IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

Does anyone know what voltage / amps the Mini needs?

That would be useful to know. Could I use a cigarette lighter adapter in a car? I wandered if I could put it in my car on long trips. Having a hard drive inside this thing could easily be a car music player I always wanted.

my > overly > fancy > system > with > directional > interconnects > powered > by > ego & linear fusion reactor

That would be useful to know. Could I use a cigarette lighter adapter in a car? I wandered if I could put it in my car on long trips. Having a hard drive inside this thing could easily be a car music player I always wanted.

That's an interesting thought. The Aries apparently runs fine on 12v . . . .

Interesting what happens to our preorders at that price? Should we expect cancelations and/or asking for difference?

Kinda not nice to promise $399 and then jump to $549, what if I do not care for Tidal?

So here is what happened -

Yesterday the dealer I preorder it from asked for a difference and I canceled.

I also wrote to Auralic and got a very polite, but seem like a dishonest answer that "The $399 is a reference price worldwide for the ARIES MINI." I see price going up on all the sites.

I just assume Auralic operates in a bite and switch mode. 37% increase over few month after announcement is not right.

I really would like to be wrong here.

my > overly > fancy > system > with > directional > interconnects > powered > by > ego & linear fusion reactor

I think the original price probably was/is too good to be true for the spec.

I pre-ordered in Germany months ago (498 euro = 355 sterling) and will not be surprised if a top-up request comes in, which I will consider if it's nominal.

If this happens it isn't good business really... when you shake someone's hand (pre-order is money exchange and virtual handshake) you should honour your agreement, which is why this stuff needs to be accurately costed before setting the selling price in each territory.

Obviously it should be available without Tidal everywhere, it's daft to make that mandatory if it raises the price.

Regardless it will no doubt be high quality for the money, I just hope they keep a very basic functional Android app going (search, add to queue, play - is all some of us are asking and that isn't much to ask for).

So here is what happened -

Yesterday the dealer I preorder it from asked for a difference and I canceled.

I also wrote to Auralic and got a very polite, but seem like a dishonest answer that "The $399 is a reference price worldwide for the ARIES MINI." I see price going up on all the sites.

I just assume Auralic operates in a bite and switch mode. 37% increase over few month after announcement is not right.

I really would like to be wrong here.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

I can confirm that it works great with the ARIES 16Vdc supply ($299). The recommended minimum is 14Vdc.

thanks JT. Can you confirm the size and polarity of the DC connector. How do you come to have a MIni already? Please tell us more about why you think it is so good and what you are comparing it with. Thanks

I think the original price probably was/is too good to be true for the spec.

I pre-ordered in Germany months ago (498 euro = 355 sterling) and will not be surprised if a top-up request comes in, which I will consider if it's nominal.

If this happens it isn't good business really... when you shake someone's hand (pre-order is money exchange and virtual handshake) you should honour your agreement, which is why this stuff needs to be accurately costed before setting the selling price in each territory.

Obviously it should be available without Tidal everywhere, it's daft to make that mandatory if it raises the price.

Regardless it will no doubt be high quality for the money, I just hope they keep a very basic functional Android app going (search, add to queue, play - is all some of us are asking and that isn't much to ask for).

Audio Emotion in Scotland are advertising them at £375. Auralic have told me the European price will include a 3 month Tidal subscription. They say they can afford the 1 year subscription in the US because they sell direct there.

Good info.

;-)

Audio Emotion in Scotland are advertising them at £375. Auralic have told me the European price will include a 3 month Tidal subscription. They say they can afford the 1 year subscription in the US because they sell direct there.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

I can confirm that it works great with the ARIES 16Vdc supply ($299). The recommended minimum is 14Vdc.

+1

I would like to know if it could handle 19v... or 12v from my HDPlex.

I think 16Vdc is the max. I think.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

thanks JT. Can you confirm the size and polarity of the DC connector. How do you come to have a MIni already? Please tell us more about why you think it is so good and what you are comparing it with. Thanks

Same as ARIES. Center pin positive. 2.5mm x 5.5mm I have one since I've been doing beta testing on LDS since I was the first paying customer and was very disappointed and wrote them an email and volunteered to help test as that's the only way it can be done. It has just continued.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Same as ARIES. Center pin positive. 2.5mm x 5.5mm I have one since I've been doing beta testing on LDS since I was the first paying customer and was very disappointed and wrote them an email and volunteered to help test as that's the only way it can be done. It has just continued.

Ok thanks. Please tell us more about your listening impressions. I've ordered one anyway but you know what it's like . . . . :-)