IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

I own an Auralic Aries Mini. After a few weeks the left line out channel stopped working. The left speaker is just hissing softly. When rebooting the mini, the left speaker cracks 2-3 times. I tested amp and spaker, it is really the Mini. Did anyone have the same problem? Does anyone have an idea how I could solve it on my own before sending it for repair?

I run the Mini with an internal Samsung SSD with internal DAC via line out to amp.

Many thanks for your replies.

Jut double checking, have you tried changing out the cable between the line out on the Aries Mini and your pre amp?

Or at least swap the RCA cable connection to the back of the Aries Mini, meaning swap the right and left cables at the output of the Aries Mini to see if the problem moves to the right speaker?

I too have an internal HD in the Aries Mini an use it via line out.

Was your dealer or Auralic Support able to provide any troubleshooting tips?

It does sound like you may have to send back if you can confirm other devices work fine with your preamp/amp and speakers.

yes, I swapped the cables left and right and I tried another calbe. The problem is actually the left line out. Both speakers and the amp are working properly, I checked.

The dealer is not very communicative at the moment, besides the comment to send it back. I hope someone can give me a tip. But I assume it is a hardware problem and needs to be sent in.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
10 hours ago, Luvdac said:

So is it true that the aries mini is discontinued? I was thinking of getting a 2nd one. Anyone knows if a MK2 is in the offing or is it going the way of the sqeezebox?

In the Auralic Forum I found the following message from Xuanqian written in December 2017:

We no longer sell ARIES MINI in some countries, but the rest areas are fine. This product is still in our line and we still deliver hundreds of them each month.

In some countries, the people whom are buying ARIES MINI are not the group of people we are trying to target at. For example, they do not have home network that is stable enough to stream music via WiFi and they do not want to invest a reasonable amount of money to improve their home network. I can not say all customers are like that but if more than 50% customers fall into this situation in particular area, then we will think carefully and decide if the market is actually right for us.