IGNORED

iOS 8.4 Music app

Not had a huge play; but the new music app on iOS 8.4 looks to be an improvement over the old for functionality.

They have reintroduced a proper "Artist"-"Album" hiarachy which was lost several versions ago...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

In my enthusiasm... Looks like this is only true on iPhone; on iPad music is like a shrunk version of current iTunes.

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

Not had a huge play; but the new music app on iOS 8.4 looks to be an improvement over the old for functionality. They have reintroduced a proper "Artist"-"Album" hiarachy which was lost several versions ago...

I don't know if anyone else experienced this, but one of the recent iOS updates messed up its bluetooth parameters. I thought my car system was faulty, but before taking it to the dealer I Googled it - and there are many posts on many sites about being unable to connect after a recent update. 8.3 now hooks up again for reasons I can't figure out, so I'm a bit gun-shy about meddling with iOS until I see some stability.

Agh I see...

If an artist has 1 or 2 albums the tracks are listed. If more than 2 then the albums are listed for a further selection (with iPad).

Under the artist it appears the albums are listed by year (newest first).

Eloise

---

Thought everyone was studiously avoiding this! *s*

I like it. So far it beats Spotify except for the terrific Connect feature that Spotify has.

I'll give it a few months trial for sure. Only thing that irks me is not having access to everything (especially ECM) that is available on iTunes.

Have already found new artists that I like so it's doing its job!

(PS. Then I found them on vinyl for sale and am budgeting to get a few I found) *s*

(PPS. Not available as high resolution downloads anywhere I've looked)

David

Both the mobile app and the desktop app integrate purchased, matched, and streaming tracks pretty well.

Tracks can be downloaded to the desktop app and they are 256 Kbps AAC. The tracks do of course have DRM, and they unfortunately can't be synced with an iPod Classic. I guess downloading the tracks is really only useful if you are using a laptop and will be out of wifi range.

A bit disappointed in that because my iPod Classic is still my primary music source in the car.

Both the mobile app and the desktop app integrate purchased, matched, and streaming tracks pretty well.

Tracks can be downloaded to the desktop app and they are 256 Kbps AAC. The tracks do of course have DRM, and they unfortunately can't be synced with an iPod Classic. I guess downloading the tracks is really only useful if you are using a laptop and will be out of wifi range.

A bit disappointed in that because my iPod Classic is still my primary music source in the car.

Tricky situation there. I'm surprised there is any way to download streamed tracks at all to be honest. It would be frustrating on your end using a Classic though. Makes devices that are not on a network of some sort strictly for purchases then.

Curious if you can control desktop app with remote app on iPad. Tried that yet?

David

There doesn't seem to be any way to access the Apple Music streaming library directly from the Remote app. You can add streaming tracks/albums to a playlist in the Music app, and then access the playlist from the Remote app. No need to get off the sofa, at any rate. :)

Apple Music is supposed to be added to Apple TV in the fall. I think that will ultimately be the primary way I stream from the cloud to my main system.

There doesn't seem to be any way to access the Apple Music streaming library directly from the Remote app. You can add streaming tracks/albums to a playlist in the Music app, and then access the playlist from the Remote app. No need to get off the sofa, at any rate. :)

Apple Music is supposed to be added to Apple TV in the fall. I think that will ultimately be the primary way I stream from the cloud to my main system.

Its just a guess ... but I suspect Apple Music will come to the Apple TV as part of the Apple TV update with (at the same time) a new iOS remote.

Eloise

---