IGNORED

UpTone Audio REGEN Power Supply Add-On

Are you buying one?  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jesus has just announced the micro rendu price, with ordering information coming soon. I'd really like to get your new power supply to go with it, so I hope you can disclose more about your PS technology and production timeframe by the time Jesus opens his order queue. I understand you have to stick to your discipline re business practices. I just hope it works out this way.

I think the timing will work out. Not that the new PS will be ready to ship as soon as the microRendu (I wish it would be because they will be a match made in heaven), but we are quite close to revealing all as the pre-prpduction boards should be sent off within a couple of weeks. That's the milestone John and I set for when we would open up and let the fun start.

As a JS-2 owner, do I need to consider this new power supply add-on? Thinking in terms of powering the Regen and possibly the microRendu in the near future. Is the JS-2 all one would need for ultimate SQ?

The 5-7 amp JS-2 certainly has you covered. And someone who wanted to use our new 1 amp supply for both a REGEN and microRendu would most likely need two units.

As for SQ, the truth is we are still about a week or so out from John being able to directly compare the JS-2 versus our new supply--in his listening room as opposed to just on the test bench.

It will be easier to speak of the performance differences once we really know them--and once we have revealed all about the tech in this crazy new PS. Soon. :)

Jesus has just announced the micro rendu price, with ordering information coming soon. I'd really like to get your new power supply to go with it, so I hope you can disclose more about your PS technology and production timeframe by the time Jesus opens his order queue. I understand you have to stick to your discipline re business practices. I just hope it works out this way.

Where did you see this ?

rogerdn

The 5-7 amp JS-2 certainly has you covered. And someone who wanted to use our new 1 amp supply for both a REGEN and microRendu would most likely need two units.

As for SQ, the truth is we are still about a week or so out from John being able to directly compare the JS-2 versus our new supply--in his listening room as opposed to just on the test bench.

It will be easier to speak of the performance differences once we really know them--and once we have revealed all about the tech in this crazy new PS. Soon. :)

Would it be possible to power 2 units from a single Regen Meanwell PSU? Say one at 5v for an SSD & a second unit for the Regen?

Would it be possible to power 2 units from a single Regen Meanwell PSU? Say one at 5v for an SSD & a second unit for the Regen?

The output voltage of the supplied Meanwell PSU is +7.5V, which is too high for an SSD.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

according to the above posts, the supply will definitely offer 3.3/5/7V selections.

The yet to be released "Mystery" PSU will have selectable voltage outputs of 3.3/5/7V 1A, and it could be powered by a +7.5V Meanwell SMPS as supplied with the Regen.

However you will be limited to a single output voltage as selected by the slide switch position.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Alex, not sure this is the right place to discuss this, but could you tell us more about other products you are working on and plan to release in 2016?

Sorry, but no.

It is rarely smart for a business to discuss products under development unless they are extremely close to release.

The semi-mystery LPS that is the subject of this thread is a perfect example. I made a mention of the project, someone started a thread about it, then the development--due to complexity and wanting to do it right for the big picture plan for the technology--took much longer than expected (John has a demanding day job as a chip designer, and he has been splitting his "free" time between our UpTone projects and the microRendu for Jesus).

So while we are really excited about revealing and releasing several forthcoming devices (one of which I am listing to right now), John and I are doing our best to keep our mouths shut. ;)

That said, there is one project I can talk about: The new UpTone Production Facility (UPF). Have been planing this for a while. The construction drawings and foundation plan are being submitted for county permitting this week, and I expect to be breaking ground on this 600 sq./ft. addition to the house this spring. It will have a bathroom and kitsch area for my staff, excellent lighting, lovely windows and a deck onto our canyon mountain view, and best of all, real heating and air conditioning!

My only fear, aside from the cost, is the distraction it will be for me during many phases of construction. As they say, the devil is always in the details--and I like details…

Partial View.jpg

Alex, I can understand your reluctance to name/discuss any products that are forthcoming. But may I ask if it is possible for you to say whether you think you will have them out by the end of the year +/-?

It will at least give us hope!

PS please have a kick ass DAC to go with Jesus anticipated kick ass microRendu!! Those with my Uptone Audio JS-2 and MMK Mac Mini should be audio nirvana!!

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

Sorry, but no.

It is rarely smart for a business to discuss products under development unless they are extremely close to release.

The semi-mystery LPS that is the subject of this thread is a perfect example. I made a mention of the project, someone started a thread about it, then the development--due to complexity and wanting to do it right for the big picture plan for the technology--took much longer than expected (John has a demanding day job as a chip designer, and he has been splitting his "free" time between our UpTone projects and the microRendu for Jesus).

So while we are really excited about revealing and releasing several forthcoming devices (one of which I am listing to right now), John and I are doing our best to keep our mouths shut. ;)

That said, there is one project I can talk about: The new UpTone Production Facility (UPF). Have been planing this for a while. The construction drawings and foundation plan are being submitted for county permitting this week, and I expect to be breaking ground on this 600 sq./ft. addition to the house this spring. It will have a bathroom and kitsch area for my staff, excellent lighting, lovely windows and a deck onto our canyon mountain view, and best of all, real heating and air conditioning!

My only fear, aside from the cost, is the distraction it will be for me during many phases of construction. As they say, the devil is always in the details--and I like details…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24431[/ATTACH]

I would not have asked had you not mentioned some projects in other threads :)

Alex, I can understand your reluctance to name/discuss any products that are forthcoming. But may I ask if it is possible for you to say whether you think you will have them out by the end of the year +/-?

Well yeah, it's only the end-of-February now. We darn well better have some new products out--by summer or well sooner! I'm not dumping a boat of cash into a new building for nothing. :)

Hope your workshop extension project runs as sweetly as your Regen does, Alex.

Looks nice, but putting on my passive solar hat, I had a thought... I wondered if you could use bigger windows on the south and smaller ones on the north (but I gather that's where the view is??). Ensuring the awning is wide enough to block the summer sun. That might give you better light and passive comfort [emoji846]

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos