IGNORED

Auralic Vega DSD256 Firmware Update

They have completed the first upgrade round of 80 units in the US. They are putting the infrastructure in place to handle the rest without sending them off shore. Don't count on a free upgrade. There is not yet a definite date for this to happen.

Delays are at least due in part to the changeover of the North American distributor and the establishment of onshore servicing capabilities, which are in place now but not fully developed.

This information is direct from Auralic in China and the US via email and telephone conversations.

• 1 year later...
I won't buy any more Auralic products in the future. This upgrade fiasco was handled terribly and their communication sucked throughout the process.

They don't stand by their customers and I won't use their products or recommend them to anyone. Thanks Auralic for letting Vega owners know you could care less about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

I own a Vega and found their service to be top notch in the 3 times I've dealt with them. Immediate response and very satisfied with their work. Went out of their way to help me. Not to mention the Vega is still one of the best DACs around, so I'd certainly be interested in their future offerings.