IGNORED

Supra 5 meter USB cable won't work. Windows say's driver not recognized

Putting those metal caps over the unused RCA input jacks probably won't hurt anything, but putting them on the output jacks could short out the amp. I wouldn't do it.

If your going to err on the side of caution I guess. I don't know how they would short it out. But I'm willing to be educated.

I did some research on the Audiogon forum about this subject, and I apologize, as I confused input shorting plugs with caps. It worth doing a search on that forum before buying these things, however, because their practical benefit is controversial.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, did you try the rca end caps yet ? Try vacuuming the air vents on your amp. Sometimes just unplugging and 're inserting (whilst powered down, or off ) rapidly a few times in quick succession helps clean the contacts of your rca interconnects. And is definitely cheap.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Look at eBay for vibracones and vibrators might be worthwhile. The pods under your amps feet. The cones under your computer, with a dab of blutac to stop it sliding around. Also helps ventilation and keep things cooler.

Look at eBay for vibracones and vibrators might be worthwhile. The pods under your amps feet. The cones under your computer, with a dab of blutac to stop it sliding around. Also helps ventilation and keep things cooler.

Not vibrators (spell check) vibrapods.

Why aren't the rubber feet on the components not good enough? (power amp and Pre)

Only you would know that James, sitting on glass means there is a lot of stored energy within the components. If it was mine, I would cut up some ply wood and place it under the pre and power amps. It would help get rid of any ringing and harshness. I tried it when I had glass shelves, and maybe being a cheap alternative to the vibrapod's, cones.

Only you would know that James, sitting on glass means there is a lot of stored energy within the components. If it was mine, I would cut up some ply wood and place it under the pre and power amps. It would help get rid of any ringing and harshness. I tried it when I had glass shelves, and maybe being a cheap alternative to the vibrapod's, cones.

As an alternative to expensive "audiophile" products, some of us use these composite rubber pads to absorb vibrations from components that create them, or are sensitive to them, including MacMini and laptop computers, external HDD's, CD/DVD drives, amps with vacuum tubes/transformers, etc. They also add space for ventilation when stacking components.

MP-2E - DiversiTech MP-2E - E.V.A. Anti-Vibration Pad, 2" x 2" x 7/8"

Thanks so bus for the replies. Listen to this, my wife makes some awesome cakes and designs. Transporting them is harder then one thinks sliding around in the back of a SUV so she found this stuff, its rubber and 2 or 3 plus of it might do it. I have 3 layers of it unser my MacBook and under my REGEN.

Jim's rubber padding.JPG

As an alternative to expensive "audiophile" products, some of us use these composite rubber pads to absorb vibrations from components that create them, or are sensitive to them, including MacMini and laptop computers, external HDD's, CD/DVD drives, amps with vacuum tubes/transformers, etc. They also add space for ventilation when stacking components.

MP-2E - DiversiTech MP-2E - E.V.A. Anti-Vibration Pad, 2" x 2" x 7/8"

I got the E.V.A. Anti-Vibration pads 2x2's Is it better to put one under each of the 4 feet of pre amp or avoid the feet and just use 3 in a triangle since they are just a bit thicker than the feet on pre amp