IGNORED

Amarra sQ / sQ+ / Amarra for TIDAL

I tried the trial version for Tidal and thought it sounded good. Purchased it through a sale email from Sonic Studios. Haven't been able to use it. Crashes on start up or during initial scan. Not impressed with their support.

Hello and sorry for the issues you are having. We are aware of them and are working towards a solution to be included in the update due out shortly. Very sorry for any inconvenience.

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

Are there any plans to upgrade Amarra sQ? It still doesn't change sampling rate and sound quality is not on par with sQ+.

I shouldn't have to pay for the plus version to get basic features when I have no need for the IRC or the other features plus offers. Seems the standard version is no longer offered but should still be supported for those who paid for it or got it while Amarra 3.0.

Are there any plans to upgrade Amarra sQ? It still doesn't change sampling rate and sound quality is not on par with sQ+.

I shouldn't have to pay for the plus version to get basic features when I have no need for the IRC or the other features plus offers. Seems the standard version is no longer offered but should still be supported for those who paid for it or got it while Amarra 3.0.

Amarra sQ has reached it's end I'm afraid. Sonic Studio sent an email out some time ago explaining and included an offer to upgrade to sQ+ (which does in fact sound better). sQ+ doesn't change sampling rates on the fly either if that's what you mean. Sorry for not being particularly helpful.

Amarra sQ has reached it's end I'm afraid. Sonic Studio sent an email out some time ago explaining and included an offer to upgrade to sQ+ (which does in fact sound better). sQ+ doesn't change sampling rates on the fly either if that's what you mean. Sorry for not being particularly helpful.

Thanks. This is good to know. Not sure if worth upgrading. I was trying the regular one out with Roon but thought it's native sound was better. Just wanted to give the sQ+ one more shot. In the end, think I"m going to go with HQPlayer integration once it's released.

Tried sQ+ and still feel Roon on it's own sounds better with integer mode, exclusive mode enabled. sQ+ has a nice sound but isn't as dynamic and background not as black.

Now aren't you glad for the trial period?!! Seems all things audio is system dependent and a matter of taste/preference. An example, I own a licence for iRC and find it a huge advantage with all 3 Amarra products in my stable. One day I may try Roon but for now I have enough invested already. It's all good. Enjoy the music. Peace.