IGNORED

Chord 2Qute

If you clicked on this thread because, like me, you're after some user experience/reviews, my apologies. I just posted to ask if anyone would like to share their experience with this DAC (esp. vs Hugo and on USB input).

AFAIK it's been on sale for a couple of months now, but surprised that there's very little hands-on comment here, considering the extensive evaluations some other DACs attract, sometimes even prior to release.

Nick77 - congrats on your purchase. Keep an open mind on what you read (that goes without saying course). By all accounts the Hugo and the newer variants are fantastic items.

What gets "reported" is certainly open for interpretation, experience, preference, environments etc - e.g. The Yag thread on headfi apparently, ahh never mind :) don't get caught in that hype machine, ?

My rig

AFAIK it's been on sale for a couple of months now, but surprised that there's very little hands-on comment here, considering the extensive evaluations some other DACs attract, sometimes even prior to release.

Im surprised too. As popular as the Qute and Hugo were the last few years you would think there would be more buzz about the 2qute. There must be too many choices out there in the Dac world.

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

Nick77 - congrats on your purchase. Keep an open mind on what you read (that goes without saying course). By all accounts the Hugo and the newer variants are fantastic items.

What gets "reported" is certainly open for interpretation, experience, preference, environments etc - e.g. The Yag thread on headfi apparently, ahh never mind :) don't get caught in that hype machine, ��

Thanks, my dealer didnt have stock so he ordered me one from distributor Bluebird. They are out of stock for several more weeks, guess their still in short supply?? :(

Holo Spring Kitsume Level 3, Singxer SU-1

Thanks, my dealer didnt have stock so he ordered me one from distributor Bluebird. They are out of stock for several more weeks, guess their still in short supply?? :(

Wow, so they're selling so many that they're out of stock but not a peep from any owners around here or some of the other forums. Supposedly head fi has some feedback.

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

Wow, so they're selling so many that they're out of stock but not a peep from any owners around here or some of the other forums. Supposedly head fi has some feedback.

Yup, I dont get it either. Trying to not be nervous about purchase?? Maybe lack of stellar DSD playback??

Yup, I dont get it either. Trying to not be nervous about purchase?? Maybe lack of stellar DSD playback??

Ultimately it's down to what you want from a DAC, but based on 8 months with the Hugo I very much doubt you'll regret your decision. Maybe they are simply in short supply because they haven't made that many so far. Chord are not that big a company, but have quite a range of existing and brand new models I guess all competing for production time.

I'd just like to know how the different power supply and treatment of USB output in the 2Qute translate into relative SQ vs the Hugo.

The What HiFi review is pretty lame, as are most of their reviews - they tend to read more like press announcements and are completely without substance. Which is why it's good to hear from genuine owners on forums like this. Components like this simply aren't stocked in many bricks and mortar stores and so sometimes you need to buy online based on faith (I live in Australia and there is no stockist in Queensland - the closest is Sydney, which is a ten hour drive away).

The What HiFi review is pretty lame

+1

Apparently it's a minus that "Coaxial input requires an adapter" but not referred to in text of review at all.

Presumably they just mean it's got a BNC input. By my experience the last thing you should do is use an adaptor, get a properly terminated I/c instead.

The What HiFi review is pretty lame, as are most of their reviews

Thats a good assessment ...

There are a number of positive comments over on Naim forum for all the "baby" Chords.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Thats a good assessment ...

There are a number of positive comments over on Naim forum for all the "baby" Chords.

Probably an understatement and a good example of "British values" in action if I may say so. I can't think of many other manufacturer forums that would allow a good % of the posters free rein to say how much better a competitor's (DAC) products are...

Thanks for the heads-up. I had a look over there and found there's quite a bit of love for the 2Qute in that forum.

Also a number interesting comments about aftermarket linear power supplies having a positive effect. I intend to try a good LPS.

Just ordered the "black version" from Moon Audio.

This is replacing an Oppo HA-1 that I just returned from 20 day audition. The HA-1 was ok but I didn't need the headphone out (which is supposed to be its strong suit) and all those other input connections it offers. Plus I didn't like the heat output from the Oppo's class A headphone amp with no way to turn it off.

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers

Just ordered the "black version" from Moon Audio.

This is replacing an Oppo HA-1 that I just returned from 20 day audition. The HA-1 was ok but I didn't need the headphone out (which is supposed to be its strong suit) and all those other input connections it offers. Plus I didn't like the heat output from the Oppo's class A headphone amp with no way to turn it off.

My Black 2qute shipped today . I have a Yggdrasil coming in hopefully

the end of July as Schiit appears to be having problems getting the Dac chip central to the Yggy .

I will be making some serious comparisons hopefully this month .

I placed my order 4 weeks ago and still waiting, supposed to arrive dealer on Monday and then ship. :(

Wow. I thought these were readily available. Hope mine don't take near that long.

I'm currently without a dac right now. My order from Moon Audio says "processing"

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers