IGNORED

Auralic Vega DSD256 Firmware Update

Would everyone who has upgraded the firmware on their VEGA to share their experience? Does your HW version change?

If you look at this photo, the HW is version 1.2:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/auralic-vega-dsd256-firmware-update-24817/#post502700

I contacted Auralic recently about upgrading my VEGA to 2.0 firmware. It turns out the upgrade cost is now $350, including both hardware and software, and takes 3 weeks. At $350, I'm not sure if it is worth it.

It's free in the US. Apparently.

Hi, I received my updated vega yesterday and so far everything is working great! DSD256 sounds awesome through HQPlayer, although I must admit it's hard for me to tell the difference since the unit was away for so long (2 months).

However, what is a huge benefit is the updated firmware seems to have fixed the white static that sometimes comes through when switching between DSD128 and PCM files. I've tried this a few times and the updated firmware handles the transition with no issues unlike before the update when I used to get the white noise.

Just wanted to pass this along in case some of you are experiencing the white noise issue - the firmware upgrade seems to fix the problem.

Thank you Auralic for the great customer service!

Hammer

Here in germany, i was told that the upgrade will be without cost the first 6 month. Then i heard nothing for a year from the distributor.

Now Auralic tells that upgrading is 350$... and device needs to be shipped to china.

I am a bit disapointed and will not upgrade my Vega for a few albums in DSD256. I stay with the Vega cause i`m loving its sound, but i have learned not to believe anymore in such promises.

roon ROCK on a NUC Dawsoncanyon

ELAC DDP-2 as roon endpoint and Preamp (also for analog devices, TV, Omtec turntable amp for my Thorens TD2001)

XLR > ATC SCM45A pro

RME ADI 2 DAC Fs DAC/Pre with ADAM Artist5 at PC setup

Grado GH-1 Headphone

Here in germany, i was told that the upgrade will be without cost the first 6 month. Then i heard nothing for a year from the distributor.

Now Auralic tells that upgrading is 350$... and device needs to be shipped to china.

I am a bit disapointed and will not upgrade my Vega for a few albums in DSD256. I stay with the Vega cause i`m loving its sound, but i have learned not to believe anymore in such promises.

Same feelings for me in Spain...

I was waiting for the upgrade for a year. Now they have "offered" me the upgrade for 350 US$...

What kind of joke is this? What is the reason of this difference between US vs EU and the rest of the world costumers?

Same feelings for me in Spain...

I was waiting for the upgrade for a year. Now they have "offered" me the upgrade for 350 US$...

What kind of joke is this?

Bad joke and terrible customer service - I've sold my Auralic devices. Lost me and I was one of their supporters.

ANYONE using JRIVER successfully with DSD256 and Vega?

DIGITAL: Windows 7 x64 JRMC19 >Adnaco S3B fiber over USB (battery power)> Auralic Vega > Tortuga LDR custom LPSU > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ANALOG: PTP Audio Solid 9 > Audiomods Series V > Audio Technica Art-7 MC > Allnic H1201 > Tortuga LDR > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ACCESSORIES: PlatterSpeed, BlackCat cables, Antipodes Cables, Huffman Cables, Feickert Protracter, OMA Graphite mat, JRemote

• 7 months later...
I always have latest Stable release of JRMC installed. Currently, 21.037.

• oNQgjrAl.jpg

• XJtN6i2l.jpg

I've fed DSD64 and 128 to my Vega but not 256. That said, I find that the AURALIC USB driver on windows is very configurable. Locate your audio properties icon in the lower right and access the playback devices. Double click on the AURALIC USB driver (make sure your DAC is connected first). There are options which control the max sample rates supported etc. These are useful depending on your computer processing capabilities and the connected DAC capabilities.

I have just been advised by Chris Morris at Auralic that the update is no longer being offered.

:(

I won't buy any more Auralic products in the future. This upgrade fiasco was handled terribly and their communication sucked throughout the process.

They don't stand by their customers and I won't use their products or recommend them to anyone. Thanks Auralic for letting Vega owners know you could care less about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers

I won't buy any more Auralic products in the future. This upgrade fiasco was handled terribly and their communication sucked throughout the process.

They don't stand by their customers and I won't use their products or recommend them to anyone. Thanks Auralic for letting Vega owners know you could care less about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

I own a Vega and found their service to be top notch in the 3 times I've dealt with them. Immediate response and very satisfied with their work. Went out of their way to help me. Not to mention the Vega is still one of the best DACs around, so I'd certainly be interested in their future offerings.

Did you get your Vega firmware updated and were you satisfied with the process of the upgrade? If not, I don't see how your reply to my posting is relevant

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers

Based on your first post I wouldn't expect you to.

Thanks for answering my question.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

I own a Vega and found their service to be top notch in the 3 times I've dealt with them. Immediate response and very satisfied with their work. Went out of their way to help me. Not to mention the Vega is still one of the best DACs around, so I'd certainly be interested in their future offerings.

Kilroy, I assume you are in the U.S.

In Australia the distributor referred me to Auralic in China and washed their hands of the issue.

I don't consider that to be going "out of their way to help me".