IGNORED

JRMC: Custom views???

Using JRMC on mac (20.0.116).

I am able to create a "Library view" with a custom view. I have saved these views although when I want to load a custom view I see none of the ones I saved. Not too big a deal since the custom arrangement sticks.

The issue I am having is with playlists. I want to have a custom view on them similar to the one I created above. But choosing "custom view" only shows "file list" and I cannot find a way to customize pretty much anything.

To be more concise: the custom view I want is a list of "Album Artist" on the middle pane with a right pane "by file, grouped by album". That works fine in my Library View, alternatives to that for a playlist is fine as long as I can start with "Album Artist" as the first pivot, and would like some grouping of album next.

-- So how do I make "custom view" do anything on playlists?

-- How do I see my saved views?

Just so you understand why I want this: to create playlists to sync my DAP to the files I want to sync it to.

Thx!

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Using JRMC on mac (20.0.116).

I am able to create a "Library view" with a custom view. I have saved these views although when I want to load a custom view I see none of the ones I saved. Not too big a deal since the custom arrangement sticks.

The issue I am having is with playlists. I want to have a custom view on them similar to the one I created above. But choosing "custom view" only shows "file list" and I cannot find a way to customize pretty much anything.

To be more concise: the custom view I want is a list of "Album Artist" on the middle pane with a right pane "by file, grouped by album". That works fine in my Library View, alternatives to that for a playlist is fine as long as I can start with "Album Artist" as the first pivot, and would like some grouping of album next.

-- So how do I make "custom view" do anything on playlists?

-- How do I see my saved views?

Just so you understand why I want this: to create playlists to sync my DAP to the files I want to sync it to.

Thx!

Nada de nada?!

At the very least: Is there a helpful custom views info page somewhere?

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

Nada de nada?!

At the very least: Is there a helpful custom views info page somewhere?

Is ted_b's JRiver Tutorial Part 2 (Tags and Views) of any help? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3487125/Jriver%20Part%20Two%20-%20Tags%20and%20Views.mp4

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Is ted_b's JRiver Tutorial Part 2 (Tags and Views) of any help? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3487125/Jriver%20Part%20Two%20-%20Tags%20and%20Views.mp4

Ok, so that's a pretty good tutorial, thank you. I had sort of figured that out (not completely as I still don't know how to save my custom library views). The issue I have is with custom views on playlists - that is when I have a static playlist I would like to show it not by file name or with tiles but grouped by album artist and then files. Makes sense?

system pics

Ok, so that's a pretty good tutorial, thank you. I had sort of figured that out (not completely as I still don't know how to save my custom library views). The issue I have is with custom views on playlists - that is when I have a static playlist I would like to show it not by file name or with tiles but grouped by album artist and then files. Makes sense?

Actually two questions:

1- In your tutorial you see saved views. I don't. I do see them in the directory they are supposed to be in but not when I click "Load View"

2- How do I customize a view for a playlist (I know I just asked... :) )

system pics

There is no need to do any "load view" in JRiver. Just create a custom view as per my tutorial, under, say, Audio, and when you save it the view will show under Audio (see pic). All those views under Audio are either default views that come with JRIver (artist, album, etc) or mine (24bit hirez, wav, DSD, DSD128, ISO, etc). It can be a panel style view (like "files" is) or a cover art style view (also called a category view). You can import those views into JRemote if you want.

jriverview24.jpg

What do you mean by customizing a view for a playlist? Change the playlist style? Go to top of playlist area and pull down "list style". There you can do details, thumbnails, etc. Is that what you want?

There is no need to do any "load view" in JRiver. Just create a custom view as per my tutorial, under, say, Audio, and when you save it the view will show under Audio (see pic). All those views under Audio are either default views that come with JRIver (artist, album, etc) or mine (24bit hirez, wav, DSD, DSD128, ISO, etc). It can be a panel style view (like "files" is) or a cover art style view (also called a category view). You can import those views into JRemote if you want.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19213[/ATTACH]

What do you mean by customizing a view for a playlist? Change the playlist style? Go to top of playlist area and pull down "list style". There you can do details, thumbnails, etc. Is that what you want?

Thanks. All of the above is clear and I understand what each piece does.

Two issues on JRMC 20.0.116 on mac:

1- I simply cannot save a view. The view I set up for a new "library view" is fine and sticks - and I save it and in fact I see the saved files, except when I want to "load saved view" I see nothing (unlike in your video, but you're on Windows)

This is my view "Audio Album Artist ALAC" (the name I saved it with):

Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 10.00.00 PM.png

2- I want to make a static playlist display exactly like that as well

Thx.

system pics

It might be a language barrier, but how can you say that your views don't save...when in fact I see that view as clear as day! It is in your list on the left, called Audio ALAC (I would have put it under Audio myself, not in the root). Why do you want to do what you call "load saved view"...when the view is viewable???? Load what? Why? It's a custom view and is always there. And if you add Alac tracks it adds to the view (assuming your rules are correct).

Viewing playlists is done from the playlist pulldown at the top of the playlist, as mentioned earlier.

It might be a language barrier, but how can you say that your views don't save...when in fact I see that view as clear as day! It is in your list on the left, called Audio ALAC (I would have put it under Audio myself, not in the root). Why do you want to do what you call "load saved view"...when the view is viewable???? Load what? Why? It's a custom view and is always there. And if you add Alac tracks it adds to the view (assuming your rules are correct).

Viewing playlists is done from the playlist pulldown at the top of the playlist, as mentioned earlier.

Very simple: I can configure a view and it "sticks" meaning it doesn't go away. I can also hit "Save view" and I see the saved file. However, when I try to set up a new view, I hit "Load a view" and I don't see the views I previously saved.

As for playlists, I cannot customize the view at all. I hit "Customize view" and I get a screen that doesn't really let me customize anything.

system pics

Why do you want to do what you call "load saved view"...when the view is viewable???? Load what?

Say I want to create "Audio Non ALAC" with the same exact look but filtering by File Type != m4a. I would like to be able to load the view I just saved (which I see in ~/Library/Application Support/JRiver/Library/Saved Views/) and simply change the filter to "is not". Problem is I don't see the saved views! It looks to me like a typical bug in a port from Windows.

system pics

No, I don't load any view either. If you have created a view you'd like to use as a template then: In the view creation screen scroll down, under where rules are, and "save this view". Then the next time you want to "add library view" the saved view shows up in the template viewer. There is no "load view" necessary.

add library view.jpg

However, it also takes like 3 minutes to create a sophisticated view from scratch, so I seldom save a template anyway. I always start with empty view. I did this one (DSD) for your purposes.

No, I don't load any view either. If you have created a view you'd like to use as a template then: In the view creation screen scroll down, under where rules are, and "save this view". Then the next time you want to "add library view" the saved view shows up in the template viewer. There is no "load view" necessary.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19220[/ATTACH]

Yes, I've done all this like I explained. When I create a new library view, only Empty view shows up even though I have saved the views - and I even see them in the directory.

Maybe a mac user on the forum could check whether their version of JRMC does the same as mine?

system pics

• 2 weeks later...

Playlist question: I have a static (ie standard form) playlist where I have inadvertently put one song of an album whereas I intended to put the full album. Is it possible to create a playlist where I see only those albums that have one song only in the playlist?

FYI this is a LONG playlist (~100gb worth) - hence my desire to automate the process.

Thx.

system pics