IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

Thanks, Badlyread, you are welcome!

The Auralic LPS might be sufficient, but it is only a LPS. This LPS was designed for Aries Femto and stock supplied with the Aries Femto since day one. According to HifiStatement our BOTW P&P ECO with Sbooster Ultra over performs the LPS of Auralic with a wide margin. See also Johan’s post #234 above.

Our BOTW P&P ECO is an upgrade power supply: it is more than just another LPS. It has the following features (see also picture):

1. High performance dual stage mains filter with earth line choke;

2. Audio grade transformer with static shielding;

3. Anti-oscillation circuit for the audio grade transformer;

4. Power schottky rectifiers;

5. High quality polypropylene film capacitors;

6. Efficient electronic design;

Also we invented a system to make the power supply practically an uninterrupted power source: the so called “Sbooster split-current” system. And with our Sbooster-technique at the end of the DC-cable, we guarantee that the performance of the power supply is as close as possible to the audio device. The result is that this power supply is suitable for high current demanding equipment, but also for noise sensitive devices. It is fast, low noise and powerful.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22070[/ATTACH]

Last, but not least: the BOTW P&P ECO-product family is safety approved (picture is from our 12-13.2V).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22071[/ATTACH]

Regards,

Karin

Hi Karin - I'm sure you have good intentions, but your comments break the rules of CA. You can contribute to the site if you chose but please don't advertise your products in the forum in this fashion.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 4 months later...
Major headache.

Getting 'Unable to find selected device' in Lightning DS when setting up the Mini.

I can connect to the mini then give it access to my network but when Lightning DS tries to find the Mini on my network I get

this error message.

Help appreciated!

After you setup the Mini for your network, make sure your mobile device is on the same network and not looking for a separate Mini network or even off of WiFi.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 4 weeks later...
I've just bought a Mini to experiment with DSD playback / PCM to DSD upsampling. I did this rather than buying a DSD DAC to use with my Femto-Aries. Setting up the Mini was easy and playing back a DSD64 track over wireless network worked w/o problems. Then I tried some DSD128 and DSD256 tracks and was met with a sort of stuttering -- a few seconds of music, a second of silence and then more music continuing from where it had got to and then .... To make a long story short, the problem persists w/o any change even when I put the DSD256 track on a USB stick inserted into the mini. This was certainly not what I expected, and worries me. Does anybody have experience with DSD>64 playback on the Mini? According to AURALiC's home page, it should support up to DSD256.

I can play DSD256 without issue on my Mini. I'd contact your dealer.

What you are describing is how a lack of bandwidth would demonstrate on a wireless network... you can't meet the higher DSD128/256 bandwidth requirements with your current wifi setup/ environment. Assuming your router supports wired GigE connection, the problem should go away once you connect the Aries as wired with cat5e/cat6 ethernet cable to router and change the Aries setup to wired vs wifi. You could also try repositioning your wifi router closer to the aries or in a different location... metal ducts and support beams in the signal path will interfere with wifi bandwidth

Except when he has the issue with a USB stick directly connected.

• 3 weeks later...
so i am planning on getting one of these with an internal SSD in it. i have one question for you guys that have it... is it possible to download music from my mac directly to the aries mini? i just don't want to have the music stored in my mac. i saw on auralic support page they simply state to drag music to the folder on the shared network that shows up in the mac but i want to know if for example i buy a cd from HDtracks, can i get it to download directly to the aries mini with SSD?

Yes, this is possible. You just direct the HDtracks download manager to place the files on the Aries Mini.

P.S. I'm guessing you already know you should keep a copy on a different drive for backup.

• 6 months later...
Please check out these reviews:

Dave Clark's review of the Auralic Aries and our 15-16V BOTW P&P ECO; Audio Ramblings - The Auralic Aries and SBooster Linear Power Supply - Positive Feedback

Hifi Statement - Test: Auralic Aries und SBooster BOTW P&P eco; HIFISTATEMENT | netmagazine - Auralic Aries und SBooster BOTW P&P eco

Hifi Statement - Test: Auralic Aries Mini, SBooster BOTW und Tidal Streaming; HIFISTATEMENT | netmagazine - Auralic Aries Mini, SBooster BOTW und Tidal Streaming

Kind regards,

Karin

Hello @Karin - Posts such as this aren't allowed here on CA. Manufacturers / distributors / dealers aren't allowed to publish items about their own products, unless a user specifically asks the Manufacturers / distributors / dealers a question. Open questions about products, that may or may not include your products, don't count as questions you can answer within the rules of the site. The question must be directed specifically at you, by a member of the community who is unrelated to your company, for you to respond.

This is your one warning.

Has anyone encountered any trouble playing high-res PCM content (e.g. 24/352.8K DXD) with their Aries Mini connected via 100Mbps Ethernet?

I ran into random but abrupt playback interruptions while playing whole albums. After the playback is interrupted, Lightning DS on iPad/iPhone will display "No Device", and the Aries Mini stops responding to network pings. One workaround I found is to briefly unplug the Ethernet cable from the Mini for a few seconds then reattach. The Mini will recover in about 30 seconds and resume playback by itself at the beginning of one of the tracks, and often at the last track.

For me this issue only occurs with the Aries Mini forced to run at 100Mbps Ethernet link speed, being connected to a Netgear FS105v3 Fast Ethernet switch before linking back to my NAS via a Netgear GS108v4 gigabit switch. No trouble at gigabit or with 5GHz wireless. Until today, I thought the issue was related to 4.1.beta2 firmware which I installed to try the downsampling feature with my 96K DAC (KEF X300A speakers), but it turns out even the 4.0.0 production firmware the issue still occurs. I have tried playing 352.8K, 176.4K and 88.2K content using 100Mbps, and got interruptions part way into the album each time. After changing the Mini back to gigabit Ethernet the symptoms disappeared completely.

I should also report that my Aries Femto has no trouble whatsoever playing 352.K content over a 100Mbps Ethernet. For some reason, my Aries Mini is not completely happy with 100Mbps Ethernet.

I have reported this issue to Auralic support. Meanwhile, I will stop using 100Mbps Ethernet with my Aries Mini.

This may be a long shot, but it also may be somewhat related. It's not the identical issue I experienced and can reproduce 100% of the time, but it could be due to the fact that the Aries Mini is receiving way too much data and its dropping packets at those sample rates.

Here is something to look into, although not completely a 1 for 1 issue - http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/need-help-networking-universal-plug-dplay-digital-living-network-alliance-issue-28484/#post550519

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, soxr said:

yes using the webinterface, and it's stuck on " Initializing Disk"
the drive works perfect in other systems, very strange

Was the drive ever formatted in Linux? I've run into issues when using a drive that I had previously formatted for a booting Linux config, and stuck it into a HiFi component.