IGNORED

James Horner (1953-2015)

Just read the sad news that James Horner, composer for some of my favourite films, died in a plane crash.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

In our digital age, this is one of the ways his composing talent will live on (from Wikipedia):

Horner's scores have been sampled in trailers for other films. The climax of the track Bishop's Countdown from his score for Aliens ranks fifth in the most commonly used soundtrack cues for film trailers.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Just read the sad news that James Horner, composer for some of my favourite films, died in a plane crash.

Great loss for those of us who love film and appreciate what an enormous contribution his soundtracks made to our visual enjoyment, emotional experience that conveyed a musical telepathy throughout a film. Lately, he also published musical compositions other than soundtracks. I will miss his genius and extend my deepest sympathies to his family and loved ones.

Some of the great artists have not been fortunate in the skies. Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, Fats Domino. Professional sports greats, statesman, Glen Miller and on and on. We nearly lost Harrison Ford. With John Travolta's successes on screen and in the skies, it is a crapshoot that some thrive and others are taken away.

Asking Grace be extended to James Horner.

Best,

Richard

Some of the great artists have not been fortunate in the skies. Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, Fats Domino.

Rumors of Antoine Domino's demise have been greatly exaggerated. :)

The unfortunate fellow who perished in the plane crash with Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens was "the Big Bopper," J. P. Richardson, Jr.

Remember also Stevie Ray Vaughan (helicopter rather than plane).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

OOOps! Sorry to Fats. Live long and prosper. I meant "the Big Bopper" given I have seen La Bamba a few dozen times. And Ritchie's first name was misspelled. Sorry Ritchie (birth name Richard Steven Valenzuela). Must be one heck of a Jam with those who past when their Angel wings took them from us.

Enjoy the music wherever they are,

Richard