IGNORED

"Budget" Devialet alternative coming soon...

Not seen mention of it before; but was reading MicroMega have a "Devialet" type lifestyle amp/DAC coming soon.

M1 range | Micromega-Hifi

Prices starting at €3000 for a 100w unit with USB, MC/MM phono and various wired and wireless digital and analogue inputs.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I am worried it might not have sufficient input and output options.

schema_backside_m1.gif

You're a cad :-)

Seriously though when they show it mounted on the wall, it would be much nicer if he connections were in a separate remote box linked with a single cable...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Based on their track record it will be a very good value.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)