IGNORED

JRemote views and assets

dummy

Hello,

I have two very small odd behaviours with JRemote that I can't quite understand.

1- Following ted_b JRiver videos, I set everything on JRemote to mirror my JRiver settings, artists/albums descending by date. While everything is almost perfect, I have the odd here and there Disc 02 that comes/shows up before Disc 01 on quite a few 2 discs CD (each cd being tagged correctly as Disc 01 and Disc 02). Why is that?

2- Why are the assets tags are all over the place? A folder of mine will have 5 jpegs tagged as 001, 002, 003... yet they will show up in no particular order on JRemote/Assets and seldomly in the numerical order. Looks to me they show up as the last one imported perhaps. Why is that?

Two very very small details but... they kinda drive me crazy!

:)

Arcam rDAC / Oppo BDP-83 / NAD 315BEE / Totem Arro

I don't use assets enough to recognize the ordering problem you encountered, most of my tagged assets are PAF booklets.

As for Disk 01, 02 etc. very carefully make sure that the same naming convention is being used. When ripping disks it amazed me the number of classical music CDs that used a different naming convention for Disk 2. I found "Disk1" followed by "Disk 2" as well as underlines. But then these differences showed up in JRiver itself.

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

Dummy,

Do you have a screenshot showing the Disc 01 and Disc 02 issue? Show the filename too.

For assets (which I don't really use much) make sure they are located in an assets subfolder in the same folder as the album. I would ask LesPaul (the JRemote developer) on the Interact forum about alphabetizing the assets list.

JRiver01.JPG

JRemote1.jpg

JRiver02.JPG

JRemote2.jpg

Here are screenshots of my JRiver vs my JRemote.

You can't see in the second JRiver shot but the 6 Family Tree white covers are in numerical order (where they aren't in JRemote). Other than that, you can see that JRemote doesn't always follow numerical/alphabetical order as It does in JRiver.

JRemote3.JPG

Here it is... I sort it by date oldest to newest and, as I said earlier, for the most part It always shows up correctly except for the odd disc 02 before disc 01 here and there on JRemote only... And yes, both dates on each discs are tagged exactly the same.

Well, once you do by date then all bets are off for alphabetical within date.

Really? That simple? Okay...

I just find It odd that JRiver get it right and not JRemote.

Oh well... My OCD will have to relax a bit!

Thanks a lot Ted!

:)

A bit off topic but since we're here anyway... and I am curious and you are The Master here (Ted)... I've asked a couple of years ago but didn't quite get it then and I was very green with JRiver...

If you go back to my second JRiver screenshot, you'll see 6 white covers of the Björk boxset Family Tree. I always wondered If It was possible, using that same structure (album artists/albums) to add another folder within the Björk folder for boxsets or multi discs sets.

For example, that Family Tree boxset would show up as one cover/item only and when I click on it then I would see the six differents discs with their own cover each (because that boxset is packaged that way).

Would that be something possible you think?

Thanks!

You could name all of the albums the exact same (I.e Family Tree Boxset) and then have another tag to seperate them out (Disc 01, Disc 02, etc). You could create a custom tag or use a generic built in tag like Comments. Then you would have to modify your View so it will drill down into the next tag level you just created. It's a bit of a PITA but it works - though Ted may have a more elegant solution.

I do something similar with my classical music, I use "Classical" for the general Genre but then use the "Group" tag to distinguish types of classical (I.e Symphony, Ballet, Opera, Chamber, etc.). I then added a Classical View that allows me to subsort on the Group tag.

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800