IGNORED

Roller type Vibration Isolation Devices info

Any one used these?

Ingress Engineered Products

I have a set. No complaints as to quality and dealings with said "vendor". The only issue is the design parameters don't jive with a larger OD puck, larger bowl OD and shallower bowl curvature and bearing dia that have been discussed at length here. Also I believe the material is 6061.

tne, foggy,

Thanks for the heads up guys !

This was a new one to me, and I'm happy to add another roller isolator product to our short list (only 3 currently available lines). Here is what I was able to find out about this product:

Ingress Engineered Products RollerBlocks - $75 per set (6 blocks, 3 balls), $750 per system

Ingress Engineered Products (made in Canada)

Blocks made from 6061 aluminum, height is just over 1", looks to be about 2-3/4" in diameter

The bowl looks to be between 3/4" and 1" in diameter, with a medium to high curvature, but a rather rough surface with visible machining marks.

3/8" dia. stainless steel G25 ball bearings, no TC option.

A single device consists of a bottom block, a bearing ball, and a top block, forming a "Double Stack" (higher damping, higher stability). Supports 20 or 300 pounds

Anyone have anything they can add ?

the FIM product… are marked "platinum". Ball size is approx 3/8". Both top and bottom are approx 1.125" diameter.

As to the FIM product, both top and bottom are curved in what appears to be close to Barry's suggestion…they say:"hardened steel plated copper cups with tungsten carbide balls...

The discs are about 1 3/8" in diameter, 5/16" thick with a 15/16"x 5/32" depression. It looks metric...

Al, Forrest,

So I now have 3 different sets of dimensions for the FIM blocks ??

"1-5/8” diameter x 7/8” high" (Galen Carol Audio)

"about 1-3/8" in diameter, 5/16" thick, 15/16" x 5/32" bowl" (4est)

"Both top and bottom are approx. 1.125" diameter" (coot)

Color me confused :{ Could there be two different versions ? Original and Platinum ?

Here are some statements I've collected:

"Six pucks, three steel ball bearings of 3/8" diameter and an instruction sheet." (FIM)

"hardened steel plated copper cups (4est)

"pucks are stainless, coated with platinum." (GCA)

"New version! Now made from hardened Stainless Steel with a Platinum coating!" (GCA)

Forrest, perhaps knowing the age of your FIM's might help with this question.

Here are some other factoids about the FIMs:

3 part design, w/ top and bottom cap having curvatures ("Double Stack")

Medium to large (shallow) bowl curvature, (nice in combination with a smaller ball)

The balls are 3/8" diameter (small !), (consistent through different sources)

GCA has Tungsten Carbide balls for the FIM at $65 for 3.

Editorial -----------

Notice that the FIM's, Ingress, and Symposium Jr's, all are sold as a "double stack" set. with curved bottom, ball, and curved top. This trades off a higher impedance for stability and ease of setup.

I think that is a fair trade for a commercial product, and in fact, I use that configuration for some of my less critical components. Of course one can always replace the top block with a smooth, hard surface, and even get more devices out of your purchase by obtaining some extra bearing balls.

Anyone have anything they can add ?

Based on my own experience I would be inclined to stay with 7075 and Barry's inner bowl concave radius 2", ball 1/2". Overall size of pluck is not so important, any starting from 1.5" diameter will work for me, top bowl is needless.

Did I miss something or group buy idea with Ingress is stuck?

Based on my own experience I would be inclined to stay with 7075 and Barry's inner bowl concave radius 2", ball 1/2". Overall size of pluck is not so important, any starting from 1.5" diameter will work for me, top bowl is needless.

Did I miss something or group buy idea with Ingress is stuck?

It would appear the group buy using ingress with the updated spec is a no go. See the other thread for more info

My rig

Mine where purchased used off of Audiogon. The package said copper, but they appear to be plated or polished SS.

Al, Forrest,

So I now have 3 different sets of dimensions for the FIM blocks ??

"1-5/8” diameter x 7/8” high" (Galen Carol Audio)

"about 1-3/8" in diameter, 5/16" thick, 15/16" x 5/32" bowl" (4est)

"Both top and bottom are approx. 1.125" diameter" (coot)

Color me confused :{ Could there be two different versions ? Original and Platinum ?

Here are some statements I've collected:

"Six pucks, three steel ball bearings of 3/8" diameter and an instruction sheet." (FIM)

"hardened steel plated copper cups (4est)

"pucks are stainless, coated with platinum." (GCA)

"New version! Now made from hardened Stainless Steel with a Platinum coating!" (GCA)

Forrest, perhaps knowing the age of your FIM's might help with this question.

Here are some other factoids about the FIMs:

3 part design, w/ top and bottom cap having curvatures ("Double Stack")

Medium to large (shallow) bowl curvature, (nice in combination with a smaller ball)

The balls are 3/8" diameter (small !), (consistent through different sources)

GCA has Tungsten Carbide balls for the FIM at $65 for 3.

Editorial -----------

Notice that the FIM's, Ingress, and Symposium Jr's, all are sold as a "double stack" set. with curved bottom, ball, and curved top. This trades off a higher impedance for stability and ease of setup.

I think that is a fair trade for a commercial product, and in fact, I use that configuration for some of my less critical components. Of course one can always replace the top block with a smooth, hard surface, and even get more devices out of your purchase by obtaining some extra bearing balls.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz