IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

Just got one last night - too early to have impressions on sound quality. Odd question - I'm new to UPNP and kind of hate what I've seen so far. I'd love to be able to control the mini with iPeng or OrangeSqeeze, the controllers I know from the Squeezebox ecosystem. If anyone has any insight into making that work, I'd appreciate it.

FWIW - I've installed the UPNP bridge plug in for the Squeezebox server. It won't find the Mini as a renderer.

I would also love to be able to control the Mini through UPNP - specifically using the UPNP plug-in for the Logitech Music Server. I can't get the plug in to see the Mini on my network. It see's Bubbleup just fine.

Any and all insights are welcome. I'd really like to use the Mini as a "plug and play" replacement for my SB Touch w/o having to learn/use all new control software.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone want to join me in offering a bounty for getting the Mini to play nice with LMS? I'd put up $100 to start. I'd love to see Auralic make this work, but would be just as happy with a 3rd party solve. iPeng and OrangeSqueeze with LMS make things really easy for me and others in the house to just enjoy the music.

I was thinking this morning - here are the music servers/services I'm running now. Be great to trim this by one.

iTunes - Ripping and playlist management

Audirvana - Local playback from my Mac

Minimserver - To support playback from the Mini

Logitech Media Server - Squeezeboxes throughout the house

Google Music - Remote library access

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
looking for a bit of advice. I'm about to take delivery of a mini and was wondering how to connect it to an A/V receiver. I would like to use the Dac on the mini therefore bypassing the receivers Dac. what is the best connection to use and any decent cable recommendations. I'm Fairly new to all this so a clear explanation would be most appreciated. I will be using wired Ethernet to NAS. thanks

If you want to use the DAC in the Mini (I do and am very happy with the sound) you have to connect it to an analog input on your receiver. I use Kimber Silver Streak, but their much less expensive Tonic cable also sounds good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone have any luck getting the

Mini to work as a upnp renderer using the upnp plug in for the Logitech Media Server? I much prefer the LMS control ecosystem to Lightning DS. I've tried this many times now and can't get the mini to appear in either ipeng or orange squeeze.

Thanks