IGNORED

Does anybody have Logitech Z-5500 speakers?

I bought a second hand Z-5500 set up from ebay.

All 5 speakers work, the control pod lights up and works but I am not getting any sound from the subwoofer. I have tried the standard analogue cables and coax.

I cannot see a volume control on the sub only a power switch.

Is there anything I have missed to get sound from the sub or is it broken?

My sound card is an Asus Xonar D2X and I am using Windows 8.1

I bought a second hand Z-5500 set up from ebay.

All 5 speakers work, the control pod lights up and works but I am not getting any sound from the subwoofer. I have tried the standard analogue cables and coax.

I cannot see a volume control on the sub only a power switch.

Is there anything I have missed to get sound from the sub or is it broken?

My sound card is an Asus Xonar D2X and I am using Windows 8.1

Hello enner100,

I have a much older version of the Z-5500. I think the model is the Logitech Z-680. It is 5.1 with THX/DTS with remote. I connect the control pod to my iMac with a an optical cable vs coax. All my speaker connections are connected to the inputs on the back of the subwoofer which also has the power supply for the system.

With my pod, there are input, effect, settings, mute and level, plus headphone port and music out port. The subwoofer holds the connections for the speakers, left, right, center rear surround left and right. I am able to select the subwoofer from the pod and adjust the level of the subwoofer's output.

I think it is old enough to have used with my Windows PC system prior to 2008 when I switched to an Apple Mac Pro and was able to continue to use the same system. In fact I am still using it with my 2013 iMac.

Make sure your connections are correct. The pod should allow you to set the levels of your system with one screen showing the subwoofer with minus and plus on either side of volume steps signified by line spaces as in ___ ____ ____ etc.

Of course if your sound card is not compatible, then I my remarks are of no use. But Logitech should be able to advise you if that is the case. I continue to enjoy this dated system which is probably nearly ten years old and just provides excellent sound.

Hope you sort this out satisfactorily.

Best,

Richard

Logitech Z-680.jpg