IGNORED

My God! Imagine if all the record companies start putting their libraries up for sale like this!!!!!

http://www.linnrecords.com/collection-digital-music-collection---western-digital-passport.aspx

Linn Records offer an easy way to enjoy Linn Records digital music catalogue on your Linn DS digital stream player.

We deliver the entire digital music catalogue to you in FLAC format on a hard-drive of your choice. The music and the printable sleeve artwork is pre-loaded for your convenience.

NB. Customers in the USA should contact Terra-San, who can process Linn digital music collection orders in US dollars and ship from their US warehouse.

The Western Digital "My Passport Essential" is a portable hard-drive that allows you to carry your music, video, and photos in style.

* Works with Windows (Windows 2000/XP/Vista) and Mac (OS X 10.4.11+) computers.

* Powered directly from the USB port on your PC.

* My Passport Essential portable hard drive includes a USB 2.0 cable and a Quick Install Guide

This is a convenient way to purchase Linn Records digital music for people who already own a NAS. (Click here for digital music collections pre-loaded on a NAS.)

Follow the steps below to create your bespoke Digital Music Collection.

Step 1: Choose your music collection*

* Complete Linn Records music collection - includes Classical, Jazz and Scottish recordings

* Linn Records Classical music collection - includes recordings from Dunedin Consort, Sir Charles Mackerras and Emma Bell

* Linn Records non-Classical music collection - includes Jazz and Scottish recordings

Step 2: Choose your file quality

* Studio Master quality only - includes all Linn Records albums available at 24 bit

* Studio Master quality and CD quality - albums will be uploaded in the highest resolution available; either 16 bit or 24 bit

Step 3: Customise your Western Digital Passport

* Select your colour - choose from viola, vibrant pink, raindrop blue, midnight black and real red

* Choose your drive size - options range from 250GB - 500GB

Visit the WDC website for more information. Click on 'Portable' in the 'External Hard Drives' dropdown. Click on the 'My Passport Essential' link.

Step 4: Contact Linn Records for a quote

* Email us with your choices and we will contact you with a quote. Prices are valid for 28 days.

* Customers in the USA should contact Terra-San, who can process Linn digital music collection orders in US dollars and ship from their US warehouse.

NB. Please allow 28 days for delivery.

*Please note that boxed sets and LPs are not included in Digital Music Collections.

Release Date 2009

"The Western Digital "My Passport Essential" is a portable hard-drive that allows you to carry your music, video, and photos in style."

I've been using a WD My Passport for probably 2 years. Excellent for portable hard disk. Just waiting on the SSD version now.

clay

DVD COPY CONTROL ASSOCIATION, INC., Plaintiff and Appellant, v. KALEIDESCAPE, INC., Defendant and Respondent.

COURT OF APPEAL OF CALIFORNIA, SIXTH APPELLATE DISTRICT

176 Cal. App. 4th 697

August 12, 2009, Filed

PROCEDURAL POSTURE: Plaintiff licensor appealed a judgment from the Superior Court of Santa Clara County (California), which, after a court trial, ruled that defendant licensee was not liable on claims for breach of contract and breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing.

OVERVIEW: The licensor sought equitable relief, alleging that the product developed by the licensee did not comply with the requirements of a general specifications document. The trial court found that this document was not part of the contract, that its terms were not sufficiently definite to allow for specific performance, and that the licensor had not shown threatened irreparable harm. The court concluded that the express terms of the license agreement, which were sufficiently clear to ascertain the parties' intent as contemplated by Civ. Code, § 1636, 1638, required the licensee to build its system according to specifications that the licensor would later provide. Extrinsic evidence of the parties' acts, admissible to show the circumstances and resolve ambiguity under Civ. Code, §§ 1647, 1649, established that the general specifications document was among the specifications provided. Specific performance might be available if a ruling on the issue of breach resolved the uncertainty. Because the license agreement specified that a breach would result in irreparable harm, injunctive relief under Civ. Code, § 3422, would be available upon a finding of breach absent an adequate remedy at law.

OUTCOME: The court reversed and remanded to the trial court for further proceedings.

Could someone tell us non-lawyers what that means?

Is Kaleidescape allowed to produce DVD ripping devices or not?

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.