IGNORED

Tidal can't send digital from my phone to my DAC??

After numerous attempts to talk with Tidal support, and explain my issue, I've given up.

I want their app, running on my Note 3, to simply allow the bits streaming into the phone to be sent to my W4S DAC2 SE.

All I get is tinny sounds through the DAC in my phone out my phone's tiny speaker.

As I told their support folks, I'm already doing it with files I've downloaded to the phone, using the nice USB Audio Player Pro app I purchased some time ago and an OTG cable. So, I think it could at least maybe work..

Tidal doesn't seem to know what I'm asking, or else I'm not understanding something. If they just told me for example 'no, we don't support sending digital to an outboard DAC from Android' or something like that, I'd accept it. But instead I get answers like 'some DACs support it and some don't'.

Can anyone help? I'm running Lollipop 5.0.

New speakers, new system, I'd love to be able to try out a bunch of music.. Thanks for any help you can give.

--Can anyone help? I'm running Lollipop 5.0.

Steve

It has nothing to do with TIDAL and everything to do with Lollipop and your phone. Unfortunately the Lollipop doesn't support USB out (unless via usb player pro/hiby etc) on most Android phones. The earlier version Kikat 4.4 does (i have it on my Sony Z3c and TIDAL works). Plenty of info on this over at Head-fi - Android phones and USB DACs