IGNORED

New Hires music logo RIAA

B01A3B5E-8857-EDAB-F5D8-D421AEFBB750.png

The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and its member companies today (June 23, 2015)unveiled a new logo designed to help music fans more easily identify the highest-quality digital music. This significant step forward in the digital listening experience allows digital retailers to mark recordings that meet the official definition for “High Resolution Music” that was agreed to last year, in cooperation with the Consumer Electronics Association, DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group and The Recording Academy Producers & Engineers Wing.

High Resolution Music is officially defined as “lossless audio capable of reproducing the full spectrum of sound from recordings which have been mastered from better than CD quality (48kHz/20-bit or higher) music sources which represent what the artists, producers and engineers originally intended.” This definition ensures consumers receive music that is delivered in a digital format that retains the highest quality captured during the creative process.

More crowing here.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

isn't logo already existed?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19427[/ATTACH]

Of course it is. For EQUIPMENT dear consumer, not for music....we're all meant to know this!

The new Hi-Res MUSIC logo (attached), developed by 2B Communications Inc., was designed to identify those high resolution recordings that are available from digital music retailers in the U.S., Canada, and Europe for commercial downloads or streaming. The logo has been specifically designed to complement the Hi-Res AUDIO logo that is currently licensed by the Japan Audio Society for use on compatible consumer electronics devices.

"“We are excited that retailers and service providers now have a Hi-Res MUSIC logo that allows audio fans to easily differentiate the highest resolution recordings from CD and compressed music offerings,” said Jim Belcher, Universal Music Group’s vice president of technology and production. "

Note the RIAA logo applies to music excluding just about every country, but notice Japan is missing from their list? I don't think the USA would want to adopt something from Japan, so let's confuse the world and make our own system.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

What a terrible logo. Looks like it was created in 1984.

1984 - very ominous in the Orwellian sense! Do you think 'Big Brother' may be watching? Excuse me, I forgot; the NSA already is. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

The logo looks Lo-Res to me.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

• 3 weeks later...
High Resolution Music is officially defined as “lossless audio... recordings which have been mastered from better than CD quality (48kHz/20-bit or higher) music sources ...

Really ? That is their idea of High Resolution ?

But then, it does come from an organization that used to sue grannies for hundreds of thousands of dollar just cause the grand kids found music on the Internet.

Really ? That is their idea of High Resolution ?

But then, it does come from an organization that used to sue grannies for hundreds of thousands of dollar just cause the grand kids found music on the Internet.

What is the problem with that? lets' face it, 20 bits basically never happen, and I personally agree to call anything 24bits highres, even if only 24/44 by the way.

What is the problem with that? lets' face it, 20 bits basically never happen, and I personally agree to call anything 24bits highres, even if only 24/44 by the way.

Many of my live concerts on Blu-Ray Disc are 20/48, maybe this is what they are referring to?

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa