IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Optimizer Raises The Bar

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an antivirus with firewall, and even better also with malware protection, that works well with Windows Server 2012 r2?

Roon + HQ Player; Trinnov Altitude32; Bricasti M3 with Ethernet and headphone amp; Pro Audio Technology 28212ai active speakers and amps plus four 15" subs; MSB Reference DAC wi/ Digital Director; Antipodes K50 server; MadVR video processing with JVC NZ9 projector; Kii3 + Control in another room; Accourate, Trinnov, and Dirac bass management and room correction; extensive RPG room treatment; HifiMan and Focal cans; Decware Taboo Mk3; 20 amp hospital grade UPS; EtherRegen, Sonore Empirical Audio and SOTM, all on LPS, feeding DACs

There is no reason to have any of them on a dedicated music server.

This unit isn't a "dedicatd music server" like an Aurender or Caps unit might be.

The unit is connected to my network and to my NAS (which is used for more than just music). The unit has a browser (Firefox) that I occasionally use as well.

So, my concern is that, like any general purpose PC connected to a network, that it poses a pathway into my other devices (including everything stored on my NAS), all my other networked computers, my security cameras, my home automation, etc.

Roon + HQ Player; Trinnov Altitude32; Bricasti M3 with Ethernet and headphone amp; Pro Audio Technology 28212ai active speakers and amps plus four 15" subs; MSB Reference DAC wi/ Digital Director; Antipodes K50 server; MadVR video processing with JVC NZ9 projector; Kii3 + Control in another room; Accourate, Trinnov, and Dirac bass management and room correction; extensive RPG room treatment; HifiMan and Focal cans; Decware Taboo Mk3; 20 amp hospital grade UPS; EtherRegen, Sonore Empirical Audio and SOTM, all on LPS, feeding DACs

This unit isn't a "dedicatd music server" like an Aurender or Caps unit might be.

The unit is connected to my network and to my NAS (which is used for more than just music). The unit has a browser (Firefox) that I occasionally use as well.

So, my concern is that, like any general purpose PC connected to a network, that it poses a pathway into my other devices (including everything stored on my NAS), all my other networked computers, my security cameras, my home automation, etc.

Well you could use server, but maybe Windows 10 is worth a look and possibly a better choice. People have been reporting good results with 10, and Phil will be working on AO for it.

Regads

Bob

Hi Folks

We are more than proud to announce the latest review about the AudiophileOptimizer on SoundStage! Ultra (soundstageultra.com & ultraaudio.com)

The complete review can be found here: SoundStage! Ultra | SoundStageUltra.com (UltraAudio.com) | Highend-AudioPC AudiophileOptimizer Computer Audio Software

Enjoy,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

All you need is a 1.4Ghz x64 CPU, 512MB of RAM and 25GB of disk space. No ECC mandatory, no server grade mobo needed, it couldn't be any easier! :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Folks

We are more than proud to announce the latest review about the AudiophileOptimizer on SoundStage! Ultra (soundstageultra.com & ultraaudio.com)

The complete review can be found here: SoundStage! Ultra | SoundStageUltra.com (UltraAudio.com) | Highend-AudioPC AudiophileOptimizer Computer Audio Software

Enjoy,

Phil

Great Review ! AO is a great product ;-)

Look forward to AO for Win 10 ;-)

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

• 3 months later...

Hello

i will post some detailed background information about the new SOtM sMS-1000SQ Windows Edition. We were and still are heavily involved in this jointventure. SOtM delivers all the hardware and the image they use to mass deploy their music servers is made by us from A-Z.

Will keep you updated!

Best,

Phil

Any further information about AO for Windows 10?

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

Any further information about AO for Windows 10?

Hi

You can read abuot it here -> http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f28-highend-audiopc-sponsored/audiophileoptimizer-windows-10-beta-thread-26229/ AO 2.00 beta8 should be around very soon.

Best,

Phil

• 2 months later...