IGNORED

Fidelizer with W10 ?

I'm currently using JRiver and Fidelizer on W8.1. I've read that W10 will be a great improvement over 8.1. I've also read that JRiver will be compatible with W10. I haven't been able to find out if Fidelizer will. Anyone?

I can't comment on JRiver as I don't use it, but Fidelizer does work on Windows 10.

• 1 month later...

JRiver 20 works with Windows 10. I find Windows 10 a step up in SQ over Windows 7. You do have to reload JRiver again. Might be good to do an upgrade followed immediately with a clean wipe. Can do the clean wipe thru Windows 10 after the upgrade.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

Sounds like everyone's having great success with the upgrade.

My friend has the same laptop as I do and upgraded to windows 10. He's having some problems with finding the sound devises in windows to set up the Bi-Frost DAC. I'm a little reluctant to try this change at the moment. A little intimidating since everything is working fine at the moment.

Is W10 SQ better enough to make the change worth the effort? I'm not that computer savvy.

John Withem

Proprietor

JW Audio.

http://www.jwaudio.net/default.html

Sounds like everyone's having great success with the upgrade.

My friend has the same laptop as I do and upgraded to windows 10. He's having some problems with finding the sound devises in windows to set up the Bi-Frost DAC. I'm a little reluctant to try this change at the moment. A little intimidating since everything is working fine at the moment.

Is W10 SQ better enough to make the change worth the effort? I'm not that computer savvy.

Yes, Windows 10 sound quality is a significant step up. I was rather surprised at first with just how much they have improved the sound quality. It is an obvious improvement.

Whooo, just do a little optimization in your bios and eliminate any superficial bloat in Windows 10, especially onboard audio and defender. Huge jump up in audio quality. Use Phil's 1.40 instructions for bios settings. I can't imagine it getting much better in sound. Via JRiver (WASAPI) it's a very black background, beautiful sound, many additional things I've never heard in very familiar tracks. And I've yet to try Phil's AO 10 upon release. Had to turn down the subwoofer for some tracks via the Hugo.

kurb1980, I heard from the HPQ thread someone talk of Windows 10 having much better clocking, thus better audio timing.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 and also use the free version of Fidelizer. Windows 10 does sound better to me than Windows 7 and it see,s Fidelizger doesn't make that much a difference now. Will do more listening this week. One question, can someone point me in the direction of doing a clean wipe through Windows 10?

Marantz PM8004

Oppo BDP-105D

Music Hall MMF 5.1

iFi iPhono

Pioneer SP-BS22LR

Gateway PC W10 JRiver Media Center

Well, I took the plunge and upgraded to W10 today. It pretty well went flawlessly. I have to say that it was a improvement over W8. Much more 3 dimensional with a greater scents of space between instruments. Spatial queues are much improved to give a better impression of being in the actual venue with the musicians. A great improvement for free.

John Withem

Proprietor

JW Audio.

http://www.jwaudio.net/default.html

Well, I took the plunge and upgraded to W10 today. It pretty well went flawlessly. I have to say that it was a improvement over W8. Much more 3 dimensional with a greater scents of space between instruments. Spatial queues are much improved to give a better impression of being in the actual venue with the musicians. A great improvement for free.

yes, I like the smello-audio feature as well, especially classical with the scent of wood from the string instruments.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/