keep a copy on a different drive for backup.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I am thinking og buying a LPS for the Aries Mini. This comes to mind 100VA 15V 5 3A Ultra Low Noise LPS Hi End Linear Power Supply for Audio | eBay

/Micael

I have one of this seller's less expensive power supplies. It arrived DOA, but he did help me diagnose a faulty power switch. I had to brush up on my soldering skills to disassemble the unit, bypass the switch and then reassemble. It's powering a network switch. My mini is powered with an Astron SL-11A

If you ask him I'm sure he'll make you what you want. He uses very high quality parts in his SE editions.

;-)

Thanks r_w! I will have a closer look. Initially I would prefer a greater head room, ie higher ampere rating than 1,5A.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Anyone using Aries Mini with Bubbleupnp and Qobuz Premium recognise this problem?

I can play non purchased Qobuz tracks with Aries set up as upnp renderer (also with Lightning DS on iPhone).

Unfortunately I can't play non purchased Qobuz tracks with Aries set up in Lightning mode.

Bubblesoft, Qobuz and Auralic all say I should be able to play non purchased Qobuz tracks with Aries in Lightning mode. But still with Bubbleupnp non purchased Qobuz tracks won't start.

ps. I want to use Aries in Lightning mode because I like to use Airplay now and than. Airplay doen't work with Aries set up as upnp renderer.

Greetings

Hi jaaptina! Sorry to hear that you still have'nt solved your issues completely. Just checking: under Local Media Server in BubbleDS Next. Is the box "Enable to browser and play local and cloud media to your render" ticked? I have this option checked. Qobus is not available in my country so unfortunately I cannot try it out to see If it works for me.

One more thing. Under Local Media Server in BubbleDS Next make sure to check under Qobus and Amazon Cloud drive that both are enabled (ticked). You might also want to tick "Use proxy" to force cloud streams.

🎛️  Audio System  

I have newbie question. I recently switched to an internal hard drive for my music. Setup and scan went ok. Now when I play an album....it plays about 30 seconds and then goes to the next song. I know it is user error...and probably something simple. But what am I doing/did to make this happen?

Thanks for any input.

I have newbie question. I recently switched to an internal hard drive for my music. Setup and scan went ok. Now when I play an album....it plays about 30 seconds and then goes to the next song. I know it is user error...and probably something simple. But what am I doing/did to make this happen?

Thanks for any input.

I would personally setup the Aries Mini again. Everytime I remove power from my Mini I will have to set it up again for it to work smoothly.

🎛️  Audio System  

Thanks for the suggestion.....but that's pretty much what I do with anything computer related. I did a complete reboot. The only thing I didn't do was delete the music off the hard drive and reload it...That will be my next thing. It takes a while to do...just looking for an simpler answer.

I think I eliminated a playback issue..as Tidal plays fine. But maybe not.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

I sent Auralic a support request...but they can be a little slow responding.

Hi jaaptina! Sorry to hear that you still have'nt solved your issues completely. Just checking: under Local Media Server in BubbleDS Next. Is the box "Enable to browser and play local and cloud media to your render" ticked? I have this option checked. Qobus is not available in my country so unfortunately I cannot try it out to see If it works for me.

One more thing. Under Local Media Server in BubbleDS Next make sure to check under Qobus and Amazon Cloud drive that both are enabled (ticked). You might also want to tick "Use proxy" to force cloud streams.

Hello Cornan,

Tried all your tips. But it won't work. It did help with sorting out other things out but not this.

Greetings,

Jaap

Hello Cornan,

Tried all your tips. But it won't work. It did help with sorting out other things out but not this.

Greetings,

Jaap

Hi jaaptina!

Well, I am out of suggestions. If you have a Qobuz premium account it should work. Have you tried to log off the Qobuz account in Lightning DS and log in again?

Anyway, somehow it feels like you have added the Qobuz through the Music Library instead of Streaming account...but I do not know if that is even possible?

🎛️  Audio System  

I know that DAR recommended to add music after the HDD is installed and not add a HDD with music.

Yep...I that's what I did. I may try and format it and reinstall the files.

I am also going to delete the ap on my phone and reinstall it as well. After that I am running out of ideas.

Auralic support got back to me and they said to

*assign fixed IP for it and your iPad in your router

*find a clean wifi channel

I am not sure how to assign a fixed IP. My mini is connected via Ethernet...so I would assume its a clean wifi channel.

@scp2 - what router are you using, if it is an Apple Extreme I can assist on setting a fixed IP address. But if your Mini is connected via ethernet this really should NOT be an issue.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Well I figured out it is not a player issue...but a file issue.

….but I know you guys know a lot aboutmusic files. I ripped my collection to a netgear ready NAS a couple of yearsago. The NAS was starting to die and the firmware was corrupted. I had acompany that was able back up the NAS to an external hard drive. The files all appear onthe hard drive. The problem I have is during playback a song will play 49-50seconds and then goes to the next song. It is like you are only previewing thesong. On the playback screen it shows the entire song times….it just neverfinishes a song. I am trying to recover these files without the labor ofreripping the entire collection.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Yep...I that's what I did. I may try and format it and reinstall the files.

I am also going to delete the ap on my phone and reinstall it as well. After that I am running out of ideas.

Auralic support got back to me and they said to

*assign fixed IP for it and your iPad in your router

*find a clean wifi channel

I am not sure how to assign a fixed IP. My mini is connected via Ethernet...so I would assume its a clean wifi channel.

I would actually try to assign specific wifi channels in the router settings. After all you cannot use the tablet without wifi. I have done it and it is much more stabile with specific channel. If you router can show which channels that are occupied in your neighbourhood it will make it easy for you to choose wisely (ie. a unused channel). Otherwise your only option is trial and error. Good luck! :)

BTW. Make sure to choose 5G for wifi if available.

🎛️  Audio System  

Well I figured out it is not a player issue...but a file issue.

….but I know you guys know a lot aboutmusic files. I ripped my collection to a netgear ready NAS a couple of yearsago. The NAS was starting to die and the firmware was corrupted. I had acompany that was able back up the NAS to an external hard drive. The files all appear onthe hard drive. The problem I have is during playback a song will play 49-50seconds and then goes to the next song. It is like you are only previewing thesong. On the playback screen it shows the entire song times….it just neverfinishes a song. I am trying to recover these files without the labor ofreripping the entire collection.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

I will leave that issue to someone else to answer. I am not using Aries Mini for local files at all. I am all focused on bringing the best possible sound out of Tidal streaming only. If you want to know about that route please let me know.

🎛️  Audio System