IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

Steve - I use etiher Minimserver on Synology NAS as source or an internal 512 Gb SSD (Samsung 850 Evo). I cannot here any difference. I primarily use the internal SSD as my Wifi network is sometimes busy while streaming HD video for my daughter. The music had hick ups so instead of investing in double WiFi networks I decided to invest in this SSD.

Im thinking of getting a Aries mini and hooking into my oppo 105. What is the best connection for Hi Rez streaming? Thx

May I ask why you need an Aries Mini in this setup? The Oppo has a built in DLNA client and can pull files from the network both over DLNA and SMB. I have a 105-D and it works great.

Where the Oppo falls short is in passing through DSD to the digital outputs. It will only pass DSD out on HDMI, which is pretty limiting. Also, the wireless is 802.11n, not 802.11ac like the Aries Mini.

I must be missing something. Just curious...

thanks. my current set up is all my music is attached to my iMac on a 2TB external drive. I'm currently streaming from my SqueezeboxTouch which is currently connect via CoAx to the Oppo. I also have EDO installed on the touch.

If you are happy enough with the Logitech Media Server providing its music library and audio services to your Squeezebox Touch, you should be able to bypass the SBT and use LMS directly with the Oppo as a Squeezebox streamer together with your existing Squeezebox controller app to boot. If you install the UPnPBridge/squeeze2upnp plugin component in LMS it should provide a Squeezebox emulator for the Oppo (as well as for any other UPnP renderer on the network):

Announce: UPnPBridge = integrate UPnP/DLNA players with LMS (squeeze2upnp)

Thought it best to add, since this is a bit off topic for an Aries Mini thread, that using the UPnPBridge plugin for LMS to provide a Squeezebox emulator won't work with an Aries. This is because the Aries's standard UPnP streaming support is currently broken.

Thanks for the suggestion. That sounds a bit too complex for me. I'd love a easy way to stream direct from my Mac/ext HD to the oppo. The closest I came is when I hooked up the HD to the oppo and used Media Cenrer. Did not enjoy the interface.