IGNORED

Vibration isolating rollerballs

You are the only one who has ever provided a drawing! I'd be happy if you converse with Mike [email protected] and come to an understanding of what is possible given the constraints of what he's ordered in terms of material and reasonable price. Mike wants to make something that we like. I'm happy to go with either the spec Barry gave us already, or yours if that meets the manufacturing constraints or something in between.

I have pledged 3 sets.

About the design, if you see Mike's website, he has one that has edges chamfered. This will possibly give some visual oomph.

Some possibilities:

1. Small radius on the edges.

2. 4mm of the bottom of the disk could be left un-mirror finished. This will give some definition to the disk.

3. Else we could have some lathe groove at the 4mm mark, that would be cool too.

4. Or the bottom 6mm could be provided with concentric groove every 1.5mm, hence 4 parallel groove.

5. The top should definitely be mirror finished to allow for full isolation.

Can do cadd drawing if required.

BTW, Carbide Ball can be sourced from China. ~5 USD each for 12mm dia.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

I would like to have a mirror finish on both sides of the bowls -- that way they can be used either against a flat top or inverted.

Where can you get carbide for $5 12mm bearing? That's an excellent price!

For general information:

Taobao is a Chinese sales portal (Part of AliBaba), larger than Ebay and Amazon put together. They sell almost everything, if you know the name in Chinese.....

硬质合金球_淘宝搜索

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

YahN, due respect, your comments are disrespectful and in my opinion uncalled for.

With the design for the cup, you could turn the cup over and get the flat surface you want. This may even provide a better design as the disk may be solid and rigid enough with the cone reducing potential surface isolation between the table and the disc.

Barry, your views are appreciated. Will try and get my own mileage.

My apologies for not double-checking that auto-correct.

The name should say "zerung" (not "zeroing").

Best regards,

Barry

Soundkeeper Recordings

http://www.soundkeeperrecordings.wordpress.com

Barry Diament Audio

I actually like Zeroing.....sounds apt'.

Best

Zeroing