IGNORED

Auralic Vega DSD256 Firmware Update

OK I figured out how to remove the fuse but i can't read the value. Does anyone know what the Vega uses for a fuse and also the Aries power supply?

Aries: 500 mA, Small, Slow Blow (in power supply)

VEGA: 500 mA, Small, Slow Blow

I found both to be worthwhile upgrades, but the fuse in the VEGA made a bigger difference if you are prioritizing. I too had a hard time reading the stock fuses :)

Remember that the fuses are directional and depending on the brand it may be hard to figure out which way to install - so install both ways and listen to be sure. Installed the wrong way will sound a bit harsh.

Aries: 500 mA, Small, Slow Blow (in power supply)

VEGA: 500 mA, Small, Slow Blow

I found both to be worthwhile upgrades, but the fuse in the VEGA made a bigger difference if you are prioritizing. I too had a hard time reading the stock fuses :)

Remember that the fuses are directional and depending on the brand it may be hard to figure out which way to install - so install both ways and listen to be sure. Installed the wrong way will sound a bit harsh.

May I ask where you got that info?

Sad to report that I still can't get DSD256 working with JRMC, and I finally started to sit down and try with Foobar (even though JRMC will do DSD512 to my ifi natively) and now I can play no DSD files. Working with Auralic tech support for 4 months now...wtf.

My upgraded Vega has suddenly stopped recognized the DoP flag; it will display 176kHz or 352kHz respectively for DSD64 or DSD128. This actually makes sense to me as I felt something was wrong from the get-go when DSD256 would not play when native DSD512 w/ JRMC works perfectly to the iFi.

unreal.....

I'm seriously so jaded that selling my Vega after repair is feeling like the right thing to do....

DIGITAL: Windows 7 x64 JRMC19 >Adnaco S3B fiber over USB (battery power)> Auralic Vega > Tortuga LDR custom LPSU > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ANALOG: PTP Audio Solid 9 > Audiomods Series V > Audio Technica Art-7 MC > Allnic H1201 > Tortuga LDR > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ACCESSORIES: PlatterSpeed, BlackCat cables, Antipodes Cables, Huffman Cables, Feickert Protracter, OMA Graphite mat, JRemote

Vapourware as far as I'm concerned.

No word of an update program in Australia.

I'm seriously looking at other DACs that can do DSD256.

Do it. They have really dropped the ball on customer support. They literally have one tech who has obviously been outsourced. Troubleshooting has been pushed wholly on to me and I am swamped....something obviously wrong with my unit and they refuse to test with JRMC, pushing me to use Foobar which I can't stand with it's overly modular setup.

DIGITAL: Windows 7 x64 JRMC19 >Adnaco S3B fiber over USB (battery power)> Auralic Vega > Tortuga LDR custom LPSU > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ANALOG: PTP Audio Solid 9 > Audiomods Series V > Audio Technica Art-7 MC > Allnic H1201 > Tortuga LDR > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ACCESSORIES: PlatterSpeed, BlackCat cables, Antipodes Cables, Huffman Cables, Feickert Protracter, OMA Graphite mat, JRemote

• 1 month later...
My one Vega does DSD256 without any issue and has for a while. My other Vega is en route to China now for the update.

Are you able to play DSD256 via µRendu?

Just got an official answer from Mr.Wang that my Vega is compatible with DSD256 but only via Aries or Windows players which is kinda sad since I use Mac and have no plans to buy the second Aries)

MacBook Pro + Roon > Airport Extreme > microRendu + mbps-d2s > Auralic Vega > McIntosh MC275 > Yamaha NS-2000

Wired with: High Fidelity CT-1 Enhanced RCA, Revelation Audio Labs, Fadel Art Coherence PC

Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme Small Slo-Blo Fuses

1A slo-blo small

You don't have to open it up. Just pop it off the back...

I use the same fuse in Vega which sounds awesome! Much better than the stock fuse in terms of clarity and musicality. Instant pleasure.

MacBook Pro + Roon > Airport Extreme > microRendu + mbps-d2s > Auralic Vega > McIntosh MC275 > Yamaha NS-2000

Wired with: High Fidelity CT-1 Enhanced RCA, Revelation Audio Labs, Fadel Art Coherence PC

Are you able to play DSD256 via µRendu?

Just got an official answer from Mr.Wang that my Vega is compatible with DSD256 but only via Aries or Windows players which is kinda sad since I use Mac and have no plans to buy the second Aries)

Yes.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Do it. They have really dropped the ball on customer support.

US$350 to do an update from DSD128 to DSD256 and taking 3 wks is a terrible program.

I've sold my unit and gone to another DAC that does DSD512. So much happier.

Yes.

Nice than you! My µRendu is gonna be here in a couple of days)

US$350 to do an update from DSD128 to DSD256 and taking 3 wks is a terrible program.

I've sold my unit and gone to another DAC that does DSD512. So much happier.

What did you switch to.

Sadly never was able to get dsd256 working in jriver. Going to work with tech soon on this.

$350? Huh?

Dear AURALiC VEGA DAC Customers,

We are more than glad to say that the VEGA DSD256 upgrade service in the United States region has been carried out successfully over the last 9 months. Now it is time to spread this upgrade service to all the VEGA customers worldwide!

If you are an early VEGA customer holding an unit under software version 1.9 or before, will be eligible for the DSD256 paid upgrade. This upgrade requires a replacement of a specific VEGA hardware module and software update at the same time, which will enable AURALiC VEGA DAC to play DSD256 files through ARIES Streaming Bridge or through Foobar2000 on PC platform.

Instead of putting the upgrade service into our distributors worldwide, we will undertake this service directly in order to achieve a faster upgrade and improved service to our customers. The entire upgrade period will take up to 3 weeks including 2-way international shipping and 24/7 testing process.

The upgrade requires original VEGA package. Cost will be around 350USD including both-way UPS international shipping and module upgrade fee. Importing tax and other fees may occur due to regional policies.

You may contact us at [email protected] if you are interested and provide us following initial information:

VEGA Serial Number

VEGA Hardware Version

VEGA Software Version

Owner's Name

Owner's Phone number

Owner's Address

Owner's Email Address

Original VEGA Package?

Sadly never was able to get dsd256 working in jriver. Going to work with tech soon on this.

As per Mr.Wang: "Your need an AURALiC ARIES or on Windows PC with foobar 2000 (correct software) to play quad DSD material."

As per Mr.Wang: "Your need an AURALiC ARIES or on Windows PC with foobar 2000 (correct software) to play quad DSD material."

OOB Foobar doesn't play quad DSD.

jriver does.

Auralic has yet to put up a FAQ on how to do DSD256 on either platform.

My iDSD works fine with jriver at dsd512 WITH PCM2DSD!!!

With Foobar, the modules mentioned to me after I investigated don't even allow pcm2dsd so how the hell is it even supposed to work?!??

Cluster##@:;@@#!?!

Would everyone who has upgraded the firmware on their VEGA to share their experience? Does your HW version change?

I contacted Auralic recently about upgrading my VEGA to 2.0 firmware. It turns out the upgrade cost is now $350, including both hardware and software, and takes 3 weeks. At $350, I'm not sure if it is worth it.