IGNORED

Vibration isolating rollerballs

I found a Delaware supplier of half-inch TC balls at US$3.25 per ball, see https://www.craigballsales.com/1-2-12.700mm-lot-of-10.html.

I do not know them and have no idea of the grade of the balls, i.e. G25 or else.

My apologies if that has been covered in other threads, and I do not recall it has, but is there a benefit in having the ball and the bowl, cup, or disk as I call it, made of the same material of the same grade? My quasi non existent knowledge of metallurgy makes me think that having both made of the same material of the same grade should produce better results than otherwise. The probability that the desired properties of one be limited or defeated by those of the other of another material would be minimized. Does this make any sense? Am I splitting hair here?

I posted this while I had time today but will not have much time later today and tomorrow to read your replies, if any. I will of course catch up as soon as I can either late Sunday night or Monday at the latest.

Many thanks in advance, and have a great weekend. Happy Independence Day to our US friends!

Gilles

MacBook Pro (OS 10.13, 16GB RAM, OCZ Vertex3 SSD, external Oyen HD w FireWire, Audirvana+ 3.5) -> Mapleshade Clearlink USB Plus cable -> UpTone Audio ISO Regen w Ultracap LPS-1.2 -> Wavelength Brick v3 DAC -> Transparent Wave Link interconnects -> Luxman R-1050 -> Transparent Music Wave Plus speaker cables -> ASW Cantius 504 speakers