IGNORED

Mogami cables are great

I never realized how good Mogami cables are until I started trying out a shit ton of them. Ok, I did not try out $1000-$10,000 cables, but I will never buy them so they don't count.

Mogami cable is basically natural sounding, clear, dynamic, and most important of all, no faults. I suppose it makes sense since the studios that produces your music uses them…

Anyways: use Mogami W2549 for line level XLR. Under a dollar feet! (got a 8 foot pair, sounds perfect!).

Mogami W3103 for speaker cable. Under $3 a feet.

I just got a 10ft pair of 3103 for use with my Rega Brio-R and KEF LS50's and it sounds great. Even my teenage daughter could here the difference over my home made cat5 based braided cable!

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

No less than Ralph Karsten at Atma-sphere recommends Mogami Gold cables for his outstanding amplifiers and preamplifiers, which range from several thousand to much higher. I first tried them at his suggestion with an Atma-Sphere S30 and I have found them to be a tremendous value.

JC

I use Mogami #2534 Microphone cable for interconnects. It has a Star-Quad configuration and quality materials. Great stuff !

I got a 100' roll over 30 years ago, still have most of it left :)

Do you use also star grounding, meaning that the ground shield is connected only on one side of the interconnect?

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Do you use also star grounding, meaning that the ground shield is connected only on one side of the interconnect?

Krzysztof,

Well, I'm not sure if my implementation is 'star' grounding, but yes, the interconnects I make connect the shield at only one end.

I position the grounded shield at the lowest level device. So in a sequence from:

cartridge/turntable *IC- stepup transformer *IC- phono amp *to- line amp,

the '*' represents a connected shield, and the '-' an open shield. Note: I also have separate ground wires from TT, to stepup, to phono.

How would you describe star grounding ?

If you are speaking of a balanced interconnect system (which is what a Star-Quad configuration is all about) then there is no Ground involved! It's just a Shield that may be connected to the chassis's at both ends or at just the Send end. While it's true that many grounds may also be connected to a chassis, those grounds are not part of the balanced interconnect system.

So star grounding has nothing to do with balanced interconnect systems.

Yeap, great affordable cables (Belden and Canare belong to the same discussion).

I actually tried a couple Belden cables (eg: 1313A), the Mogami W3103 is cheaper and better. If anyone wants to buy some Belden cables, lol.

Opening the W3103 up, it appears Mogami did a lot of engineering to make sure the strands do not move within the cable, that was interesting.

Yes indeed...

Mogami is no joke and I've used some very expensive wire before jumping off the cable Mary go round.

I've settled on

Mogami 2549 Balanced XLR w/ Neutrik

&

Mogami 2921 Speaker Cables

I use a dual run of the 2921 from the wafer board of the amp straight to the binding posts of my towers. Total length is a whopping 2 ft :) so any signal losses are basically none existent.

The 2549 cable run is about 28ft but despite this I hear no degradation in SQ compared to my previous Ridge Street Audio Poemia cables which were 1ft and $700 plus dollars

:(

The snake oil is strong in the audio industry.. Watch out!

I use Mogami XLR between my Auralic Tauras pre amp and my Pass Labs XA-30.5 amp (about 15 feet). I use Blue Jean's Cable XLR from my Auralic Vega DAC to my pre amp (about 1 foot).

I use the pro audio Mogami Gold Neglex Quad Microphone Cable for Studio with Neutrik XLR connectors at $40 each (x2). These are the 2534 cables.

Neglex Quad Microphone Cables

Mogami Neglex quad cable is perfect cable for home studios suffering from wiring and grounding problems. Mogami 2534 should also be used where intense RFI interference is a problem. Mogami 2534 provides an improvement in signal to noise of 10-20db over equivalent twisted pair cables. Double conductors quad cables are more effective in canceling noise that can get past even the best of shields and is critical in an environment of high RF and EM interference.

I love them...

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

If you like the 3103 the 2972 is also good as you can double up the cores and adjust the capacitance, I just connected mine on opposites with cheap Z plugs and it was much better than the rip off TQ Black I was foolish enough to buy.

Another very similar cable is Van Damme tour grade black, this is much easier to get in the UK than Mogami 2972 though.

System 1

Audio Note OTO SE Phono

Audio Note AN-j He

Mac Mini 2015 OSX 10.11, Roon

Chord Hugo

Systemdek iix 900 / Audio Note Arm One v2 / Goldring 1042

If you like the 3103 the 2972 is also good as you can double up the cores and adjust the capacitance, I just connected mine on opposites with cheap Z plugs and it was much better than the rip off TQ Black I was foolish enough to buy.

Another very similar cable is Van Damme tour grade black, this is much easier to get in the UK than Mogami 2972 though.

Any thoughts on the Van Damme Blue for interconnects or a headphone cable?

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open